Here it is! Take a look at the 2020 Chevy Silverado HD

Zane

19 minutes ago, ammoaddict said:

I understand people are interested in power and payload capability in a HD truck, but it doesn't cost anymore to make a pretty truck that it does an ugly truck.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Agree.  Someone (wasn’t me that thought it up) once said “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder” ?...

15 hours ago, ammoaddict said:

I once said, beauty is only sheet metal deep, but ugly goes plum to the frame.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Lol, a pretty good parable of the original.  Not bad, not bad ?....

On 12/9/2018 at 1:16 PM, Gudennuff said:

Opinions vary.  For my money it needs to excel in all 4 of those areas.

EXACTLY!!! Is it too much to ask to have a truck (for $60K plus) look as good as it performs? 

On 12/7/2018 at 9:43 AM, BIGDOGx said:

Looks insanely better, truly whoever designed the 2020 model should be fired imo!

I don't understand why ford and gm have this need to always make their 2500 and up lines about as ugly as can be.

there is actually a perfectly good reason why: PROFIT. they make the work trucks as ugly as possible to try to push you the high dollar trim levels (preferably the High Country/King Ranch/Denali for maximum profit) to have better looking sheetmetal.

4 hours ago, truckofwinandawesome said:

there is actually a perfectly good reason why: PROFIT. they make the work trucks as ugly as possible to try to push you the high dollar trim levels (preferably the High Country/King Ranch/Denali for maximum profit) to have better looking sheetmetal.

Nothing new about that.  A common marketing strategy used across a smorgasbord board of products.  

But, back to the cosmetic discussion; and my comrades expressing a desire for a “nice looking, a good looking truck, even a pretty truck, lol ?...  Anyway, an example, perhaps not on this thread but on others discussing what folks want on the new Silverado design there has been a lot of chatter about wheel well design.  Some think the rectangular cut used by GM since the old post WWII Advanced truck is good (I can’t bring myself to use the word pretty when discussing trucks, sorry) looking.  Others think it’s butt ugly and want GM to go to a round cut similar to what Ford uses.  So, which is it?  Rectangular or round?  Fly $h!t in pepper if you ask me ?....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snoringbear said:

Nothing new about that.  A common marketing strategy used across a smorgasbord board of products.  

But, back to the cosmetic discussion; and my comrades expressing a desire for a “nice looking, a good looking truck, even a pretty truck, lol ?...  Anyway, an example, perhaps not on this thread but on others discussing what folks want on the new Silverado design there has been a lot of chatter about wheel well design.  Some think the rectangular cut used by GM since the old post WWII Advanced truck is good (I can’t bring myself to use the word pretty when discussing trucks, sorry) looking.  Others think it’s butt ugly and want GM to go to a round cut similar to what Ford uses.  So, which is it?  Rectangular or round?  Fly $h!t in pepper if you ask me ?....

Yes Comrade, I want my truck to look as good as it performs. Based on your profile, that truck of yours 2015 LTZ 6.2 4x4 probably looks bada$$ too. Ehh the wheel well debate will never die, had the 2008 Avalanche with the more rounded Suburban look, wondered why the Silverado and Sierra went to the rectangular look, didn’t like it then and now I own one...go figure lol. Love the pepper comment, gonna share that with the GF right before breakfast ? 

1 hour ago, SS502 said:

Yes Comrade, I want my truck to look as good as it performs. Based on your profile, that truck of yours 2015 LTZ 6.2 4x4 probably looks bada$$ too. Ehh the wheel well debate will never die, had the 2008 Avalanche with the more rounded Suburban look, wondered why the Silverado and Sierra went to the rectangular look, didn’t like it then and now I own one...go figure lol. Love the pepper comment, gonna share that with the GF right before breakfast ? 

1 hour ago, SS502 said:

Lol, thanks.  I’m just a good ole Texas farm boy at heart.  My three adult daughters are Dallas suburbanites to the core who roll their eyes when I drop one of my down-home country sayings around their friends.  They say I’m embarrassing which I completely agree with and thoroughly enjoy being, heh, heh ?.  But, back to the serious stuff - trucks.  About looks; never said I wasn’t a hypocrite.  I do consider esthetics for sure but it’s never been a show stopper for me.  Anyway, kinda wish GM still built the Avalanche as I only tow a 6,500 lb TT with my LTZ and an Avalanche with the 6.2L  8 or 10 spd tranny would probably do nicely and the rear coil springs would ride much better for my boney old butt than the rear leafs in the Silverado.  Maybe I should check out the Ram next time.  Did I really say that?  Lol ?...

2 minutes ago, Snoringbear said:

Lol, thanks.  I’m just a good ole Texas farm boy at heart.  My three adult daughters are Dallas suburbanites to the core who roll their eyes when I drop one of my down-home country sayings around their friends.  They say I’m embarrassing which I completely agree with and thoroughly enjoy being, heh, heh ?.  But, back to the serious stuff - trucks.  About looks; never said I wasn’t a hypocrite.  I do consider esthetics for sure but it’s never been a show stopper for me.  Anyway, kinda wish GM still built the Avalanche as I only tow a 6,500 lb TT with my LTZ and an Avalanche with the 6.2L  8 or 10 spd tranny would probably do nicely and the rear coil springs would ride much better for my boney old butt than the rear leafs in the Silverado.  Maybe I should check out the Ram next time.  Did I really say that?  Lol ?...

Ummm, yes you did but even me being a somewhat loyal GM (truck division) owner...I’ve actually looked at one and it was very, very nice. I want too keen on all the leather work and for me the informational center was just too big. Looking at that with my old eyes assisted by bi-focals would make me dizzy ?? The Avalanche was really a nice vehicle for us and even with the 5.3 it towed my 24 foot bow rider pretty good although here in Florida we don’t have mountain type terrain. I see my old LTZ Avy every day and wish I’d have kept it to augment my stable ?