Ravenkeeper

Front Parking Assist Sensors Going NUTS!!!!

I swung my truck around in front of my driveway to back in, last night, and the front center parking assist indications started going NUTS, telling me that there was something within a foot of my front bumper, when there was NOTHING there.  I thought there was rain drops built up on the sensors, so I wasn't worried about it.  This afternoon, I wiped the residual rain drops off of all four front sensors, before getting into the truck, and on the way to work, it was doing it STILL.  I kept screaming at me, at every stop along the way.  When I backed into my usual parking spot, it didn't do anything.  WTH?!!!  This stupid feature has a mind of its own. 

I have video of my '15 doing something similar to this, in a Taco Bell drive-thru and NO ONE in front of me.  FCA Going Bazerk in Ridgecrest Taco Bell Drive-Thru

This is an interesting subject, I was at a snowbank when I pulled into a parking spot and the alarm went off. I came back later in the day backed up and the front alarm still wemt off, I pulled over in about 200 feet and shut the truck off thinking it needs a reboot because the front was clear the unit kept beeping at me even with the truck off and all the electrical disengaged. I then went to restart the truck it kept beeping and then slowly the sound diminished and then it's been working properly since then. I am also running a  2015. So this is a very interesting Gremlin going on.    because I did nothing to fix it. I hope these units aren't going to be plagued with a bunch of electrical issues and false sensing Etc....

You are going to need to check for paranormal activity before proceeding any further.  Have you recently been involved in a life changing event that would attract a demon or poltergeist? You truck might have been involved in something that has caused an attachment? Be sure to sweep your truck (you might have a load of demons riding in the back seat!) Pick up an EMF meter and next time this happens check it out. Who You Gonna call? "GHOST BUSTERS"

k2 EMF Meter For Ghost Hunting

Ghost On Street

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ours was doing this when we first got it. i was going to replace the sensor i thought was bad but, it seems to have fixed its self? has been acting perfectly fine now for about 6 months.

I washed my truck a couple times since then, and it hasn't done it lately.

On 12/6/2018 at 5:47 PM, Dnt said:

You are going to need to check for paranormal activity before proceeding any further.  Have you recently been involved in a life changing event that would attract a demon or poltergeist? You truck might have been involved in something that has caused an attachment? Be sure to sweep your truck (you might have a load of demons riding in the back seat!) Pick up an EMF meter and next time this happens check it out. Who You Gonna call? "GHOST BUSTERS"

k2 EMF Meter For Ghost Hunting

Ghost On Street

Dude, this borderlines on not funny, since I was in a head-on collision, back in July, and the guy, that hit me, died on impact.  It's also bad enough that my wife and kids swear that our NEW house (moved in the week prior to the collision) is haunted.

My 2014 Sierra has started doing this in the past few months. It only does it when it rains which tells me it's sensing the water build up but I don't understand why it all of a sudden began doing this. I have never had an issue with them before now. It is super annoying and almost makes my ears bleed. 

You can shut the sensors off,  a switch on your center console, it automatically  reactivates when you start your vehicle.  The noise can be excruciatingly annoying. If it's happening with your switch in the off position then it's a different problem within the system oh, I had this happen as well and I disconnected my battery and then reconnected and it reset it somehow. And then, the second incident When mine was acting stupid even after I washed it I took a small alcohol pad and clean the lens of the sensors on the front of the truck and that took care of the problem.

• Like 1

mine just started doing this 2014 SLT, (hit -2 outside) Im pretty sure the cold has something to do with it, with mine anyways. as soon as its above 20 it works fine...I shut that thing off for the winter now tho. that sound and alert are very distracting.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:15 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

I washed my truck a couple times since then, and it hasn't done it lately.

I think this is the cause of it. 

Be it inclement weather (heavy snowstorm), cold temperatures, or very very occasionally road grime during a meltdown after a big snowstorm, I will get false readings once in a blue moon. For me it seems normal operation, if you have detectors on the front of a vehicle that rely on radar, you'll get a false positive once in a blue moon. If I can I will clean them off, otherwise I just shut the system off and go about my business. After a night in the (relatively) warm garage, all is new the next time I set off. 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:18 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

Dude, this borderlines on not funny, since I was in a head-on collision, back in July, and the guy, that hit me, died on impact.  It's also bad enough that my wife and kids swear that our NEW house (moved in the week prior to the collision) is haunted.

Calm down snowflake, he was making a joke.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 2017 is doing it as well. Truck should be dry but might be ice in grill melting and running out.  Basically every stop light I slow down at will alert me.  Maybe it is something else and not water.