Cant complain about gas mileage

On 12/4/2018 at 8:42 PM, dsm1995gst said:

Now I’m wondering why I’m getting 14mpg around town in a brand new 2018 5.3 and I drive slow as hell lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get about 13.5 - 14.5 around town.  I drive slow as hell most of the time but when you get next to a newer camaro, mustang, 3 series BMW it sure is fun to put it in 4hi, turn off the traction control and leave 'em at the light!  At the next light they are looking at you like "what in the hell just happened".  It's great!

• Like 1

I have an '18 Double Cab, 6.2L, factory 20" wheels.  I'm driving well over 100+ miles/day for commute and work.  I've had 5.3's in the past and ave just slightly under 19.0 mpg annually, but my salesman said guys were getting 24-25 mpg w/the 6.2, so I bit.  Had the truck since July, and now have 16K miles on it.  The best mpg I ever got was 24.5 - 25.0, but there's a catch.  The built-in mpg on the screen in the dash is not even close to actual.  With all the miles I put on, I fill up 2x/week, sometimes more, and always check the mileage manually.  It's consistently -2.0 mpg from what the truck calculates, so it's more like 22.0 - 22.5 on ave.  Living in WI, it's obviously colder, and naturally, the mileage has gone down.  I'm lucky to get 19.0.  BTW, I've burned nothing but premium fuel.  I love the 6.2L, but I'm still spending a little more in gas.  Not sure if it justifies having that extra power for my needs and only an extra 1.0 - 1.5 mpg improvement.  I'm a little disappointed because of what my salesman told me originally.

i get about 9mpg around town in my 6.2. Dense surburban traffic and I have a heavy right foot.

If I set the cruise on 65mph during the summer I will get 25+ mpg every time. I go from philly to jersey shore often and both directions regardless of conditions will always get me 25 or higher, so the road is flat.

Winter best I can manage is like 22-23mpg

Edited by truckguy82

20 minutes ago, tommygun715 said:

I have an '18 Double Cab, 6.2L, factory 20" wheels.  I'm driving well over 100+ miles/day for commute and work.  I've had 5.3's in the past and ave just slightly under 19.0 mpg annually, but my salesman said guys were getting 24-25 mpg w/the 6.2, so I bit.  Had the truck since July, and now have 16K miles on it.  The best mpg I ever got was 24.5 - 25.0, but there's a catch.  The built-in mpg on the screen in the dash is not even close to actual.  With all the miles I put on, I fill up 2x/week, sometimes more, and always check the mileage manually.  It's consistently -2.0 mpg from what the truck calculates, so it's more like 22.0 - 22.5 on ave.  Living in WI, it's obviously colder, and naturally, the mileage has gone down.  I'm lucky to get 19.0.  BTW, I've burned nothing but premium fuel.  I love the 6.2L, but I'm still spending a little more in gas.  Not sure if it justifies having that extra power for my needs and only an extra 1.0 - 1.5 mpg improvement.  I'm a little disappointed because of what my salesman told me originally.

Yeah but no other truck is getting this good of mpg so you had no alternative.

• Thanks 1

Got my best mileage last week on a trip to carolina over 30mpg for a good stretch. 6.2l denali with about 500lbs in the bed.
24mpg going through the mountains of Pennsylvania and west Virginia 3140ae3aef3e1cea6b3e4c48d914c6b5.jpgae1b9dbc51976e689305416ce1e331d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How are you getting to these screens you posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 5.3 doesn't do that well. I get 20 on the highway, maybe 11 in town. Cold weather has en effect of course, running time, and lots of 4 wheel, although I am setting it to 2 WD unless there's snow on the road. 

• Like 1

I don't get good mileage anywhere. I've been running E85 for about a year and a half now. No complaints because I don't go very far all that often, and I'm retired, so to me it really doesn't matter much at all.:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glcbn said:

I don't get good mileage anywhere. I've been running E85 for about a year and a half now. No complaints because I don't go very far all that often, and I'm retired, so to me it really doesn't matter much at all.:)

E85 is not a gas saver by any means.... but the seat of the pants feel is well worth it! :thumbs:

I run it exclusively except in the winter months.

• Like 1