New 2020 HD with camo removed

It is not a prototype.  This is official 2020 Chevy HD from press release.  It is horrendous and heinous.  Glad I purchased a 2019 Denali.  Only solace is GMC will look much better.  The comments all over the internet today are blasting the shit out of GM on this horrible design.  

From press release:  10 speed Allison:

Under the 2020 Silverado HD’s hood is a choice of two new powertrains: an all-new gasoline engine with direct injection mated to a six-speed transmission, or the Duramax Turbo-Diesel V-8, which delivers 910 lb-ft of torque through an all-new, Allison 10-speed transmission.

Edited by redwngr

You know I still kind of think my 2017 Sierra HD is ugly... and it honestly is... like not an attractive design in any way shape or form.  Then I see that abortion and suddenly my truck is not quite as ugly anymore lol.  So is the goal to build the absolute most hideous truck possible now days? Sure seems that way.

The front is not pleasant to me but the side looks much better than the 1500 I think, at least the body lines match front to rear. Curious about more info on the direct injection engine coming in it. 

I'm not too crazy about the front but the rest of it looks pretty good.

Other than the fuel MPG I am very content with my 2016 2500HD gasser so I likely wouldn't be trading up regardless, but I would not be ashamed driving the new one around.

And on the plus side - the roof hasn't changed so we can still look forward to the leaky antenna!

4 hours ago, Mike Barber said:

I'm not too crazy about the front but the rest of it looks pretty good.

Other than the fuel MPG I am very content with my 2016 2500HD gasser so I likely wouldn't be trading up regardless, but I would not be ashamed driving the new one around.

And on the plus side - the roof hasn't changed so we can still look forward to the leaky antenna!

Its not the same roof.  Its the new 1/2 ton roof, the only piece of sheetmetal the HD shares with the new 1/2 ton. 

1 hour ago, gearheadesw said:

All new direct injection gasoline engine. Any details on this?

Not really as of yet.  Rumored 400hp/450tq, 6.2-6.6 liter displacement. 

The wheel well and trim are similar to 14-18  Sierra's. This and the overall appearance look great, imo.   This truck retains a traditional and brawny appearance we expect from a heavy duty pickup. It  has enough cosmetic changes to show it is keeping current but I see nothing not to like!  I predict this will be a popular purchase particularly if the new V8 requires less visits to the pump than the engine it replaces!

Looks great.  People love to complain. 

Seems like they do a better job every iteration of getting the frame tucked up higher while sticking with the IFS.  Those mid-2000's HD trucks have frames that look like they would scrape on every speed bump, my 2016 gasser is a lot better although the diesels have that DEF tank in the way.  This appears to be an improvement over the current version, it would be tough to hang up on the frame on that truck.  

I'm not sold on the front end design. Looks too much like Clark Griswold's wagon.

The rest of it looks great. Hoping GMC is similar to the 1500, but think I'll be keeping my 2015 for a while.

I am intrigued as to what the new gas engine will be.