SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

Icon has their suspension stuff out for the 2019s. Just saw it on their website.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

They do! Sorry, I wasn’t very clear :) I was referring to coil overs specifically made for 6” lift kits. For example on my Tundra they made a Coilover specifically to go with the ProComp 6” lift and replace the spacer and factory strut.

8 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

running into install issues???

WELL....... Just has been a tad bit of an ordeal

- Lift took dealership 4 days to install

-The Fuel wheels I picked out would not clear the brake caliper, after an hour on the phone with Fuel they gave me 5 options of wheels that would work until they did a wheel design to fit the new Silverados. All of the options did not appeal to me so had to find a different brand.

-Back to the drawing board, found some Moto Metals that I liked and confirmed fitment 

-Installation of first wheel & tire had rubbing against the front splash guard

- I had to go to a Christmas party last night so last I heard the front splash guards were removed and I will see how it looks and if anymore rubbing this morning.

9 hours ago, Big E in TX said:

6” BDS Lift

Fox 2.0 Shocks

35 X 12.5 X 20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

20 X 9 Moto Metal Shift

37A32CA0-8E14-4B87-BB3F-9C4716CE7B95.jpeg

Lookin great! and hopefully finally finished right? That had to of been frustrated working through all of that, I know I would've been frustrated. Ok more questions :) And thanks for being the guinea pig!

Do you know what offset the Fuel wheels were and what offset your Moto Metal wheels are? 

Was it the offset that was the issue with the fitment?

Does your current setup have any rubbing?

Do you know what the length of the BDS strut spacer is?

Did you get Fox shocks front and rear? If front, does it replace the strut spacer or just the factory strut?

Ok I'm done :) , sorry for all the questions, there's just so little info out there with everything being so new haha

22 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

Lookin great! and hopefully finally finished right? That had to of been frustrated working through all of that, I know I would've been frustrated. Ok more questions :) And thanks for being the guinea pig!

Do you know what offset the Fuel wheels were and what offset your Moto Metal wheels are? 

Was it the offset that was the issue with the fitment?

Does your current setup have any rubbing?

Do you know what the length of the BDS strut spacer is?

Did you get Fox shocks front and rear? If front, does it replace the strut spacer or just the factory strut?

Ok I'm done :) , sorry for all the questions, there's just so little info out there with everything being so new haha

Yeah it was a tad frustrating. I made the comment to my wife that this is supposed to be fun and it was wearing me out.

Question 1- The Fuel Vapors I believe had a +1 offset. The 20X9 and 20X10’s were both attempted. To be honest I have no idea on the offset of these Moto Metals.

Question 2- No according to Fuel it is not the offset that was the issue. To make them work I would have had to use a 1/4 inch spacer and when I brought that up to the shops they said they absolutely do not recommend that. Fuel told me that they are aware of the bigger brake issue and plan to redo a lot of their wheels because of it but who knows when they will come out. 

Question 3- I do rub just a tad in reverse when the wheel is cranked pretty far over. My front splash guards had to be removed.

Question 4- Not sure about the length of the strut spacer.

Question 5- I only have Fox shocks on the rear

I am happy to answer the questions, you are absolutely right, hardly any real world info available, only the show type trucks that don’t do daily driving.

I'm a bit surprised it was a wheel problem to be honest. I have 18" Fuel wheels on my AT4, and have no problems with clearance. And I'm at stock ride height.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Big E in TX said:

Yeah it was a tad frustrating. I made the comment to my wife that this is supposed to be fun and it was wearing me out.

Question 1- The Fuel Vapors I believe had a +1 offset. The 20X9 and 20X10’s were both attempted. To be honest I have no idea on the offset of these Moto Metals.

Question 2- No according to Fuel it is not the offset that was the issue. To make them work I would have had to use a 1/4 inch spacer and when I brought that up to the shops they said they absolutely do not recommend that. Fuel told me that they are aware of the bigger brake issue and plan to redo a lot of their wheels because of it but who knows when they will come out. 

Question 3- I do rub just a tad in reverse when the wheel is cranked pretty far over. My front splash guards had to be removed.

Question 4- Not sure about the length of the strut spacer.

Question 5- I only have Fox shocks on the rear

I am happy to answer the questions, you are absolutely right, hardly any real world info available, only the show type trucks that don’t do daily driving.

Ah ok yeah that "kinda" makes sense, I was actually digging into this the last couple days scoping out wheels and different offsets/backspacing. The BDS kit says it requires a 4.5" backspacing. The Fuel wheels you were looking at for these trucks are a 4.75" backspacing which is where the 1/4" spacer would come into play to push it out and effectively create the 4.5" backspace.

The Moto Metal wheels you ended up with have a 4.53" backspace which is why it fit better. I guess they aren't kidding when they say a 4.5" backspace! :/ or less, you could have a 4" backspace as well and it would provide proper clearance. 

I'm not a fan of wheel spacers if you can avoid it, so I think you made the right choice on a different wheel. Sucks you had to go through all of that though, and thanks for answering all my questions. 

Annnnnd I thought of another question, would you say your tires are aligned with the fenders or do they stick out past the fender?

Edited by FirstAscent
  • Like 1