Costco's Annual Auto Sales Event Underway

Gorehamj

costco 2019.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
11-27-2018

Costco's annual GM Holiday promotion is now underway and runs through January 2, 2019. Available discounts include GM Supplier Pricing plus most currently available GM incentives, and a Costco Cash Card after purchasing or leasing an eligible model and completing a Costco Auto Program survey.

Model year 2019 vehicles – Costco members who purchase or lease new 2019 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac models receive:
● GM Supplier Pricing
● A Costco Cash Card after completing a Costco Auto Program survey:
o $700 for Executive Members
o $300 for Gold Star and Business Members
● Plus, this limited-time special can be combined with compatible GM incentives for which the
member qualifies

Model year 2018 vehicles – Costco members who purchase or lease new 2018 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac models receive an exclusive $500 Costco Member-Only Incentive that can be combined with compatible GM incentives for which the member qualifies. 

“For the last several years of the Holiday Sales Event, Costco Auto Program worked with General Motors to deliver special pricing for Costco members,” said Mark DerGarabedian, Costco services director. “This latest event is no exception. We are excited at the opportunity this brings for Costco members.”

For more details, visit Costco's promotion page.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 14tungstenLT said:

anyone ever do this?  The discounting doesn't seem crazy on their website.  Is this on top of or in lieu of other discounting and incentives? 

I used COSTCO for my Daughter's Honda.   We got the car for a reasonable price and it was hassle free, which is what she wanted.  Any other Manufacture incentives would be available in reducing the COSTO's pre-negotiated price.  However, if you have time to shop around and haggle on price you can probably do a little better than COSTO, especially if a Trade-in is part of the negotiation.

35 minutes ago, DougFL said:

I used COSTCO for my Daughter's Honda.   We got the car for a reasonable price and it was hassle free, which is what she wanted.  Any other Manufacture incentives would be available in reducing the COSTO's pre-negotiated price.  However, if you have time to shop around and haggle on price you can probably do a little better than COSTO, especially if a Trade-in is part of the negotiation.

Indeed. They are just another buying service. You can do better on your own if so inclined.

10 hours ago, 14tungstenLT said:

anyone ever do this?  The discounting doesn't seem crazy on their website.  Is this on top of or in lieu of other discounting and incentives? 

FYI - you don't have to go thru Costco to to use the promotion.

I didn't know about the promotion when I bought my truck but the dealer did. They took my card and entered the info for me.

The next day I received and email with the authorization number and a link to the survey. 4 weeks later I received the cash card.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:07 AM, outrag1 said:

I did look into this a few weeks back.  If you are not a Costco member, you would have had to become one by Oct 1st, 2018 to be eligible for the promotion. 

There maybe away around membership by Oct1. Today I called Costco Automotive section and explained my new 18 GMC Serria is on the way to dealership. Told them I heard about this promotion and could I join today and get discount. I was told needed to be member by Oct 1 . Then they asked are any of my relatives are members ? I told her I would have to check. She said if one is to call her back with membership number. Found out my two sister in laws are members so I'm calling her back tomorrow. Also called dealer to make sure I can use with GMS pricing. I will update how things work out. Dave

Edited by Borntorun

10 minutes ago, Borntorun said:

There maybe away around membership by Oct1. Today I called Costco Automotive section and explained my new 18 GMC Serria is on the way to dealership. Told them I heard about this promotion and could I join today and get discount. I was told needed to be member by Oct 1 . Then they asked in any relatives are members ? I told her I would have to check. She said if one is to call her back with membership number. Found out my two sister in laws are members are so I'm calling her back tomorrow. Also called dealer to make sure I can use with GMS pricing. I will update how things work out. Dave

Appreciate your input.  Christ if I knew about the Costco thing I would have joined ahead of time just for the membership fee.  I haven't been a member for several years but would have joined again had I known this.  It was only $50 or so last time I was a member. 

21 minutes ago, outrag1 said:

Appreciate your input.  Christ if I knew about the Costco thing I would have joined ahead of time just for the membership fee.  I haven't been a member for several years but would have joined again had I known this.  It was only $50 or so last time I was a member. 

I think is around 60 - 65 dollars , Still well worth the dollars and time.  Before Costco asked about relatives she did ask if I was ever a member. I wasn't . There most likely a grand fathers clause were you might qualify . I was never a member so I didn't question any further. I also didn't know anything about this promotion until reading here on this forum. Thankyou to Gorehamj for posting !

Edited by Borntorun
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Borntorun said:

I think is around 60 - 65 dollars , Still well worth the dollars and time.  Before Costco asked about relatives she did ask if I was ever a member. I wasn't . There most likely a grand fathers clause were you might qualify . I was never a member so I didn't question any further. I also didn't know anything about this promotion until reading here on this forum. Thankyou to Gorehamj for posting !

Let me check out that Grandfather clause...thanks again my friend!

Update I was able to use my sister in laws Costco membership number to get 500.00  discount on my 18 GMC Serria Crew Cab purchase. Costco took my info and the membership number and gave me a authorization number and pin number to give to dealership.

Edited by Borntorun

8 minutes ago, Borntorun said:

Update I was able to use my sister in laws Costco membership number to get 500.00  discount on my 18 GMC Serria Crew Cab purchase. Costco took my info and the membership number and gave me a authorization number and pin number to give to dealership.

I called Costco Auto today too after what you mentioned last night.  I have a membership # a couple years out of date but will qualify if I renew.  I signed up for promotion and received the certificate with authorization and pin for dealer.  I haven't even renewed yet, so don't know if they will catch that, but it's only $60, so I likely will anyway.  My guess is the certificate I have right now will pass at the dealer for the extra $500 off an 18.

Thanks

Edited by outrag1

I did this when I bought my 2017. After I got the price from the dealer that participated in the Costco auto program, I called other dealers and see if they could beat it and none could. Was surprised at that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk