The cooler behind the grille. Included are nice machined brackets that straddle the "A frame" of the core support, it takes up the full length of the grille and fits nicely even with active grille shutters.

IMG_6220.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Putting up the idea of Powder coating the Skid plate to add some contrast to the front of the truck as well as removing the front tube.

If anyone might be interested in the tube bumper to go with their skid plate let me know 

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, jgraves13 said:

Can the bar be used without the skid plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With some trimming of the plastic valence I don't see why not. Or if you removed it completely you could run it that way also

Hey man truck looks good! I just bought the skid plate from SDHQ, and I ordered the powder coated black one but they sent me the metal one, but I have 2 questions...

1. My truck is black, I’m looking at coating the skid plate with line x, is it okay to do it to the bare metal or do I need to prep the skis plate (scuff it) for better adhesion?

2. I took off the tow hooks and did cut the bolt for the driver side tow hooks, but is that bolt required in the reinstall of the skid plate without the tow hooks, or do I need to purchase a new bolt?

any advice helps, thank you so much 

13 hours ago, Dsablose said:

Hey man truck looks good! I just bought the skid plate from SDHQ, and I ordered the powder coated black one but they sent me the metal one, but I have 2 questions...

1. My truck is black, I’m looking at coating the skid plate with line x, is it okay to do it to the bare metal or do I need to prep the skis plate (scuff it) for better adhesion?

2. I took off the tow hooks and did cut the bolt for the driver side tow hooks, but is that bolt required in the reinstall of the skid plate without the tow hooks, or do I need to purchase a new bolt?

any advice helps, thank you so much 

Thank you I really appreciate it ! As far as the skid plate mix up I spoke with the online dept. this morning to make sure that you were getting taken care of. I really apologize about that...  

If you're coating it yourself if you bring it to a bedliner or powder coat place they will do any of the prep work needed to make sure it will stick

If you cut the bolt you won't have to remove the bumper, but you will have to purchase a new bolt to replace it because it is required to re-install the tow hook. Its a M12-1.75 X 120mm bolt 

On 5/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, BIGRED811 said:

Thank you I really appreciate it ! As far as the skid plate mix up I spoke with the online dept. this morning to make sure that you were getting taken care of. I really apologize about that...  

If you're coating it yourself if you bring it to a bedliner or powder coat place they will do any of the prep work needed to make sure it will stick

If you cut the bolt you won't have to remove the bumper, but you will have to purchase a new bolt to replace it because it is required to re-install the tow hook. Its a M12-1.75 X 120mm bolt 

So I got my skid plate and engine plate prepped, actually used spray bed liner and it looks really good. The only issue I’m having is cutting the lower frame brackets. I used my Milwaukee 4.5” cut off wheel but apparently it’s not working. What size cut off wheel did you use? I assume 5” or bigger would suffice. 

15 hours ago, Dsablose said:

So I got my skid plate and engine plate prepped, actually used spray bed liner and it looks really good. The only issue I’m having is cutting the lower frame brackets. I used my Milwaukee 4.5” cut off wheel but apparently it’s not working. What size cut off wheel did you use? I assume 5” or bigger would suffice. 

The main thing you want to cut off is the welds around the bracket but don't cut into the frame itself, I cut more into the bracket and knocked it off with a large hammer once the majority of the welds were cut. From there went back and cut off/ground down the rest of the welds once the bracket was off. 

This was using a 3" disk-

Also recommend touching up the frame around where you grind with a spray paint to prevent rusting.

Let me know if you have any questions !