Tried taking off the factory mud flaps and found this....

ChaseM

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on what these plugs look like? Would love to see some pics. I'm probably going to take the front OEM flaps off my trailboss and put on larger standard style mud flaps (not molded)

Is there a plastic trim piece I could get from the dealer that would cover the hole behind the front mud flap? 

Anyone have a US source for the plugs? I don't care if they're not painted 

Edited by Donnyb313

Goodness, when I first saw the picture, I was absolutely mortified at the unpainted steel then realized it was the reflection and you were referring to the holes.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:05 PM, Donnyb313 said:

Any updates on what these plugs look like? Would love to see some pics. I'm probably going to take the front OEM flaps off my trailboss and put on larger standard style mud flaps (not molded)

Is there a plastic trim piece I could get from the dealer that would cover the hole behind the front mud flap? 

Anyone have a US source for the plugs? I don't care if they're not painted 

Here you go!  From the US:  https://www.sharptruck.com/gatorback-color-match-summit-white-replacement-plugs-10-pack

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, sunarf said:

I just got my 2020 Silverado. I'm also looking to remove the mud flaps and install the plugs. I assume that I will need four (4) plugs?

Thanks.

Yes.  Follow my link posted right above.  They work perfectly.

OEMs are stone guards not mud flaps. If you remove them and do not replace with mud flaps, you'll soon find out why they are called stone guards; and, the damaged caused to the paint by kicked up stones will take your mind off the hole.

I can see using the plug for the exposed hole if also adding flat rubber flaps, but the wrap around molded ones make adding a plug unnecessary, provides added firmness and prevents water and abrasive road grit from getting behind the flap where it can sit and with flap movement being blasted with rocks, stones, ice chunks eventually grind away the paint and rust out the area underneath.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 5:29 PM, Sotally Tober said:

Just a push plug.  Super easy.

sorry to resurrect a dead thread. just got a 21 silverado.  how did these plugs hold up long term?  i see the sharp truck ones say they don't work on the back, and another thread said they were too short for the back.  Wondering if they fell out over time or anything wonky.   thanks!