Bitter sweet goodbye

So I just put a deposit on a 2019 Colorado ZR2 with the minimax. I love my truck, but with the amount of miles I drive and with how infrequently I use the HD for what it's meant for, it doesnt make sense for me to keep it. I'm sad to say goodbye, but I am excited for the ZR2. It'll be more "practical" for me (lol), if you can say that about a ZR2.

It's my first diesel, so I'm also excited for that. Any advice is always appreciated. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the Zr2, That's a cool little truck, especially with the  diesel. Stick around, tell how you like it....

If I didn't drag around a thousand pounds of tools daily, that exact truck would be on my radar.

Edited by gearheadesw
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 8lugCT said:

So I just put a deposit on a 2019 Colorado ZR2 with the minimax. I love my truck, but with the amount of miles I drive and with how infrequently I use the HD for what it's meant for, it doesnt make sense for me to keep it. I'm sad to say goodbye, but I am excited for the ZR2. It'll be more "practical" for me (lol), if you can say that about a ZR2.

It's my first diesel, so I'm also excited for that. Any advice is always appreciated. 

The only sense you needed was the will to keep it regardless of the math.  But this new little truck can still do truck things on a smaller scale and sound and smell glorious doing it!

16 minutes ago, 8lugCT said:

Lol sure beats having someone remove it!

Yup! I did the same. Traded in my 9" lifted 1500 for a 2015 Z/28- I made sure there were already lifted trucks on their property as well before they gave me the runaround about how they dont want a lifted truck lol!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2016 Colorado with the Duramax and it was a decent truck. I won the lemon law case on it a couple of weeks ago due to air conditioner failures. Truck is still sitting in the shop and waiting to be put back together, sat since Nov 3. I am going back into a Silverado 2500 HD Duramax in a week when paperwork is completed.

My suggestion is drive one for a weekend. The fuel economy isn’t really worth it unless you get 2 WD. Mine was 4 WD and with two kids in car seats, space was a major problem. I’m 5’8” and I always hit the knobs that turn on the 4WD and it has harder to get in and out for me. Granted I am one of the very few who have had so many issues with the Colorado so I have major buyers remorse. I am not one to recommend it.

Want better fuel economy? I drove the half ton with the v6 for a few weeks when the truck was in the shop and it got the same mpg in town as my Colorado did. Not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/18/2018 at 9:19 PM, lakamo said:
I have a 2016 Colorado with the Duramax and it was a decent truck. I won the lemon law case on it a couple of weeks ago due to air conditioner failures. Truck is still sitting in the shop and waiting to be put back together, sat since Nov 3. I am going back into a Silverado 2500 HD Duramax in a week when paperwork is completed.

My suggestion is drive one for a weekend. The fuel economy isn’t really worth it unless you get 2 WD. Mine was 4 WD and with two kids in car seats, space was a major problem. I’m 5’8” and I always hit the knobs that turn on the 4WD and it has harder to get in and out for me. Granted I am one of the very few who have had so many issues with the Colorado so I have major buyers remorse. I am not one to recommend it.

Want better fuel economy? I drove the half ton with the v6 for a few weeks when the truck was in the shop and it got the same mpg in town as my Colorado did. Not too bad.

Thanks for the advice. LOL at this point I already have it and I love it. This baby duramax LWN makes me regret not getting the LML when I was shopping for the HD. I just never needed it, and after having the full size for 2.5 years, i realize i didn't even need that. This little guy suits me well, and I've been enjoying it. SO MUCH EASIER TO FIND PARKING LOL. I do miss the luxury of the full size, buy I couldn't justify the amount of gas I was using. Its obvious that GM skimps on the features in the midsize, but I think I was just really spoiled with the 2500 LTZ.

Overall I'm very happy, and I look forward to keep this little guy running strong for a long time. I have yet to get it out on some trails, but I hope to do that soon. Until then, cheers.

70168873b41524daa65112648f7934dd.jpg

Edited by 8lugCT
  • Like 2

No worries. I bet you will love it! At the end of the day, only you can decide what is the best fit for you. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 8lugCT said:

Thanks for the advice. LOL at this point I already have it and I love it. This baby duramax LWN makes me regret not getting the LML when I was shopping for the HD. I just never needed it, and after having the full size for 2.5 years, i realize i didn't even need that. This little guy suits me well, and I've been enjoying it. SO MUCH EASIER TO FIND PARKING LOL. I do miss the luxury of the full size, buy I couldn't justify the amount of gas I was using. Its obvious that GM skimps on the features in the midsize, but I think I was just really spoiled with the 2500 LTZ.

Overall I'm very happy, and I look forward to keep this little guy running strong for a long time. I have yet to get it out on some trails, but I hope to do that soon. Until then, cheers.

That ZR2 is a beauty!  Congratulations! 

I recently sold a 2008 Canyon with a 4" lift, and I really miss it.  It was great in town, and off road. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

That ZR2 is a beauty!  Congratulations! 

I recently sold a 2008 Canyon with a 4" lift, and I really miss it.  It was great in town, and off road. 

14 minutes ago, lakamo said:

No worries. I bet you will love it! At the end of the day, only you can decide what is the best fit for you. Enjoy!

Thanks, both!