2015 High Country Seat Shifting Front to Back

I recently purchased a 2015 High Country. After a few days I started noticing the drivers seat shifting front to back under moderate acceleration and a hard stop. It appears the slack is on the track, you can grab the seat at the base and move it approxamatly 1/8 inch front to back. 

I have zero lateral movement or the typical popping. Anyone else expirence this? The dealer tells me this is normal and there is no fix. Claims the only bullitan they have is for lateral movement. Any advice woukd be appreciated. Thanks 

Welcome to the site. Go back and do a more thorough search on the site, there are multiple threads on here about the shifting seat issue and some actual DIY fixes that some people swear worked great. hour upon Hour of reading LOL. 

Back in 2014 my dealer replaced my seat track on mine and it was good after that except for they screwed up the seat heater plus the seat cover and I had to make a couple more trips in to get it back to somewhat like new condition. If I had a 2015 truck that was out of factory warranty I would do the DIY fix and not risk a dealership service department fixing one thing and screwing up another like what happened to me! Luckily mine was all covered under warranty at the time so it just cost me time to mess with taking it in. I will have to say that the seat heater did not seem to function quite as well after they messed with the seat!!! could be my imagination (NOT)     

The PU's are not teh only vehicles to suffer from a shifting seat. I just bought a 2009 Tahoe and the seat in it rocks back and forth. I have looked a it a little and it appears to have some slop in a pivot joint steel rivet in the seat frame. it does not look like there is any easy way to fix it without totally replacing the seat frame which is way too much expense/trouble since it is just an old beater to drive to work. On a 2015 high country PU I would want it fixed for sure. Happy reading/researching.................... 

Edited by Dnt
added info

I was curious so I did a quick google search and ran across this youtube on repairing front to back movement on GM power seats. It does not specify the model years covered so it might be for just the older models? Looked like a pretty detailed video, I would assume that you could at least gather some info on what to look for to pinpoint the exact spot that it is moving?  At the first of the video they mention running the seat all the way back to test it to see if this repair will fix the issue, that is about all that I watched.....Mine is in a pivot point that is part of the up and down track and it is not in the track screw itself. If I let my seat all the way down or all the way up it binds the pivot and does not shift but my comfortable position is in between those extremes LOL. Rock on brother.