SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

14 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

Annnnnd I thought of another question, would you say your tires are aligned with the fenders or do they stick out past the fender?

Yes I am sticking out about an inch more than I wanted. I wanted to do the 20X9 wheels but it doesn’t look bad. 

I took a picture for you for you to show

6DB19A9A-68C2-4E0A-BE0D-91D7ED5DFD25.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Big E in TX said:

Yes I am sticking out about an inch more than I wanted. I wanted to do the 20X9 wheels but it doesn’t look bad. 

6DB19A9A-68C2-4E0A-BE0D-91D7ED5DFD25.jpeg

Thanks for the pic, I think it looks great and with lifted trucks the wider stance is my preference. so it gets my vote :)

6DB19A9A-68C2-4E0A-BE0D-91D7ED5DFD25.thumb.jpeg.b0401337ee7e63b41b831ac18bf7b3f1.jpeg

The kit itself does NOT increase track width though correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

The kit itself does NOT increase track width though correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the kit does not give a wider stance. With stock tires & rims on, they were still sitting in the same place as stock.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big E in TX said:

No the kit does not give a wider stance. With stock tires & rims on, they were still sitting in the same place as stock.

Your truck looks nice! Do you think you could have ran a 35" tire on the stock wheels with your lift kit?

32 minutes ago, Big Whiskey said:

Your truck looks nice! Do you think you could have ran a 35" tire on the stock wheels with your lift kit?

I appreciate the compliment.

you know that is a great question, IF I didn’t have an agenda for the stock wheels & tires and not wanted to do a black wheel then yes, I do believe that I could have wrapped the stock wheels with 35’s and rolled like that. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 8:37 PM, KA0S said:

I'm a bit surprised it was a wheel problem to be honest. I have 18" Fuel wheels on my AT4, and have no problems with clearance. And I'm at stock ride height.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

What type of Fuel rims? They told me the Mavericks would fit and just a small selection of 3 others, but they did not appeal to me. 

On 12/15/2018 at 11:29 AM, Big E in TX said:

6” BDS Lift

Fox 2.0 Shocks

35 X 12.5 X 20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

20 X 9 Moto Metal Shift

37A32CA0-8E14-4B87-BB3F-9C4716CE7B95.jpeg

Looks great!  I can't wait until they offer some lift kits for the Trail Boss.

On 12/15/2018 at 9:37 PM, KA0S said:

I'm a bit surprised it was a wheel problem to be honest. I have 18" Fuel wheels on my AT4, and have no problems with clearance. And I'm at stock ride height.

It really depends on the angle of the spokes on the rim.  I am running a different Moto 20 x 9 wheel and they clear no problem.  The calipers on these 19s are much larger than the previous gen.

It really depends on the angle of the spokes on the rim.  I am running a different Moto 20 x 9 wheel and they clear no problem.  The calipers on these 19s are much larger than the previous gen.
I agree.

I have the Fuel Mavericks, but they gave me a handful of options for choices.

Glad you found some that work!

5 hours ago, z1boss said:

That brings up a question I had, @Big E in TX, do you know what specifically didn't work out with your original wheels? Was the wheel touching the caliper or the tie rod end, or something else?

On 12/18/2018 at 2:12 PM, FirstAscent said:

That brings up a question I had, @Big E in TX, do you know what specifically didn't work out with your original wheels? Was the wheel touching the caliper or the tie rod end, or something else?

The wheel was touching the calipers and would not spin. 

• Like 1