2019 6.2L MPG

aha1987

Trail grapplers are one of the heaviest tires you can buy. Your 275/65/20 is a 68 lb tire. Your OEM takeoffs were probably in the range of 44 lbs. Adding 24 lbs in unsprung weight per corner is crippling. I'm honestly surprised you're even getting 17 mpg with those tires. I would have guessed 14ish.

5 hours ago, Aycock1987 said:

I have a new 2019 Silverado with the 10 speed 6.2L. I have about 1300 miles on it. The average mpg that I have been able to get is 16 mpg. I feel like this is low. Not to mention I have been babying it. FYI, I did put some bigger tires ( 275/65/20 which is a 34 inch) and a level on it but I wouldn’t think it would make that big of a difference. I had the same setup on my 2017 6.2L and I feel like I got better MPG.

Can others tell tell me what they are getting in their 6.2L?

I agree completely.  I am 5,000mi in on my 6.2L LTZ and best I've seen is an average around 16 - 16.5 avg mpg.  I would say normal driving habits, no lead foot.  My '16 6.2L was around 18mpg or so.  Both vehicles equipped with max tow pkg, identical drivetrains.  The only difference currently is my '19 does not have a tonneau cover installed yet.. that will be next week.  Not sure if that will do it or not, but for now, I feel my '16 got better gas mileage.

1 hour ago, gothp28 said:

It looks great was there any rubbing or anything like that? That is the tire I'm looking at as well. I'm putting it on a at4.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It has rubbed a time or so but it doesn’t in normal driving conditions 

9 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Do ever thing possible to lower your mileage. Then act surprised. Why? Why are you surprised and disappointed? 

I am surprised because I had a 2017 Silverado with the 6.2L and same setup and it got better MPG than my 2019.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2019 6.2L GMS Sierra Denali with 1500 miles on it... so far I am averaging 18.3 mpg.  I have the same wheels and tires the truck came with.  I have also done quite a few 0-60 and 0-100 test, so I am not babying it. 

IMG_1088.JPG

Edited by kmisak

I've been getting 18-21 highway. Big difference 65 mph vs 75 mph.

Pic is after towing a 4k lb. trailer through KY, TN, AL and back doing the legal speed limit(not exactly flat).

100% stock 6.2 10 speed. 

20191020_173239.jpg

Edited by OHDenali