Anyone install fog lights in the black fillers to the sides of the trans cooler?

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500 HD LT, it did not come with factory fogs or inserts in the front bumper for them. Hate the lack of light the headlights put out, so was thinking about adding a set of fog/driving lights in those black plastic inserts to each side of the transmission cooler. Has anyone done this? Would love to see and hear how you went about it.

thanks!

I did about 3 years ago. Might have been one of the first ones to do it. I cut mine in the center of the plastic filler. The bumper is behind the filler so you have to cut that out too. There isn’t enough room to use bolts and nuts, so I used 1/4” mono rivets to install mine. The reason there isn’t enough room is because the filler pieces have clips that snap them into place and you would be getting into those clips trying to bolt them in. I have some pictures I could email or text if that helps. They were linked to photobucket before it went to hell. Took about 4 hours to do, taking my time. I used a cut off wheel on a die grinder and an air saw to make the cuts. 

• 1 month later...

In the process of having a pair of Vision X flush mount Solstice Solo's installed in the filler space and hopefully a pair of recessed Vision X Optimus Halo's as well. The Solo's should mount easily but the Halo's are going to be a challenge. I made a pair of shims out of black marine Starboard so the flush mount lights would be square with the road. If mounted flush on the filler piece alone the lights would angle to either side because of the bumper angle (this is probably OK if you are running fogs or corner lights). Install still a couple weeks out but will post some pics when finished. Someone posted pics on this forum somewhere of Rigid Dually's flush mounted in the filler space and seemed to be happy with the performance.

• 5 weeks later...