SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

I just did mine with a pro comp 6inch lift. My wheel setup is 22x12 -44 offset and tire size 35/12.50R22 minor trimming done

Are you rubbing anywhere after the minor trimming on the x12’s? Do you know roughly where they trimmed? I’m assuming both front bumper and mad flap?

7 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

Are you rubbing anywhere after the minor trimming on the x12’s? Do you know roughly where they trimmed? I’m assuming both front bumper and mad flap?

I only rub when I turn a full left and that’s slightly the mud flap was kept. They did trim the inner side of the mud flap a bit because tire would rub but there was no bumper trimming. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanHc said:

I only rub when I turn a full left and that’s slightly the mud flap was kept. They did trim the inner side of the mud flap a bit because tire would rub but there was no bumper trimming. 

Thanks Dan! Nice to know they only had to trim the mud flap. I'm hopefully going to order wheels soon once I make up my mind on style and size haha. Was going to do 20x10 but now considering 22x10 or 22x12. I like the tires to stick out past the fender but not sure if I want the x10 or x12. I had the pocket style fender flares on my tundra and really liked it and my tires stuck out about an inch or two past the fender flare. and I feel like if I ever did that on the Silverado then I'd definitely want x12's. I have yet to see a new Silverado with fender flares to see what it looks like though. decisions decisions. 

Once I pick out a wheel then I'll be ordering the BDS 6" lift. 

13 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

@DanHc If you get a chance could get a pic of where you're rubbing on your mud flap? I'd like to see how much they trimmed so far and where it's rubbing on it so I can decide what width to go with :) 

Not sure if you can tell but its very minor trimming the mud flap did get trimmed though. You can also notice a bit of rubbing but it’s only when I do a full left.

1377E0F9-C361-45E3-9A91-8B451E8117FE.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 8:29 AM, Big E in TX said:

6” BDS Lift

Fox 2.0 Shocks

35 X 12.5 X 20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

20 X 9 Moto Metal Shift

37A32CA0-8E14-4B87-BB3F-9C4716CE7B95.jpeg

@Big E in TX I'm hoping you can confirm something for me :) Can you please measure the height of the front strut spacer (I've heard it's 5.5" or 6") and also the height of the rear block in the rear (I believe it's 5")? I really need these measurements for something I'm working on and I've heard different numbers so looking for someone to physically confirm haha. 

19 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

@Big E in TX I'm hoping you can confirm something for me :) Can you please measure the height of the front strut spacer (I've heard it's 5.5" or 6") and also the height of the rear block in the rear (I believe it's 5")? I really need these measurements for something I'm working on and I've heard different numbers so looking for someone to physically confirm haha. 

@FirstAscent The height of the rear block is 5” and the height of the front strut spacer is 6”

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 9:36 AM, DanHc said:

I removed my front 2 mud flaps and like @DanHc I only rub when I crank it all the way left while reversing. 

46 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

Seems like depending on the brand the measurements may differ I have the 6” pro comp and mine measures roughly 6 in the front and roughly 5 in the back but not exactly seems like pro comp just rounds up.

@DanHc Thanks for providing your info as well! I'll be doing the BDS lift so just wanted to make sure I had those measurements. I figured each brand would be pretty close to the same though!

@Big E in TX Thanks! turns out I need some more information as well, I asked BDS but they only gave me the strut spacer length but what I really need is the measurement from the top of the strut spacer mounting place to the center of the bottom eyelet of the strut when it is at full droop/extension (so wheels hanging in the air). I realize this isn't as easy since someone will need to lift the truck in the air so the wheels can hang down, I'm going to call around some shops out of state who have installed a bunch of these as well to try and get measurements.

But if you find yourself with your truck in the air or on a lift etc please take some more measurements for me :) 

On 1/2/2019 at 1:29 PM, KA0S said:

Nice video. Thanks for the post.

I still haven't seen anyone do anything in an AT4 as far as manufacturers go. And in the install instructions, BDS say the 6" is not for Trail Boss or AT4.

The GM dealer I got my truck from, won't install on any TBs or AT4s because of this.

The guy also says different wheel fitment than what the website says.

Pretty frustrating that there's so much contradicting info.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Fabtech and Rough Country both released their “4” inch lift kits specifically for the AT4 and trailboss.  “4” because it lifts it 4, but it sits like a 6 inch. Fabtech said they’re not going to release just a level, rough country said later in the year... not sure what ready lift will provide. The 6 inch lift isn’t a option for me. So I guess I keep waiting. 

Edited by DanielGlauser

Fabtech and Rough Country both released their “4” inch lift kits specifically for the AT4 and trailboss.  “4” because it lifts it 4, but it sits like a 6 inch. Fabtech said they’re not going to release just a level, rough country said later in the year... not sure what ready lift will provide. The 6 inch lift isn’t a option for me. So I guess I keep waiting. 
I'm in the same boat. I don't want to be in a huge lift. We will see what Zone and BDS release for the AT4...

7 minutes ago, KA0S said:

I'm in the same boat. I don't want to be in a huge lift. We will see what Zone and BDS release for the AT4...

At this point I don’t even care who’s coming out with it. Whoever releases either a 2 inch level or a 3/1 lift gets my business lol. 

• Like 1

At this point I don’t even care who’s coming out with it. Whoever releases either a 2 inch level or a 3/1 lift gets my business lol. 
I'd prefer Zone or BDS personally. Only because GM works with them and warranty everything due to the lift manufacturers warranty.