In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hello so I have a 2016 chevy traverse and the other day I was driving listening to the radio and I pushed the talk button on my steering wheel after doing so the radio shut off and the talk button didnt do anything but bring static through the speakers. now the radio wont turn on and everytime I push the talk button it just brings more static. My CD player, mps players and AM/FM channels do not work. Everytime I push the power button for the radio nothing happens if anyone has any ideas before I spend an arm and a leg to get it diagnosed I would greatly appreciate it.

I have had this exact problem. My backup camera works, and I can push the phone buttons but it does wired things.  Have you found an answer?  I have a Certified Warrantee, but I don’t know if it is covers until I pay nearly $200 for.  If under the warranted that is covered.

I dont want to pay $250 because of a fuse. 

Hello ,  did you ever get this fixed?.  Let me know as I may be a le to help

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 2017_LTZ
      All parts came off 2017 Silverado LTZ 4x4 with 15K miles. Located in Los Angeles. 
      Would prefer local pick-up but will ship if buyer pays for shipping.

Front strut assembly with 2.5 in Motofab leveling kit installed (Pair) - $150 obo

OE Rear Shocks (Pair) - $75 obo

OE Front Knuckles (Pair) - $75 obo

• By vacuman
      I started my Sierra yesterday and the dash screen is dark.  No radio, no bongbongbong when I open the door. No info about ventilation system, etc.
      Does anyone know the name and location of the fuse for this?  I hope that's all thats wrong.
    • By Bigchunk27
      I’ve not seen anyone talking about this as a possibility so I’m hoping I can find someone who would know. So I just recently purchased a 2020 Chevy Custom Trail Boss which I think was one of the better packages for the price, minus a few perks. Anyways, I’m curious to know if anyone has attempted to swap the 7” infotainment center out for the 8” infotainment center plus installing the Audio controls on the steer wheel. Can this be done and if so how difficult is this going to be?
    • By skyline2413
      *************Radio and HMI sold. Cluster was returned to vendor on eBay.*************
      Hey guys, If anyone is interested, I have a radio and 2.5 HMI I purchased from White Auto and Media Services (WAMS) on August 20th for my 2015.5 1500. It was programmed to my VIN, but in the short time since, my truck got hit and I am no longer in need of them. You would need to ship them to get reprogrammed, which is just $100. I’d like to get something for them. For both parts, $300 plus shipping (I’ll confirm what they charge me to ship them back to me). That’s half the price they charge for asking them to source both components for you. Send me a message or reply and we can work out the details. 

I definitely would trust WAMS for any radio/HMI and cluster upgrades. Their service is fantastic and turn around time is great. 

• By Keirsten Steele
      New to this site, I have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ I purchased and ordered the 2.5in front Motofab levelling kit. Wondering what size tire I can fit without any rubbing issues? Have 20in stock chev wheels on it right now, may upgrade to fuel wheels with 0mm offset 20x9. Can I run a 33x12.5x20 or will the width cause me to rub on stock wheels? Any help would be appreciated!