engine stop start

46 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

How many of you guys that actually drive a 2019 GM truck still hate this? My understanding is the system is a lot better than most older ones. 

I don't hate it and I've pretty much gotten used to it.  About the only time I disable it is when I'm in heavy stop & go traffic.

Edited by RAYS B4U
clarify

I don't hate it. Strong dislike. Still trying to get in the habit of hitting the button after starting. Slow learner.  I would disable hood switch if this is a cure and it doesn't affect anything else. I've got 2100 miles.

I don't think it's that bad, I usually turn it off if I remember but if I don't it's not that big of deal. Don't really notice it much if I do forget. Don't really understand what the big deal about it is.

1 hour ago, starman8tdc said:

I would probably run a toggle switch on it. 

You would run a toggle switch to turn off the start stop feature? Why not just use the toggle switch from the factory and turn it off each time 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Shawnr487 said:

You would run a toggle switch to turn off the start stop feature?  Why not just use the toggle switch from the factory and turn it off each time 

I think that comment would apply to the original question more than it would apply to my toggle switch idea.  No?

Edited by starman8tdc

The idea is to shut the option off, without permanently disabling it. Removing the hood switch is not a great option, because when you go to sell the truck in 10 years, that feature doesn't work - and you misplaced the hood switch years ago. Now your trying to explain to the buyer why stuff doesn't work, or paying dealer prices for a hard to find part. With the toggle switch, each driver can have a choice and each owner can have a choice - without having to fix stuff or turn an annoying feature off each time they start the rig. 

Plus switches are cool. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

3 hours ago, starman8tdc said:

The idea is to shut the option off, without permanently disabling it. Removing the hood switch is not a great option, because when you go to sell the truck in 10 years, that feature doesn't work - and you misplaced the hood switch years ago. Now your trying to explain to the buyer why stuff doesn't work, or paying dealer prices for a hard to find part. With the toggle switch, each driver can have a choice and each owner can have a choice - without having to fix stuff or turn an annoying feature off each time they start the rig. 

Plus switches are cool. 

Ummmm,  Starman, the small bit you are missing is that there is already a factory installed switch on the center stack of the dashboard.