Gorehamj

9 hours ago, rkj__ said:

GM probably thinks they are so clever.  Make the LT ugly.  Make the High Country look way better.  Sales of LT drop.  Sales of High Country rise.  Profits rise.  Take those who are brand loyal, and squeeze them for the maximum amount that lenders will approve.

To the buyer.. "Do you want that with the HC  grill?"  I can see it now. You have been able to get a NEW GMC for years with a "Denali" grill right off the lot.

Edited by Formulabruce

10 hours ago, rkj__ said:

Looks very High Country HD. 

I wonder if they will do an RST trim. Edit; it looks like trim levels will be: Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ and High Country.  I can't see any of those having the body colour grille like an RST would.  That's too bad. 

It also looks rather level. 

Those wheels look very time consuming to clean.

Didnt even notice the wheels till u said it, holy cow youre right!!!! Cleaning would be a nightmare!!

If call on you all to boycott GM for destroying the lives of 100,000 American employees and their families along with depriving the US of several billion dollars of tax revenue after lowering taxes last year and bailing them out of their bankruptcy. The trucks are ugly this coming year, only one has symmetric dual tailpipes and that screwy shark fin antenna is still on the left side instead of centered toward the rear of the roof as it should be . They could have done alot better than that offroad model too.

If call on you all to boycott GM for destroying the lives of 100,000 American employees and their families along with depriving the US of several billion dollars of tax revenue after lowering taxes last year and bailing them out of their bankruptcy. The trucks are ugly this coming year, only one has symmetric dual tailpipes and that screwy shark fin antenna is still on the left side instead of centered toward the rear of the roof as it should be . They could have done alot better than that offroad model too.

What carmaker do you suggest we flock to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If they would redesign the front end so that it doesn't look like it is caved in/the expression of a dumb retard.. - see circled red area (no offense, I know "retard" it's not a politically correct term) and fix the back end, then the looks would have potential. 

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-2500HD-HighCountry-010.thumb.jpg.6ce8e1f99a463b1cf80a9b52d11e2145.jpg

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-2500HD-HighCountry-011.thumb.jpg.0242a126c6a466a25b0e5d8f159dc93d.jpg

• Like 1

looks like the F350 and the Nissan half ton diesel had a bastard child together.  I'm not sure who is running things on the design side at chevy. They come so close with some cool design cues and almost get there stylistically, then somehow manage to really go south with whatever good they had going. 

Whoever is designing the front ends of things needs to be fired (see 2019 camaro),  seriously if they just changed a few things they could have come out with great looking vehicles, it's like they want all the front ends to look like a lexus (which only pulls it off on certain models, otherwise they are kinda just ugly Japanese cars).

Best thing for 2019 was the ZL1 Camaro where they kept the old design front - which was excellent IMHO.

If they would just get the designs a little better (right overall concepts with bad finished execution) and stop all the safety/warranty de-tuning of everything they wouldn't have to lay people off. They do a lot right , then shoot themselves with these oversights.  the wrong people are there in some decision making capacity cause in the current marketplace they could dominate with slightly better styling and just an uptick in overall performance to keep ahead of the other MFG's offerings.

Their sales reflect that the buyer base is not that happy with what they are offering and are going to other brands that deliver more effectively at a competitive often better price. I hate saying this cause I'm a Chevy man. 

I still think if it was a dog i would shave it's ass and teach it how to walk backwards!

A terrible front end design is not going to look better because instead of chrome it is painted. The photoshop of the 1500 style front end onto this truck makes it look light years better, wonder how the design engineer who was overpaid without a doubt to design this truck feels that some guy with a cheap photo editing software,  cleaned up his design in a few minutes time and actually made this truck look presentable.