To Level or Not to Level? That is the question...

15 minutes ago, Gunslinger354 said:

and the other 10% people understand your not really going for looks cuz your towing

In the end, an owner should do what makes them happiest, regardless of what others think, as long as it is safe. 

Don't worry about people pointing and laughing and your squatting truck, if it makes you happy. 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:34 PM, Gunslinger354 said:

I hv stock 22's on this with 285 45 22 does the group think i can get awsy with 35x12.5 or 285 55 22 or should i go with 33x12.5

the 285/55r22 really is one of the best looking combos I've seen to date. That's what I plan one doing since my 285/45s G2s are about worn out. Thinking about leveling with shocks, maybe a 2"block in the rear, and wheel spacers on an OEM wheel. I've seen a few (very few ) do this but it looks Fantastic IMHO. Going to mod whatever I need too to get full clearance (will norcal if needed so I can off road too).

11 minutes ago, kennerz said:

the 285/55r22 really is one of the best looking combos I've seen to date. That's what I plan one doing since my 285/45s G2s are about worn out. Thinking about leveling with shocks, maybe a 2"block in the rear, and wheel spacers on an OEM wheel. I've seen a few (very few ) do this but it looks Fantastic IMHO. Going to mod whatever I need too to get full clearance (will norcal if needed so I can off road too).

Thanks thats the size im actually leaning towards

On 12/6/2018 at 3:29 PM, SILVER SLED said:

I don't like driving around looking like I have a snow plow attached, so I put the 2 1/2" front and 1" rear lift on it.  It still has a little rake unloaded and looks level puling my ski boat and the pontoon boat. 

I did the same setup and love it! I think the truck looks perfect with the very slight rake

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 1:59 PM, Gunslinger354 said:

90% of the time im not towing 10% i am id rather it look sharp 90% of the time and the other 10% people understand your not really going for looks cuz your towing

Solid take.  I only tow a ATV so I’d rather have my truck look and ride great 95% of the time. 

• Like 1

I did the eibach pro lift (shock / struts) with the struts on the lowest setting. Truck is now level if anything about 1/4" nose high.... ride is so much better (it is stiffer) but handles the speed bumps and pot holes with no bouncing like it did with the stock ranchos.... running 275/65/20 bfg ko2's with no rubbing.... very happy...47d197d64ef92c6b85f417449ff1f2f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 12/8/2018 at 6:56 PM, Cbell13055 said:

Maybe Magneride changes the dynamic? I will say I have a 2.5” up front and it’s perfectly level. Problem it....it drives like sh*t. Really rough....i’d Love to get it to ride a little nicer 

Maybe you have a bad shock or shocks.  Sometimes when those shocks go bad the get stuck on stiffest poss configuration, it feels like there is almost no suspension it gets so stiff. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:59 PM, bcj001 said:

I did the eibach pro lift (shock / struts) with the struts on the lowest setting. Truck is now level if anything about 1/4" nose high.... ride is so much better (it is stiffer) but handles the speed bumps and pot holes with no bouncing like it did with the stock ranchos.... running 275/65/20 bfg ko2's with no rubbing.... very happy...47d197d64ef92c6b85f417449ff1f2f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BCJ001, How do you like the Eibach Pro-Truck lift? I am really considering it and there is not much on the forum about it that I can find. What is you opinion of the ride quality, ease of install and how are your ball joint angles? Also, how long have you had it installed?