In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I opened up a lemon law case and the lawyer said this is actually what they’re gonna use for my case. Because the screen goes blue and reverse camera goes out. Also, the amount of updates/repair attempts. Mind you, I have many other issues they’re tagging on as well as the amount of days out for repair. I’m in ny for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

I opened up a lemon law case and the lawyer said this is actually what they’re gonna use for my case. Because the screen goes blue and reverse camera goes out. Also, the amount of updates/repair attempts. Mind you, I have many other issues they’re tagging on as well as the amount of days out for repair. I’m in ny for reference

Hope it works out. It's a pain, but better than being stuck with a defective vehicle. 

I have been having this problem with my brand new 2019 Silverado 1500 Work Truck.  Less than 3 weeks old and under 500 miles and the screen has blacked out 3-4 times.  Just randomly dies, then comes back up a few minutes later.   Sounds like no one has a fix based on reading people’s posts here.  Pretty disappointing. 

I have a 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 with 2800 miles on it and a Fisher plow installed through the dealership. I'm in the middle of plowing today and just from tapping the plow up/down button on remote, the radio touch screen has gone blank for a few seconds on multiple occasions then come back on. The most recent time it happened the check engine light came on and displayed messages "Engine Power Reduced" and "Service ESC"... I plugged my scanner into the truck and it brings up 3 diagnostic codes: P228C, P25A2, and P0563. There are only 2800 miles on this truck and now I'm slightly alarmed because the loan/financial officer pressed really hard to upsell me on the extended warranty plan; specifically stating that if anything went wrong on the electronics system I would not be able to service it myself. I was thinking to myself that he was just working on commission, but here we are already. I really needed a reliable truck this winter as I'm expecting my 2nd child to be born in early February and run two small businesses that I have to keep plowed out. Hope this truck isn't a lemon!

Edited by RyanEd
typo

Posted (edited)

I bought a new 2019 sierra wt for reliability,i use my truck every day for pickups and deliverys for my small business.I fear i have made a big mistake. 2 trips to dealer in 4000 km.Infotainment issues like everyone else ,4 wheel drive indicator not working when cold,2 recalls.Dealer has been good but no repair for radio.I am very discouraged.I have had gm trucks since 1978 but it is time to change.

Edited by peterg

I have a 2019 Silverado Custom with many of the same issues that I see on here. The backup camera flickers, the radio screen goes black sometimes the radio will still play and sometimes not, The indicator light that tells you if you are in two wheel or four wheel drive works intermittently. The service trailer brake light comes on from time to time and i have never hooked up a trailer to the truck, I have had the steering system fail and give all kinds of messages. The truck only has 4000 miles on it. The dealer cant seem to find the issues since it isn't doing it when it is in their shop. Has anyone got any of these issues fixed at their shop? 

Hi guys, this is my first time on the forum. How do i find a topic for best tire for my 2018 chevy silverado. I have stock 17 on it now and would like to get that beefier lock without changing rims

I have Chevy Silverado 1500/2019 and my brake asst lits is on with traction control lite will not go into 4wheel drive emergency brake comes on in park have to put it in drive and press button to deactivate it once in drive and its winter .doe any one have this problem.HELP

On 1/2/2020 at 5:34 AM, chevyboy282 said:

Hi guys, this is my first time on the forum. How do i find a topic for best tire for my 2018 chevy silverado. I have stock 17 on it now and would like to get that beefier lock without changing rims

Go to the "forums" drop down menu and select "2014-2018 Siverado"   You are in the 2019 Forum

I have a 2019 trail boss. Second time I’ve taken my truck to be “fixed” for the same black screen no sound and every other variation of problems. All I seem to hear is, “ we can’t duplicate the problem”  mechanic even drove my truck home. Hell, is he gonna fix it in his drive way if it goes out? I don’t think the dealerships and mechanics are keeping up with the technology of manufacture.

Has there been a fix for this issue? I got a brand new 2019 on Thursday and the radio went out today (sunday). What the ****. Spend 50,000 on a truck and the radio goes out, come on Chevy. 

My 2020 just this morning the infotainment center is black. Restarting the truck didn't fix it. OnStar isn't working either. Has a red light next to it. Pushing the OnStar button does nothing. I'm going to go by the dealer now. I've only had the truck for two weeks.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:26 PM, Thejet07 said:

Well.. if your lawyer wants others who'd like to join your lemon law case as a class action... let us all know

I’m in ny. My lawyer handles the tri state I believe. Here’s their info. If anyone is serious about contacting them let me know.

Kimmel & Silverman, PC
30 East Butler Pike
Ambler, PA 19002-4514
http://www.lemonlaw.com
Toll Free: 1-800-LEMON-LAW
Voice: 1-215-540-8888 ext. 102
Fax: 1-215-540-8817

On 2/2/2020 at 9:47 AM, Thejet07 said:

I’m in ny. My lawyer handles the tri state I believe. Here’s their info. If anyone is serious about contacting them let me know.

Kimmel & Silverman, PC
30 East Butler Pike
Ambler, PA 19002-4514
http://www.lemonlaw.com
Toll Free: 1-800-LEMON-LAW
Voice: 1-215-540-8888 ext. 102
Fax: 1-215-540-8817

I'm going to try one more time and then I will reach out to your lawyer. I don't have the time to keep going to dealership for guesses on the fix nor do I care to drive it anywhere hoping it works as it should. My daughter just got her license and I will not let her drive alone because of the back up camera and screen not working for gps.