engine stop start

Sounds like a great idea if you want to change your starter every two years. I would think a V8 uses more gas to start an engine than it does to idle for 15 seconds? As it richens the A/F ratio and over-fuels momentarily to get things running. With this added technology, V1 cylinder deactivation mode, and losing 400lbs, the T1's are still burning more gas than the outgoing K2. Up to 1mpg loses for the new truck. 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:12 PM, J-man67 said:

It's on the hood latch? I don't care where it is... I'd disable it.  I fuggin despise that system.  My fiancée's new Wrangler has it and I hate it!

Here's a video on how to disable on the JL Wrangler that takes less than a minute and costs nothing.  Just need to unplug one of the the hood latch wires.  Did it on mine and issue resolved.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/disabling-electronic-start-stop.11032/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Here's a video on how to disable on the JL Wrangler that takes less than a minute and costs nothing.  Just need to unplug one of the the hood latch wires.  Did it on mine and issue resolved.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/disabling-electronic-start-stop.11032/
Thanks, but she won't let me. She swears it saves fuel. To me it causes premature wear, starter burn out, and waste fuel like mentioned above. I think it's a gimmick feature to satisfy CAFE and EPA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Full disclosure: I like the Start Stop and it Does save Gas!  With that said, I just don't see what the big deal is?  You have a switch to turn it off.  If you forget and are coming to a stop, it will disengage after the stop if you slightly lift on the brake pedal or touch the gas pedal.  I prefer to let it do it job but, that's just me!

Edited by DougFL
spell

38 minutes ago, j-ten-ner said:

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

Maybe they will come up with a device for the GM trucks as well.

Good thing about it is that it can be turned on or off as you like it.

You want it off, great. And the wify can turn it back on.

so long

j-ten-ner

Range Technologies has it for our trucks,  Won't be long until their unit can shut off the DFM also.

Edited by O Town Denali

3 hours ago, towdog333 said:

I'll tell you what bothers me the most is when you get out your truck and you let it idle while your doing something and it double shorts beeps of the horn . 

that will happen if the key fob is in your pocket and you walk away with the engine running. it will also honk when you shut your door with the key fob left in the truck. you can change that in your settings.