Sun visor mirrors- not illuminated. Wife is disappointed.

Kozzy

Hi, I cannot believe a $55K truck doesn’t have lighted/illuminated sun visor mirrors. My wife hates it so I’m wondering if I can make something work off an older model?

Anyone know if the 14-18 Silverado style sun visor mirrors with lights will work in factory 19 location? The mounting location looks extremely similar. I’d run the wires to the dome lights for power.

Let me know if anyone has tried to tackle this yet??? I have crew 1500 Z71 RST.

Edited by Kozzy

Hi, I cannot believe a $55K truck doesn’t have lighted/illuminated sun visor mirrors. My wife hates it so I’m wondering if I can make something work off an older model?

Anyone know if the 14-18 Silverado style sun visor mirrors with lights will work in factory 19 location? The mounting location looks extremely similar. I’d run the wires to the dome lights for power.

Let me know if anyone has tried to tackle this yet??? I have crew 1500 Z71 RST.

That is crazy that they took out illuminated visors especially from a Z71 spec truck. GM just keeps taking features out. It’s like since we gave them blind spot mirrors, we need to take away these 4 features from the previous gen and also tack on the GM tax.

I'm sure you can buy a lighted sun visor clip on type that run on batteries. Since they are LED they will last a long time. no need to run wires.. something like this..

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-440-1-Slimline-Lighted-Mirror/dp/B000FW4LMG/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1543953239&sr=8-15&keywords=sun+visor+light

My wife and I are currently looking at trading our '15 Tahoe LTZ in on a 1/2 Ton Silverado, and this is one issue I'm seeing. No mirror lighting, no auto-dimming rear view mirror, no memory seats, and no power passenger seat. On a $55,000+ truck these should be standard features! I can't believe the mark up on the T1 trucks compared to the K2 trucks. It's ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, tarheel34 said:

My wife and I are currently looking at trading our '15 Tahoe LTZ in on a 1/2 Ton Silverado, and this is one issue I'm seeing. No mirror lighting, no auto-dimming rear view mirror, no memory seats, and no power passenger seat. On a $55,000+ truck these should be standard features! I can't believe the mark up on the T1 trucks compared to the K2 trucks. It's ridiculous. 

Agreed. Just plain stupid.

15 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

I'm sure you can buy a lighted sun visor clip on type that run on batteries. Since they are LED they will last a long time. no need to run wires.. something like this..

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-440-1-Slimline-Lighted-Mirror/dp/B000FW4LMG/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1543953239&sr=8-15&keywords=sun+visor+light

I’m looking for factory/OE fit and finish. These clip ons would look terrible...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, captainzombie said:

That is crazy that they took out illuminated visors especially from a Z71 spec truck. GM just keeps taking features out. It’s like since we gave them blind spot mirrors, we need to take away these 4 features from the previous gen and also tack on the GM tax.

I wish mine had blind spot mirrors/elec monitoring! Does yours? Did I get jipped? Lol

I appreciate that there are some features that people miss when they disappear.  The lighted visor mirror was a popular option when they started appearing in trucks for some but times have changed and I personally didn't find them a good use of my truck buying dollar.  If I need to check my face prior to exiting the truck I can use the rear view mirror or borrow the mirror in my wife's purse!  I don't see this as a cost saving strategy.  GMC-AT's option is a good solution.  

18 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

all you guys wanted rear AC vents.. so they had to take something away to make that work :uhoh:

RST trim does have blind spot monitor as an option. I got it on my order. 

LMAO what thell does back seat vents have to do with eliminating something that probably cost GM 3 dollars per truck? My 14 has illuminated vanity mirrors and so shouldn't this new supposedly better version!

On 12/4/2018 at 3:42 PM, GMC-AT said:

all you guys wanted rear AC vents.. so they had to take something away to make that work :uhoh:

RST trim does have blind spot monitor as an option. I got it on my order. 

Are you talking about the little concave in corner of drive side mirror?

I was referring to electronic blind spot monitor like in my previous Malibu Premier. Would alert me with a tint orange icon if someone was next to me.

Which does your RST have?