Sun visor mirrors- not illuminated. Wife is disappointed.

Kozzy

1 hour ago, Bgctrading said:

My 16 high country has telescoping steering wheel.its a separate lever behind the turn signal.

The base three trims do not telescope anymore. Sad to say I think I’m writing GM off my list of trucks to look at this spring. They’re missing too many things I can get on a Ford, Ram or even the Nissan. 

• 1 year later...

Got a  2019, so dam basic, always been a Chevy man, but this might just be my last one, hate to say it but unless you're getting the 2500, the other trucks are far more superior. Why would you take Sirius radio out, and who puts none powered seats in vehicles in this day and time, not to mention the rubbing noise that the manufacturer telling you is normal, (ughhh why my last truck didn't do it if it's normal) this thing should cost about $18,000. Literally, all you get is an upgraded radio, and that's only if you get the trim with the Sirius radio.Never have I purchased a vehicle and hated it after only a month!

No lighted visor's?‍♂️ that would be added in the new Yugo if there was one!

Edited by Unhappy Chevy

Are you talking about the little concave in corner of drive side mirror?

I was referring to electronic blind spot monitor like in my previous Malibu Premier. Would alert me with a tint orange icon if someone was next to me.

Which does your RST have?
My rst has blind spot, the orange icon

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

You have to get the safety package to get that. I bought a Trail Boss, had to drive 100 miles to a different city to get one that had that. It doesn't have the full High Country features, but the TB safety package has blind spot mirrors, collision alert, and the cross traffic rear warning. 

All things you lose with towing mirrors. My Trail Boss has the towing mirrors from the factory.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Unhappy Chevy said:

Got a  2019, so dam basic, always been a Chevy man, but this might just be my last one, hate to say it but unless you're getting the 2500, the other trucks are far more superior. Why would you take Sirius radio out, and who puts none powered seats in vehicles in this day and time

Did you even look at the damn truck before you bought it? You can get manual seats and no satellite radio in a 300A XLT Ford or a basic Big Horn Ram. If you want those features you have to opt for a specific package, no different than GM. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So did anyone have any luck w/ the lighted sun visor swap on a TB?  Have a 2020 TB & am looking to install the lighted visors ..., took the stock visor on the driver’s side off today to see if I could find the wire, but no luck. I’m thinking it’s gotta be there, just like the wire was there for the auto dimming rear view mirror. Thanks gentlemen. 

I know that GM installs certain options as only part of packages to standardize and reduce “their” cost. Back in 1980 I ordered a K10 Silverado (Silverado was a trim level back then, like LTZ) and you could order almost any option by itself. I was able to get power windows without power locks. 4 speed manual too. Now if you order certain options you have to get a package or some packages are not available with certain options. The only thing I couldn’t get when I ordered the available tachometer was a clock. The tach replaced the fuel gauge which was moved to the clock location. Pre-LED display in the radio so the clock was analog in the display console. 

39 minutes ago, grayfox said:

I know that GM installs certain options as only part of packages to standardize and reduce “their” cost. Back in 1980 I ordered a K10 Silverado (Silverado was a trim level back then, like LTZ) and you could order almost any option by itself. I was able to get power windows without power locks. 4 speed manual too. Now if you order certain options you have to get a package or some packages are not available with certain options. The only thing I couldn’t get when I ordered the available tachometer was a clock. The tach replaced the fuel gauge which was moved to the clock location. Pre-LED display in the radio so the clock was analog in the display console. 

Parents had an 81 K5 Blazer (Silverado trim).  I remember this option.  You either got a HUGE fuel gauge or tach.  I miss being able to order ala carte.  I would have added a few things to my LT Trailboss like HUD and A/C seats

• Like 1

Parents had an 81 K5 Blazer (Silverado trim).  I remember this option.  You either got a HUGE fuel gauge or tach.  I miss being able to order ala carte.  I would have added a few things to my LT Trailboss like HUD and A/C seats
Exactly! Or, GM could've made Trail Boss an option package instead of a trim. I would've bought a LTZ Trail Boss with the brown leather interior the LTZ has.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:29 AM, Sierra Dan said:

I didn't think so. No locking gas door on any GM truck I can ever recall.

Speaking of this, what is the reason for eliminating the fuel cap? No way the spring loaded flapper can seal out foreign materials as well as a screw on cap. 

1 hour ago, Transient said:

Exactly! Or, GM could've made Trail Boss an option package instead of a trim. I would've bought a LTZ Trail Boss with the brown leather interior the LTZ has.

I will agree. I wanted an LTZ, but even though I am in my early 60’s, I like the look of a “low” lifted truck (My wife, all 5’-4” of her, drives a Wangler Rubicon with the factory 2” lift). I didn’t want the hassle of doing an aftermarket lift. 
Since the Z71 is supposed to be the off road package, I don’t understand why they just didn’t add the lift, shocks, tires, etc. to the Z71 package. Or at least a Z71 “+” package similar to the Z71 appearance package.