2017 DMAX HOOD INSTALLED ON 6.0

14 hours ago, avalonandl said:

I would try out a new battery.

And get that dumb hood and intake off of it.

I like the look of dmax hood & thought it would run better ,  it ran the same  what I stated with stock hood  , I guess i be  buying 2 optimas - shame on me  

On 11/25/2018 at 11:42 AM, garagerog said:

Quadrajunk, quadrajunk?  I love me some spread-bores! Well maybe I love the Edelbrock replacement 750 cfm much more than the original and a rebuilt OEM quadrajet  on my 71 Chevelle SS.

I am sorry I was not trying to offend anybody - 

3 hours ago, TOTAL1 said:

I like the look of dmax hood & thought it would run better ,  it ran the same  what I stated with stock hood  , I guess i be  buying 2 optimas - shame on me  

Actually I like the hood. But the intake air box is messing you up IMHO. I tried one out on an 8.1 and got codes constantly. Went back to stock all good.

The voltage issue, these engines have on demand charging but should ALWAYS be at 12.6 or higher when running. A Bad battery will miimic your issues.

• 1 month later...

When my alternator went bad (stuck fully engaged) it fried my batteries with it. Truck voltage was way high which I thought was odd, but didn’t catch in time. Eventually batteries couldn’t hold a charge, but truck would still run from alternator being at 100%.
When alternator craps out it’s best to get your batteries checked. Low voltage (in your case) is known to cause some pretty strange problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk