Motor Trend Names Ram 1500 Truck Of The Year For 2019

Gorehamj

16 hours ago, Jsdirt said:

I don't think there's a vehicle manufactured in the 21st Century that DOESN'T have QC issues. Things get missed by the manufacturers, AND the dealers quite often these days. 

Right off the showroom floor - 40 MILES on the clock - my '07 Silverado lost half it's right side door trim, and had brakes that pulsated like a 300k beater. My brother's '16 Ram has had rusty bumpers, leaking differential seals, leaking struts, and an e-brake that was so far out of adjustment, the cable was hanging below the frame rail! I noticed all this on MY lift  - the day prior it was in for warranty work, and a "35-point inspection".

I guess all 35 points were on someone else's vehicle ... 

When I was working in a Firestone repair centre back in the 80s they brought out a new advertising package for all the stores in the GTA.  There was one that was for a lube, oil, and filter, plus something like a 30 point inspection. I asked our district manager for a list of the 30 points that I was supposed to be inspecting. He just looked at me like I must have been kidding and walked away.  I still don't know what those 30 points were.  I could figure out the obvious parts, but they did not add up to anywhere  near 30. 

• Like 1