In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
ESMD

Speed Turtle Easy Flash Module 3.0 (for 2017+ Trucks)

It appears the updated module (version 3.0) has come out for the 2017 and up trucks.  I was wondering if anyone has installed this updated one in their truck and what do you think?  There appears to be a huge difference between the 2.0 and 3.0 versions in how they connect to the truck.  The 2.0 being a direct plug-in to the OBD-II connector, the 3.0 being an in-line connection with three harnesses of the BCM.  What worries me is that direct connection to the BCM - and the warning in the Speed Turtle instruction manual, "The use of the EFM 3.0 may shorten the life of the vehicle’s light bulbs, headlight assemblies, and electronic modules."  I don't mind with playing around with most things on the truck, but I've always tread lightly around the BCM.  Not exactly an inexpensive part to mess around with!

So I guess the big question is, could the 3.0 module really cause damage to the BCM, connected up they way it's described?

I just installed this in my truck last friday...working great so far(only used it like 5 times since then). I think it'll have much better results than the OBD version did...I had that one in my colorado and never had any issues but heard of some horror stories.

What is this

I have the 2.0. Last winter while plowing, one of my headlights went out due to a problem with the wiring harness. I don't know if the Speed Turtle caused it or not. I have yet to get it repaired. The truck headlights work as normal without the plow wiring harness connected, so its something in my Western plow wiring. I am cautious about abusing the electrical systems. I'm following to see if others have had issues.

33 minutes ago, Nasty said:

What is this

This module allows you to turn the vehicle lights into strobes. You can choose which ones to flash, such as turn signals, reverse lights, fogs, etc.

i just installed the turtle 3.0 2 days ago.. on a 19 gmc 2500..i don’t use it everyday just acouple times a month.. wondering if anyone else has one and had any issues with it..... i have not yet... thanks

I would assume shorten the life of electronics is speaking about any relays it causes to click on and off over and over. 

• Thanks 1

Installed mine about a year ago. Use it occasionally. Works fine for me. 

John 

• Thanks 1