Sign in to follow this  
Bizon14

Winter Car Wash

Does anyone have any tips for trying to keep the rust down during the winter? I bought a used '14 double cab, and I know that being in the rust belt we are pretty much screwed anyways but I want to try to preserve the frame as best as possible. Unfortunately I park outside, so I am somewhat concerned with freezing.

I feel your pain. I just bought this 2016 double cab. I am coming from a 2009 Dodge RAM 1500. That thing was rusting to the ground. I am not bad mouthing RAM. I do live in the rust belt. Just like you like you. I remember seeing on the TV show "Motorweek" last year a segment on putting a water sprinkler under your vehicle in the spring at all four corner. An hour or so each, to rid your ride of the corrosive salts that accumulate over the winter season.

The RAM was way beyond that. In fact the frame had rusted so bad, the front fuel tank strap had pulled through it and allowed the fuel tank to nearly fall out of the truck. After I spent $300 getting a plate welded in, Chrysler called and said they had a recall on it... Of course they wouldn't reimburse me the money I had spent on the repair. They said mine wasn't a Chrysler authorized repair. I did allow them to do the recall. At least any subsequent owners wouldn't be saddled with an "unauthorized" repair.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.