In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmyc!

Oh the humanity!

There are some things that just can't be fixed: Stupid for one, that grill for another.

So why'd they make an HD version of an 04 Colorado W/T? 

• Like 1

Dang man that Chevrolet front end is a bad FUBAR. That GMC is a little  better but someone needs to be fired over that Chevrolet thing.      

• Like 1

I think we should keep in mind that the angle of the picture doesn't play into favour.

Also, we're looking at a 2D picture. It'll be different when we see it in person (3D).

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 1

I like the more leg room, direct injection if it only helps with mileage. Like the side bed step. Grill is fuuuuugly, would like to have seen the 10 spd in it. Wonder what the hp n tq is on the gas motor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What the hell is up with their dumb ass mirrors?
Put them back on the corner of the window like they have been for a very long time!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just now, sldhead700 said:

What the hell is up with their dumb ass mirrors?
Put them back on the corner of the window like they have been for a very long time!

The lower mount is less in your line of sight, meaning you get a less obstructed view between the mirror and the A pillar.  Some people like increased visibility. Maybe.  Or maybe it's for aerodynamic reasons.  Or maybe GM just wants to get you all worked up....

Edited by rkj__

3 hours ago, rkj__ said:

The lower mount is less in your line of sight, meaning you get a less obstructed view between the mirror and the A pillar.  Some people like increased visibility. Maybe.  Or maybe it's for aerodynamic reasons.  Or maybe GM just wants to get you all worked up....

The mount is lower yes, but then the mirror comes back to to approximately the same height at the same location of the window!

So now you got a dumbass looking arm that's bolted to flimsy sheet metal and when people walk by these tight-ass parking lot spaces and hit it with their shoulders it dents the flimsy for panel.

And you got a stupid ass looking blank filler plate where their mirror used to be....... It looks stupid and serves zero purpose, put a pillow under your ass if you need to sit the one inch higher to see!

9 minutes ago, sldhead700 said:

The mount is lower yes, but then the mirror comes back to to approximately the same height at the same location of the window!

So now you got a dumbass looking arm that's bolted to flimsy sheet metal and when people walk by these tight-ass parking lot spaces and hit it with their shoulders it dents the flimsy for panel.

And you got a stupid ass looking blank filler plate where their mirror used to be....... It looks stupid and serves zero purpose, put a pillow under your ass if you need to sit the one inch higher to see!

5C671680-A64A-421C-A584-CBC2D4E6BABF.jpeg

99A38958-6025-448D-B817-D121737948D9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Jimmyc! said:

Thank you so much for that.  Loads of great comments / photoshops are pouring in below the article.  :)

This is my favourite so far...

rpxduipkajkttzukutrz.jpg

Edited by rkj__

On 12/6/2018 at 6:10 PM, sldhead700 said:

Actually I would assume the doors will be aluminum since all “swing” parts on the new 019s are now aluminum.  

So when the panel gets bent from the neighbor kids swinging on the mirror cause they mistaked the truck for a jungle gym does the stealer replace the whole door skin or try to “fix it”. I know on the K2s early on anyway the answer for the aluminum hood was it gets replaced because they weren’t set up for aluminum repair no matter how small the repair.

Also Ford spent 100k per dealer that’s aluminum repaired certified between equipment and training wonder if GM is doing something similar?

Fun Ford aluminum reads...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2015/01/27/whats-crazier-than-smashing-an-aluminum-ford-f-150-with-a-sledgehammer-the-repair-bill/#4b336724506f

https://jalopnik.com/how-a-2015-ford-f-150-aluminum-repair-cost-17-000-and-1719664610

Actually I would assume the doors will be aluminum since all “swing” parts on the new 019s are now aluminum.  

So when the panel gets bent from the neighbor kids swinging on the mirror cause they mistaked the truck for a jungle gym does the stealer replace the whole door skin or try to “fix it”. I know on the K2s early on anyway the answer for the aluminum hood was it gets replaced because they weren’t set up for aluminum repair no matter how small the repair.

Also Ford spent 100k per dealer that’s aluminum repaired certified between equipment and training wonder if GM is doing something similar?

Fun Ford aluminum reads...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2015/01/27/whats-crazier-than-smashing-an-aluminum-ford-f-150-with-a-sledgehammer-the-repair-bill/#4b336724506f

https://jalopnik.com/how-a-2015-ford-f-150-aluminum-repair-cost-17-000-and-1719664610
Didn't think about possibly having to replace the skin on the door or the entire door, ouch!
That makes the current mirror location that much worse. The strength is at the a pillar, and they should remove the blank filler plate and put the mirror back in that location in my opinion. It also gives people a lot of better choices for mirror changes should they decide they want something different than what it came with. ( Towing style vs. non towing style)

I haven't been on the Forum for quite a while.  Pretty busy with Life! ;-)

I haven't seen a mug that ugly since the Rolling Stones last US Tour. 

What the hell could GM Designers have been thinking???? 

keithrichards.jpg

• Like 1