SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

2 hours ago, NuggZ7 said:

Big E- the back fit fine, the front needed 1/4” spacers. These are the 10” with -18 offset, they only stick out about ~1.5”. Really happy with the set up. BDS came out with their lists the day my lift was getting installed. 

Since a 1/4" is fairly small I'm assuming you were able to still use the stock studs, there were still enough threads for the lug nuts?

On 12/31/2018 at 9:50 AM, rcman989 said:
Good info here on the BDS kit:

Nice video. Thanks for the post.

I still haven't seen anyone do anything in an AT4 as far as manufacturers go. And in the install instructions, BDS say the 6" is not for Trail Boss or AT4.

The GM dealer I got my truck from, won't install on any TBs or AT4s because of this.

The guy also says different wheel fitment than what the website says.

Pretty frustrating that there's so much contradicting info.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Edited by KA0S

9 minutes ago, KA0S said:

Nice video. Thanks for the post.

I still haven't seen anyone do anything in an ATF as far as manufacturers go. And in the install instructions, BDS say the 6" is not for Trail Boss or AT4.

The GM dealer I got my truck from, won't install on any TBs or AT4s because of this.

The guy also says different wheel fitment than what the website says.

Pretty frustrating that there's so much contradicting info.

This how it was with me when I looked around until my Chevy dealer recommended me the setup I have now which I’m very happy with. Ended up doing 6” pro comp with hostiles wheels 22x12 -44 with 35/12.50R22 Nitto Trail Grapplers. 

• Like 1

This how it was with me when I looked around until my Chevy dealer recommended me the setup I have now which I’m very happy with. Ended up doing 6” pro comp with hostiles wheels 22x12 -44 with 35/12.50R22 Nitto Trail Grapplers. 
Yeah.

Basically the dealer I spoke with, won't touch BDS right now for the 19 TB and AT4, because it explicitly says the kit is not made for those models. They won't warranty it or anything.

They are all good with the previous kits and models though.

3 minutes ago, KA0S said:

Yeah.

Basically the dealer I spoke with, won't touch BDS right now for the 19 TB and AT4, because it explicitly says the kit is not made for those models. They won't warranty it or anything.

They are all good with the previous kits and models though.

Are you only looking into BDS? Rough country I believe also makes one and Pro comp.

Are you only looking into BDS? Rough country I believe also makes one and Pro comp.
Most of the GM dealers here in Canada deal exclusively with BDS and Zone, due to their warranty. They are comfortable installing and keeping the warranty on the work and the original truck warranty, because of the backing they get from the manufacturer.

So I was looking to install BDS. That being said, I don't necessarily want a 6" lift. I'd prefer a 4", but they aren't out yet.

Little update regarding the BDS Lift NOT being compatible with the AT4 and TB...

I wrote BDS asking specifically what the reason behind this stipulation in their fitment notes...This was their reply..

"Both of those trim models come from Chevy 2 inches higher than a base trim truck. That being said, we have not test fitted a kit for these as the geometry from the factory is different on the at4 and trail boss"

Less than helpful if you ask me....

So I wrote back asking specifically if the stock lift parts were removed, would the lift then fit...No reply yet.

49 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

For those of you with a 6" lift and larger tires (preferable 35's) how much of a loss in MPG are you currently noticing? And how does the stock gearing feel afterwards?

On my 6.2 I used to get 18 to 19mpg after my 6” lift and 22x12 with 35s I now get 11.4mpg

• Like 2

I am searching for a 3-ish" kit for my 2019 Sierra (6" is probably going to be too much for me).  Does anyone have any specific thoughts on either of these?  I am not sure what the biggest pro/con would be using traditional ball joints vs uniballs (I presume better angles with the uniballs?).  This will be my first kit, so I am not sure how good/reputable Fabtech is.  I won't be running the truck or kit through the wringer, but I'd like for the kit to be solid when needed.

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product-category/chevy-gmc/4wd/k1500/2019-gm-1500-4wd/3-5-inch-systems-2019/ball-joint-uca/

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product-category/chevy-gmc/4wd/k1500/2019-gm-1500-4wd/3-5-inch-systems-2019/uniball-uca/

Looking at one of the installation guides, this doesn't look too difficult to install and nearly zero hacking/cutting involved (I guess that's the be expected with a 3.5" lift?).  What I am wondering is if the new steering knuckle design helps address some of the 'bad' suspension angles from previous years, or if these kits will still cause premature wear/failure of ball joints.