Intro: Finally got my new 2018 Suburban Premier 4x4, Pepperdust, Cocoa/Dune, Adaptive Cruise, 3.42 Gears

3 hours ago, seamus2154 said:

Really handsome truck. I had the same rims on my last Denali. The 3:42's are what make that truck. It's just too heavy for 3.08's. I couldn't find one down here with 3:42's. I went with the Denali XL which has the 8 speed/ 3.23's and it's pretty awesome. But it did cost more! The cocoa/dark atmosphere is one of the nicest color combos, really sets the truck off. Every time someone gets in my truck they comment how nice it is. Keep those rims sealed and waxed and don't let the salt sit in the crevice it will pit. Also when I changed out of BridgSTONES to Michelin Defenders...it transformed my truck. Great combo, best of luck

Thanks! And great suggestion on sealing the rims. I'll definitely do that. The wheels on the X5 I traded had some pitting issues, although the brakes on that vehicle had crazy amounts of dust. Best brakes ever, but geez! Haven't noticed much brake dust on the Suburban yet, but will definitely seal the rims. Any recommended sealer?

I own two German cars. Whole different animal as far as brakes. Lots of dust, it's corrosive, aggressive on the rotors....but they stop so much better. They have an aggressive pad compound, and it's all designed for performance and rotor replacement at the end. These GM brakes last forever. Thick pads, treated rotors, very low dust. Many have had the brakes last over 80K, saw one guy at 120K original brakes! When I get out of my M3 and get into the Yukon and drive away, I always think something is wrong with the brakes ! LOL Have to push just a little harder, but they work fine.

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-hydro2-paint-coating.html

https://www.autogeek.net/wheel-coating.html

I initially used the wheel coating and it work great. Everything beads off, doesn't really stick, makes cleaning easy. I own several cars and this Yukon XL is HUGE! Its also a daily mostly so upkeep needs to be easier. I cleaned, clayed, and polished then sealed the entire truck when new. Took days. Reapplying sealant on a daily this big was a job. So I degreased it and started using this Hydro2 which is pretty awesome for how easy it is. Now when the beading starts wearing away I just spray it on after a wash and rinse. Looks insane. But I also do the rims with it now. 

IMG_8942.JPG

IMG_8588.JPG

Edited by seamus2154
  • Like 1