Gorehamj

Updated - GM To Eliminate Some Car Models - Focus On EVs - Close Some Plants

What i don't understand is why they don't close the Mexico plant and move the truck production back to the U. S. and keep one of the plants open. 

• Like 2

On 26/11/2018 at 3:25 PM, rkj__ said:

I vote for killing Buick before Cadillac.  At least Cadillac has the Escalade. 

What does Buick have that would be missed?  They only have sedans, and redundant crossovers. 

At least Cadillac has rwd cars. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

What i don't understand is why they don't close the Mexico plant and move the truck production back to the U. S. and keep one of the plants open. 

Money, still cheaper to manufacture in Mexico. 

In other news however, it seems GM filed to change their name. No longer will GM stand for General Motors, its new short for Generally Mexican.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I pity the people buying these cars being screwed together after the closing announcement. You know absolutely No One is going to care about ''quality control''.

They don't now! I can only imagine how bad things will be after that announcement. Will keep me plenty busy, I predict ... :lol:

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

ITS CALLED CORPORATE GREED!

• Like 1

Impossible to discuss this without involving politics. This is the way the other side has engineered things.

Media is leftist dominated, as is academia. Everyone is being force-fed liberal talking points, especially the younger generation, and many are starting to believe it. Like Hitlers right-hand man said, "Tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth". Quite a few have been brainwashed into believing electric or hybrid is the only way for transportation, or we're all going to die tomorrow. That simply isn't true. To me, it seems smarter to use what we have - oil is cheap, oil is tried and true, and oil keeps the economy cranking. If you want a wind or solar powered car, by all means, you're free to spend 98% more than the rest of us on YOUR transportation ... but don't force the rest of us to! People aren't stupid. If you sell them small, cheap, poorly engineered cars,  they're not going to make that same mistake twice. Seems GM doubled-down on the past U.S. government cartel remaining in control. They gambled and LOST. Plants will close. I believe there was alot of backdoor dealing behind the scenes between our government and GM to force small, "economic" cars on the populace. Now that security blanket is no longer in place.
Puke. Fox news 100%.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^^^ :lol::lol::lol:

You leftists crack me up! I haven't watched Fox in 10 years.

7 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Money!!!

:)

• Like 1

Once them plants are shuttered next year we will be reading ....In order to keep up with demand of blah blah blah  GM announced major expansion plans for Mexico plant .

• Like 1

Well i for one can't get behind a company that values its Mexican and Chinese low wage workers over the ones that kept this company afloat during hard times. Barra and her group have failed the american public with absolute terrible automotive designs, terrible advertising and more importantly a product that is overpriced and simply not wanted! That is not Trump's fault, and it's laughable to see the hate trump filled msm lie yet again and try and now state this has to do with tariffs! Sorry it's easy to sniff this one out and clearly GM is back to being the GM that went broke, no more bailout this time GM you are on your own and this 30 year customer is about to leave your building for good!

Spend 10 billion in stock buybacks, then eliminate 15,000 american jobs a month before x-mas to save 5 billion!

Really Barra i mean this from the bottom of my heart GFY!

• Like 5

^^^ If I could like that comment 10x, I would. WELL SAID.

18 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

The Impala has basically  been around since 1958. 

No it hasn't. 

1958–1985 (1977-1985 it was essentially the same thing as the Caprice then the Caprice went on until 1996)

1994–1996  (Same thing as the Caprice just a different package)

2000–present.  

16 minutes ago, Colossus said:

No it hasn't. 

1958–1985 (1977-1985 it was essentially the same thing as the Caprice then the Caprice went on until 1996)

1994–1996  (Same thing as the Caprice just a different package)

2000–present.  

Exactly. Except the Impala went from 1958 to 1990.  And the  Caprice started out as uplevel trim on an Impala, same thing. 

3 hours ago, BIGDOGx said:

Well i for one can't get behind a company that values its Mexican and Chinese low wage workers over the ones that kept this company afloat during hard times. Barra and her group have failed the american public with absolute terrible automotive designs, terrible advertising and more importantly a product that is overpriced and simply not wanted! That is not Trump's fault, and it's laughable to see the hate trump filled msm lie yet again and try and now state this has to do with tariffs! Sorry it's easy to sniff this one out and clearly GM is back to being the GM that went broke, no more bailout this time GM you are on your own and this 30 year customer is about to leave your building for good!

Spend 10 billion in stock buybacks, then eliminate 15,000 american jobs a month before x-mas to save 5 billion!

Really Barra i mean this from the bottom of my heart GFY!

Well Said....Thank You

I am like you.. 25 years of buying GM (mostly chevy) products...I was raised on Chevys, my father and both grandfathers were chevy loyal ...My Sierra is the last GM product I will ever buy brand new... From the horrible designs to the shitty 8 speed in my truck and everywhere in between ...GM has really taken a step backwards in my opinion, and now this shit ....GM and Mary gets a big F-U from me

and.... dont forget Mary Barra total compensation was only 22 million last year too....hard times

Edited by ajensen383
  • Like 1