I have a stock height 2016 Silverado Z71... I went with the newer model Cooper AT3 XLT at 265/70 R18. They are E rated, 60,000 mile tire. These tires are surprisingly quiet and very responsive. A LOT better than my stock tires in every way. I had Bridgestone Duellers from the factory.

0eba013d7dcbf999244f302becd0518b.jpg

0fc9c3e09734f0c0dc87b0c2d26d1d0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2017 Sierra SLT with the 8-speed transmission running the Nitto Ridge Grappler 305/55/20 and the rough country 2-inch leveling kit. I drive about 30 miles to work (all freeway) and get 17-19 mpg driving around 65-75 mph. I hear a slight wine at highway speed but cannot hear it at all with talk radio playing. Love them so far! 

Anyone have any good luck with the Toto r/t? I hear mixed reviews. Once I burn down my stock tires I want something with an aggressive side wall and I’m just wondering if I should just suck it up and get the Toto m/t. 

1 hour ago, JesseSPI said:

Anyone have any good luck with the Toto r/t? I hear mixed reviews. Once I burn down my stock tires I want something with an aggressive side wall and I’m just wondering if I should just suck it up and get the Toto m/t. 

I run the Toyo RT 285/60/20 on my leveled 2018 LTZ, I have less then 3K on them but I also ran a set of them for my Winter tire set up on my 2013. I prefer the looks of the tread pattern over the Nitto Ridge Grappler and I would think they would have the same life expectancy.

Personally my favorite tire looks wise was the Toyo MT that I ran as my summer set up on my last truck. Just decided to not go quite as aggressive on the new truck.

1 hour ago, SSchup said:

I run the Toyo RT 285/60/20 on my leveled 2018 LTZ, I have less then 3K on them but I also ran a set of them for my Winter tire set up on my 2013. I prefer the looks of the tread pattern over the Nitto Ridge Grappler and I would think they would have the same life expectancy.

Personally my favorite tire looks wise was the Toyo MT that I ran as my summer set up on my last truck. Just decided to not go quite as aggressive on the new truck.

Thanks for the feedback I think I’m leaning towards the m/t now. 

1 hour ago, JesseSPI said:

Thanks for the feedback I think I’m leaning towards the m/t now. 

I love the looks of the MT's, I may switch back to them this Summer. And to be honest I really can't tell much difference in road noise between RT and MT.

Pic of my 2013 with the Toyo MT's.

SCH_4706.jpg

5 minutes ago, SSchup said:

I love the looks of the MT's, I may switch back to them this Summer. And to be honest I really can't tell much difference in road noise between RT and MT.

Pic of my 2013 with the Toyo MT's.

SCH_4706.jpg

Nice setup!

3 hours ago, SSchup said:

I run the Toyo RT 285/60/20 on my leveled 2018 LTZ, I have less then 3K on them but I also ran a set of them for my Winter tire set up on my 2013.

How'd they do in the winter? I've had a set for about 10k miles but run actual toyo winter tires in the winter. Thought about just running the RTs all year next year

8 hours ago, xax said:

How'd they do in the winter? I've had a set for about 10k miles but run actual toyo winter tires in the winter. Thought about just running the RTs all year next year

They did just fine for me last Winter. This Winter though we haven't really seen any snow to speak of. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Irby1757
      I searched for a thread that would provide some feedback on this, but did not find any actual comparison between the two tires. With that said, I would like to hear from those that have owned both of these tires and get their feedback. Could you tell a difference in ride quality? Did the R/T handle better? Did it wear down slower? Did your highway MPG improve? 

Once I lifted my truck, I put on 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T tires, and in all honesty I really have no complaints. With that said, if the R/T is a more functional daily driver tire then I see no reason to not switch if the benefits are there. 

Appreciate any and all feedback. 
    • By USC2447
      Looking for some tire recommendations for my 2018 Z71 Silverado 4x4. I currently have a Moro fab lift (3” in the front and 2” in the rear) and am looking to run 33’s. Anyone running 275/70r18’s or 285/70/r18’s or 285/75/r18’s? Drop pictures and recommendations if you have them. Looking to keep my stick 18” rims. 

• By KMK454
      A flat Good Year Wrangler SR-A set the tire shopping in motion, and a 10% off sale on Nittos convinced me to try the 35x11.50r20 Ridge Grapplers. 

My goal was to get as much tire as possible without having to adjust the suspension so as to retain the stock ride, keep costs down, and achieve the aesthetic I like for modern 4x4 trucks. I was prepared to crank the front keys a few turns for up to 1" of leveling, but my preference was to avoid this if possible.

Ridge grapplers have two sidewall designs on the tire; one side reminded me of Transformers, so I went with the more subdued sidewall. This doesn't impact fitment.

After about 20 miles of driving and some parking lot testing turning the steering back and forth, the tires fit fine with only a few close spots throughout the range of motion. I've seen people report frame rub at full lock with these sizes; it hasn't happened to my truck yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it rubs mildly while turning sharply over rough terrain. 

Rear clearance is fine. 

A few tips:
      Check the actual dimensions of the tire you're choosing. The Nittos are 35s, but the actual diameter is about 34.7". Each manufacturer is a little different, and most list the true dimensions on their websites. The same applies to metric sizes - a BFG may be narrower than a Toyo. Looking at my truck, 35x12.50r20 would have fit too, but would probably rub on the wheel wells while going over bumps during a turn. The 11.50s provide just enough extra room that my truck has yet to rub, though my mileage count is low (20 miles since install) so I'll update this thread as I add miles. Expect to lose fuel economy. No data yet, but I anticipate a 1-2 MPG drop.  Aftermarket wheels change everything. The popular offset or "poking" look makes it harder to stuff big tires without a lift. If you're changing wheels and tires, disregard this thread.  
      What's next?

Fresh oil, a detail, and maybe a front window tint. I'd like a Corsa, but they're $$$. 

Please excuse the dirty truck:

• By Cjc16
      I like the fact that my 6.2 has lots of power and actually does get good gas mileage. I can run 65/70 and easily get 23-25mpg. I’m about to upgrade tires and looking for recommendations.  I know I’ll lose some mpg and possibly low end power, but I don’t want to turn my beast of a truck into a turd. 

I currently have stock 275/55r20 (31.9x10.8) on stock “snowflake” rims with Bilstein 2” strut/shock upgrade. 

3 tire sizes I’m interested in:  
      275/60r20 (33x10.8)
      285/55r20 (32.3x11.2)
      295/55r20 (32.8x11.6)

If I had my way, I’d throw a 305/55r20 on there but I know I’d kill my power. I know this because I have 295/55r18 on my Ford and I ended up doing a gear swap from .373 to .456 to bet my power back. 

I’m in the real estate business. I buy and sell farm and recreational land so I put lots of hwy miles on this GMC yet still need a tire to get me in and out of places on the farm and pull a tractor when I need to. I have trucks to mudbogg in, looking for practicality here. 

Really hoping to to hear from guys with 6.2s.

Thanks in advance. 

• By jogutier
      Selling some tps out of my 2015 Silverado.

$60 shipped within the 48 states.