Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Cjc

2019 Trail boss dead on ice

Recommended Posts

Did you see at the Red Wing game a2019 Trail boss conk out on the ice,the zamboni had pull it off the ice.What a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Had to turn off the truck so it wouldn't melt the ice. 2) Once turned off, driver accidentally accepted an over-the-air software update. 3) Once update has been accepted, truck will not start until complete. 

 

Not a joke, it's the way it works and clearly states that when you accept the update that the truck can't be restarted until update is complete. Beats the hell out of downloading files to a USB stick and updating them or having to take it to a dealer for an update. This was nothing more than driver error - should have never accepted the update.

Edited by GeneJock
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneJock said:

1) Had to turn off the truck so it wouldn't melt the ice. 2) Once turned off, driver accidentally accepted an over-the-air software update. 3) Once update has been accepted, truck will not start until complete. 

 

Not a joke, it's the way it works and clearly states that when you accept the update that the truck can't be restarted until update is complete. Beats the hell out of downloading files to a USB stick and updating them or having to take it to a dealer for an update. This was nothing more than driver error - should have never accepted the update.

So you are saying if GM can mess up and accidentally brick a new vehicle we as consumers should know better and not brick our new vehicle ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneJock said:

1) Had to turn off the truck so it wouldn't melt the ice. 2) Once turned off, driver accidentally accepted an over-the-air software update. 3) Once update has been accepted, truck will not start until complete. 

 

Not a joke, it's the way it works and clearly states that when you accept the update that the truck can't be restarted until update is complete. Beats the hell out of downloading files to a USB stick and updating them or having to take it to a dealer for an update. This was nothing more than driver error - should have never accepted the update.

Yep, I hated having to download updates to usb for my Ram. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'm saying is that in VERY large print on the screen it says that the vehicle can not be restarted until the update is done. When mine was needed, I just hit cancel until I was in a place/time where it wouldn't matter if it had to sit for a little while - like when I got home in my driveway. It's really not that hard.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, O_J_Simpson said:

So you are saying if GM can mess up and accidentally brick a new vehicle we as consumers should know better and not brick our new vehicle ?

When you update the software on your smartphone it won't work until the update is finished either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The joke is between the ears of some people.

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

The joke is between the ears of some people.

 

:)

Not to mention that it's the 3rd or 4th thread about it. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeneJock said:

This was nothing more than driver error - should have never accepted the update.

Was John Podesta driving?  Seems some folks are too easily submissive to what computers tell them to do.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was out and about the other day and was prompted about an update being available, I told it to remind me later and went on about my errands and updated when I parked it at home.
Here's a screen shot of the warning it gives you....pretty easy to understand it!
 

20181118_141001.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RAYS B4U said:

I was out and about the other day and was prompted about an update being available, I told it to remind me later and went on about my errands and updated when I parked it at home.
Here's a screen shot of the warning it gives you....pretty easy to understand it!
 

20181118_141001.jpg

Sure as shit better not do that when at a Red Wings Game LOL.

 

How this simple thing is missed by so many on this forum.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.