Anyone with GM Performance Cat-Back Exhaust/Air Intake ?

• 2 months later...

Do you guys feel the big price from GM on these kits are worth it?  On my 2018 I just threw a Magnaflow 12909 and it had a pretty good rumble.  I just drove an AT4 with the performance exhaust on it and it does sound great...even the wife loved it.

2 hours ago, Scooter Scott said:

Do you guys feel the big price from GM on these kits are worth it?  On my 2018 I just threw a Magnaflow 12909 and it had a pretty good rumble.  I just drove an AT4 with the performance exhaust on it and it does sound great...even the wife loved it.

I think the exhaust is justifiable. On the 6.2 it adds 13hp, 8tq and sounds great. I am loving every minute of it. Plus the factory warranty on everything is nice. 

It can be had for just over $1200 shipped on shopchevyparts. Install was $120 at my dealer. The Corsa kit for the 5.3 (not available for the 6.2 yet) is actually MORE expensive than the GM, and I would bet the Borla will wind up being in the same ball park. It’s expensive but you do get what you pay for as far as cat-backs.

If you just swap a muffler and leave the stock resonators you probably won’t get the sound you’re after, or as much of the power increase. 

IMO, the intake is of questionable value. Cheapest I’ve seen it is $468. It adds 2hp and 1tq so I’d say it’s not worth it from a performance side. It does sound good though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

I think the exhaust is justifiable. On the 6.2 it adds 13hp, 8tq and sounds great. I am loving every minute of it. Plus the factory warranty on everything is nice. 

It can be had for just over $1200 shipped on shopchevyparts. Install was $120 at my dealer. The Corsa kit for the 5.3 (not available for the 6.2 yet) is actually MORE expensive than the GM, and I would bet the Borla will wind up being in the same ball park. It’s expensive but you do get what you pay for as far as cat-backs.

If you just swap a muffler and leave the stock resonators you probably won’t get the sound you’re after, or as much of the power increase. 

IMO, the intake is of questionable value. Cheapest I’ve seen it is $468. It adds 2hp and 1tq so I’d say it’s not worth it from a performance side. It does sound good though. 

Great reply.  Thanks!

I just got an AT4 delivered from Utah.  It has the off-road performance package (intake and exhaust)  I believe the engine emission label (sticker) was on the original factory installed airbox?  There is a small white sticker on the upper radiator support cover that says the new intake is 50 state legal but the main engine emission label is nowhere to be found.  Is GM supposed to supply a new sticker or take the old one off and reattach somehow?  Seems odd that they would remove it without replacing it.  Does the dealer normally give the OEM airbox and exhaust to the customers?

If I’m not mistaken...if the truck is ordered with the performance package, it comes from the factory with those parts. My local dealer has an AT4 with it, and the package isn’t listed as an “LPO” or dealer installed on the window sticker. If that’s the case, your truck never had the “stock parts”.

If they were a dealer add on, the stuff probably got thrown out. I had to ask for my old exhaust to be left in the bed. 

7 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

If I’m not mistaken...if the truck is ordered with the performance package, it comes from the factory with those parts. My local dealer has an AT4 with it, and the package isn’t listed as an “LPO” or dealer installed on the window sticker. If that’s the case, your truck never had the “stock parts”.

If they were a dealer add on, the stuff probably got thrown out. I had to ask for my old exhaust to be left in the bed. 

That may be the case.... mine was still in transit when I purchased it and I know the window sticker already had the performance package listed.  I just assumed it was always installed by dealer.  Perhaps not the case though.  It did have the install instruction booklet in the center console.. not sure what to make of that.

3 minutes ago, n8huntsman said:

That may be the case.... mine was still in transit when I purchased it and I know the window sticker already had the performance package listed.  I just assumed it was always installed by dealer.  Perhaps not the case though.  It did have the install instruction booklet in the center console.. not sure what to make of that.

Mine were installed at the dealer. I just picked my truck up on 3/5

On 12/5/2018 at 4:09 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

I was using the build and price option for the 2019 Silverado and there's a option there "Performance Upgrade Package" which adds 10hp for the GM performance exhaust and 5hp for the intake. I'm wondering if its worth the money?? or is it better to go buy aftermarket?

Also do anyone have it and what is the sound like?

The upgrade of only 10hp for $5k does not seem like a good value. Although who doesn't like the sound of the Borla system. I would not spend the 5k for an air intake and exhaust from GM, rather buy an aftermarket set up for less than half. 

9 hours ago, dilt perns said:

The upgrade of only 10hp for $5k does not seem like a good value. Although who doesn't like the sound of the Borla system. I would not spend the 5k for an air intake and exhaust from GM, rather buy an aftermarket set up for less than half. 

The 5k ($4,940) includes the 6.2L motor, 18" wheels and Duratrac tires.  If you already have the 6.2L and the other items in your build, the package only adds $2150 in cost.

PCJ - Off-Road Performance Package, includes (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (PDM) Performance Upgrade Package, LPO, (R3O) LT275/65R18C MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires and (RT5) 18" machined aluminum with Dark Grey accents

PDM - LPO, Performance Upgrade Package, includes (5W7) Performance Air Intake System, LPO and (WBC) Cat-Back Performance Exhaust, LPO, (dealer-installed)