In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
sp0di

2019 1500 (not-limited) Cold Air Intake availability?

Airaid MIT is the only "intake" worth getting. Its just a tube that deletes the silencer. Combine with a K&N drop in and you are good to go. Dyno proven to be the best gain, if you really think you are going to feel 5hp then you are winning and if you think an intake will get you more power than that then you are super winning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roddy8 said:

Airaid MIT is the only "intake" worth getting. Its just a tube that deletes the silencer. Combine with a K&N drop in and you are good to go. Dyno proven to be the best gain, if you really think you are going to feel 5hp then you are winning and if you think an intake will get you more power than that then you are super winning. 

Is it offered yet? for the '19 5.3 ?

Is it offered yet? for the '19 5.3 ?
Not for the '19 6.2, so I doubt it for the 5.3...

All they show in their site, is the replacement filter.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, KA0S said:

Not for the '19 6.2, so I doubt it for the 5.3...

All they show in their site, is the replacement filter.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Yeah I just checked, only a replacement filter and a TB spacer - nothing else.

I liked the sound the MIT gave my '16. unnoticeable until 50-100% throttle. I'll be holding out for one

• Like 1

Yeah I just checked, only a replacement filter and a TB spacer - nothing else.

I liked the sound the MIT gave my '16. unnoticeable until 50-100% throttle. I'll be holding out for one
I liked it on my '16 also just sucks it not available yet. Isn't the GM CAI a dry filter? That's the only thing I was thinking would be nice/little easier.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, tallspawn said:

I liked it on my '16 also just sucks it not available yet. Isn't the GM CAI a dry filter? That's the only thing I was thinking would be nice/little easier.

But the MIT doesn’t change your stock filter?

much rather stay with a $15 filter and change it more frequently than anything that cost $40+

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 1:36 PM, tallspawn said:

I found out today they pulled it because they're having emissions issues. emoji849.png Guess I'll be waiting a while...

Emissions issues? Seems very petty on these already eco friendly EcoTech engines!

How is this for Emissions Issues????

Untitled-1.png

Emissions issues? Seems very petty on these already eco friendly EcoTech engines!

How is this for Emissions Issues????

Untitled-1.thumb.png.00036ded7216977b5f8c76e9115fcb08.png
Exactly!! Man I hate getting stuck behind them...they love getting on those things to make the smoke billow out! I was out working in my yard one day and a modified diesel came by, right when he got to me he goosed it to cover me with smoke...I don't get it.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:29 PM, AJMBLAZER said:

Throttle body spacers literally do nothing on vehicles with fuel injectors at the cylinders. Been worthless since the mid 90’s. 

The spacers you are referring to were designed to induce swirl improving air/fuel mixture and atomization for better throttle response, however as you said they did little to nothing except make your wallet a little lighter. The spacers available for GEN 3, 4 and 5 are designed to add intake plenum volume for better throttle response, however the tiny increase in volume they provide would likely yield similar results to the old style mentioned above. Adding plenum volume to increase flow is a proven concept in both air and fluid applications however in the auto industry any positive results are typically over exaggerated and over marketed.   

Anyone use the airaid jr 201-782, it's just a new high flow tube and a oil less filter that goes in th stock air box.  I ordered it from summit and will have it tom afternoon.

What is the gm reprogram for the cai..?  I wonder can I use it for this.

Edited by Flatblack83

Anyone that had the reflash done, after buying from shop chevy, and had dealer tey to charge you

32 minutes ago, Jhall124jr said:

Anyone that had the reflash done, after buying from shop chevy, and had dealer tey to charge you

Yes, I was charged and new something wasn’t right. Went to the parts desk, had them print up the installation instructions. And right there, on page 2 it stated the recalibration was included in the price of the kit. They spent a good 20mins trying to figure out how to charge it in their system though as gm is not making it easy for these guys at the delearship

49 minutes ago, Memphis87 said:

Yes, I was charged and new something wasn’t right. Went to the parts desk, had them print up the installation instructions. And right there, on page 2 it stated the recalibration was included in the price of the kit. They spent a good 20mins trying to figure out how to charge it in their system though as gm is not making it easy for these guys at the delearship

Yea I argued with them for 30 mins before they waved it, just got off the phone with gm performance about it. I never recieved install instructions, so did not see that until the told me. So will get that page and have another chat with all of them.

50 minutes ago, Memphis87 said:

When you receive the kit, it has a code in with the paper work that you take to the dealer and they use that code to apply the charge for updating the computer.  Easy peezy!

Just now, Jhall124jr said:

Yea I argued with them for 30 mins before they waved it, just got off the phone with gm performance about it. I never recieved install instructions, so did not see that until the told me. So will get that page and have another chat with all of them.

Yes, gm performance stopped including instructions On all there products, because I think they feel that will cause more people to have it installed at the dealership instead of doing it yourself.