Jump to content

Gorehamj

IMAGES: Check Out the 2020 Silverado HD High Country

Recommended Posts

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-2500HD-HighCountry-012.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
12-6-2018

 

Earlier this week Chevrolet released the first photos of the 2020 Silverado HD in LT trim. The response was mixed. Today, the brand is trying again, showing off the better looking HIgh Country trim level. In total, the new Silverado HD will have five unique trim levels. We've already seen the LT, and here are the images of the all-new range-topping Silverado HD High Country.

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-2500HD-HighCountry-010.jpg
“Truck customers are very clear: They want the perfect truck for them and not a ‘one size fits most’ truck compromised for the masses,” said Mike Simcoe, vice president, Global Design, General Motors. “That insight shaped our strategy for the next-generation Silverado franchise, providing customers more differentiation between the Silverado 1500 and the Silverado HD as well as more personalization and differentiation between individual trim levels.”

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-2500HD-HighCountry-011.jpg
The two-tone metallic trim you see here is exclusive to High Country models.

 

Read Chevrolet's Press Release On the 2020 Silverado HD High Country

 

CHEVROLET REVEALS 2020 SILVERADO HD HIGH COUNTRY, SECOND OF FIVE DISTINCT MODELS FOR ALL-NEW PICKUP
Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ and High Country models offer different combinations of design, features and technologies tailored for different customers

 

DETROIT — Chevrolet knows no two truck customers are the same, and as such continues to expand its truck franchise with five distinct trim levels for the all-new Silverado HD: Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ and range-topping High Country.

This follows the expanded range of customer choices on the all-new Silverado 1500, which has eight distinct trim levels. As with the 2019 Silverado 1500, each 2020 Silverado HD model offers a different level of design, features and technology to meet the individual and rigorous demands of HD owners.

“Truck customers are very clear: They want the perfect truck for them and not a ‘one size fits most’ truck compromised for the masses,” said Mike Simcoe, vice president, Global Design, General Motors. “That insight shaped our strategy for the next-generation Silverado franchise, providing customers more differentiation between the Silverado 1500 and the Silverado HD as well as more personalization and differentiation between individual trim levels.”

For example, each of the Silverado HD models features distinct exterior design details including grilles featuring either the Chevrolet stamped bar or the iconic Chevrolet bowtie and a mix of black, body color, chrome or the two-tone metallic trim exclusive to High Country models.

“We took into account every detail of what customers expect, and how they will use their truck,” said Simcoe. “The results are unique versions of the Silverado HD equally at home working on a construction site or pulling a camping trailer.”

The 2020 Silverado HD goes on sale in mid-2019. Stay tuned for more details about the all-new 2020 Silverado HD — including images of Work Truck, Custom and LTZ — closer to launch.

 

ABOUT CHEVROLET

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 100 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks very High Country HD. 

 

I wonder if they will do an RST trim. Edit; it looks like trim levels will be: Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ and High Country.  I can't see any of those having the body colour grille like an RST would.  That's too bad. 

 

It also looks rather level. 

 

Those wheels look very time consuming to clean.

Edited by rkj__

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

way better than that ugly piece of crap they debut 2 days ago

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kylant said:

way better than that ugly piece of crap they debut 2 days ago

GM probably thinks they are so clever.  Make the LT ugly.  Make the High Country look way better.  Sales of LT drop.  Sales of High Country rise.  Profits rise.  Take those who are brand loyal, and squeeze them for the maximum amount that lenders will approve.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...or those who are brand loyal decide that maybe it's time to find a diff brand. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

GM probably thinks they are so clever.  Make the LT ugly.  Make the High Country look way better.  Sales of LT drop.  Sales of High Country rise.  Profits rise.  Take those who are brand loyal, and squeeze them for the maximum amount that lenders will approve.

Or still buy the LT and buy a replacement grille. Way cheaper option. There will be many aftermarket grilles available at the debut release or shortly there after. Hell you can probably buy oem for $500 to buy the high country and save a ton still. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DSavas15 said:

Or still buy the LT and buy a replacement grille. Way cheaper option. There will be many aftermarket grilles available at the debut release or shortly there after. Hell you can probably buy oem for $500 to buy the high country and save a ton still. 

I dont think a simple grill swap will get the LT to High country look. Entire front end is different.. lights, grill, bumper, hood, fenders, inner structure perhaps for mounting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ozer said:

I dont think a simple grill swap will get the LT to High country look. Entire front end is different.. lights, grill, bumper, hood, fenders, inner structure perhaps for mounting.

From what i have seen on the two pictures shown. the only differences i can actually tell is the grille itself and the front fascia that is painted on the high country that sits just above the bumper. still a much much cheaper route. It looks like the painted section of the bumper on a SLT 1500 from 16-18. Instead of the slightly larger LT grille. 

 

GM typically doesn't differentiate the way something is going to hook on or attach because it relies on too many different  parts.  I know we are talking a new generation but from k-2 experience (Sierra's SLE to Denali; not sure about Silverado but i would assume the same since i see people switch high country grilles on their ltz trucks and vice versa) , all grilles mounted the same regardless of trim. That would require each line to be made at a specific plant otherwise you would lose too much in quality control or lack of production. The bumpers, lights and hood all look exactly the same. Whether or not the lights are all LED or HID etc is true the shape typically still doesn't change from a design/shape standpoint. Same thing with the hood. They are not making more than two hoods for the trucks. One for the Diesel and one for the Gasser. 

 

Not trying to start an argument but I just can't buy into 5 lines with 5 completely different front ends especially if you start changing the mounting for each. Production for them would cost way too much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DSavas15 said:

From what i have seen on the two pictures shown. the only differences i can actually tell is the grille itself and the front fascia that is painted on the high country that sits just above the bumper. still a much much cheaper route. It looks like the painted section of the bumper on a SLT 1500 from 16-18. Instead of the slightly larger LT grille. 

 

GM typically doesn't differentiate the way something is going to hook on or attach because it relies on too many different  parts.  I know we are talking a new generation but from k-2 experience (Sierra's SLE to Denali; not sure about Silverado but i would assume the same since i see people switch high country grilles on their ltz trucks and vice versa) , all grilles mounted the same regardless of trim. That would require each line to be made at a specific plant otherwise you would lose too much in quality control or lack of production. The bumpers, lights and hood all look exactly the same. Whether or not the lights are all LED or HID etc is true the shape typically still doesn't change from a design/shape standpoint. Same thing with the hood. They are not making more than two hoods for the trucks. One for the Diesel and one for the Gasser. 

 

Not trying to start an argument but I just can't buy into 5 lines with 5 completely different front ends especially if you start changing the mounting for each. Production for them would cost way too much. 

I just went back and looked at both side by side, youre right the lines and all look the same. Just LED lights vs Halogen looks like is the only difference. So perhaps a grill swap will be possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ozer said:

I just went back and looked at both side by side, youre right the lines and all look the same. Just LED lights vs Halogen looks like is the only difference. So perhaps a grill swap will be possible. 

I still think the painted piece above the bumper will have to be changed too, so i can agree with you there. I think it might be a complicated grille swap but to me its $1k total vs a probably $10k to get the high country. I think it should be doable. but i still hope before production they change that ugly cheese grater on the LT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The earlier release is most like the " Custom " front end similar to 1500 models.

At least the crossbar with CHEVROLET instead of a bowtie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my 2016 High Country and so glad they never ruined the looks of the 2020  High Country.

The ugly " CHEVROLET"  stamp on the front of the LT screams  CHEAP.  I like the looks of present day LTs, so sad that GM is forcing people to go to a higher trim to get a good looking truck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:puke:Still ugly like the LT, I'll keep my current truck till they change body styles again I guess. 

 

Did they have the same team that designed the Aztek work on this truck too?   

Edited by Srode1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.