New member, owner with questions and a pic

New member here from the Pittsburgh area.  Traded in my 2011 Ford F-150, Lariat supercrew 5.5 bed on a new 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali crew with 6.6 bed.

I am still getting used to the differences between them but really like the GMC so far.  I do have several questions that I can’t find an answer to.  They are as follows:

1.  Will the remotes automatically change seat positions when unlocking the doors?  On my Ford, as soon as you opened it the seats would adjust to that remote’s saved settings.  It seems like the seats won’t change in my GMC until you actually start it.  Fine for my wife but not for me if she’s driven it last and I can’t hardly get in at that point.

2.  Do the front parking sensors activate the seat feedback or chime?  I can’t seem to get them to or maybe I’m just not close enough.

3.  My truck has the factory spray in bed liner.  Has anyone put in a bed rug or rubber mat over it?  Seems like things would slide around a lot with the spray in liner but since is the first one I’ve had I’d like opinions.

Finally here’s a pic of it.  Not as clean as I’d like so it only got the car wash and not hand wash since it’s so cold out.

A7136482-2FD5-4A82-9725-15717C536DC4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BillK01 said:

New member here from the Pittsburgh area.  Traded in my 2011 Ford F-150, Lariat supercrew 5.5 bed on a new 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali crew with 6.6 bed.

I am still getting used to the differences between them but really like the GMC so far.  I do have several questions that I can’t find an answer to.  They are as follows:

1.  Will the remotes automatically change seat positions when unlocking the doors?  On my Ford, as soon as you opened it the seats would adjust to that remote’s saved settings.  It seems like the seats won’t change in my GMC until you actually start it.  Fine for my wife but not for me if she’s driven it last and I can’t hardly get in at that point.

2.  Do the front parking sensors activate the seat feedback or chime?  I can’t seem to get them to or maybe I’m just not close enough.

3.  My truck has the factory spray in bed liner.  Has anyone put in a bed rug or rubber mat over it?  Seems like things would slide around a lot with the spray in liner but since is the first one I’ve had I’d like opinions.

Finally here’s a pic of it.  Not as clean as I’d like so it only got the car wash and not hand wash since it’s so cold out.

A7136482-2FD5-4A82-9725-15717C536DC4.jpeg

I cant answer your questons but nice truck welcome to the GM club, heres mine

20181204_165853.jpg

A7136482-2FD5-4A82-9725-15717C536DC4.thumb.jpeg.af501512ea771e684488d2adf4b3d634.jpeg

1: should change seat positions when you start it depending on the remote

2: seat should vibrate and chime

3: i have the GM spray in also, buy the rug and see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A7136482-2FD5-4A82-9725-15717C536DC4.thumb.jpeg.af501512ea771e684488d2adf4b3d634.jpeg
The seat doesn't move until you start it. You have a exit button that you need to program and turn on that will move the seat into the exit position when you turn the trick off.

The chime and vibrate are controlled under your vehicle settings in the setting menu from the touch screen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What others said!

I have the spray liner and the GM rubber bed mat in my truck. Normally the mat does help a little from keeping things from sliding around (within reason) and adds a little extra dent protection. I like my setup. However, I cleaned my bed mat before it got cold here and was a dummy and put 303 Aerospace Protectant on it, so now it’s slick as ice. Not one of my better decisions! It’s getting better but it’ll take time for that stuff to dry out. I won’t be doing that again. [emoji6]

As stated above, the rubber bed mat is a good choice. I have that setup in my 2018.

As for your seats, my 2003  worked as has been stated above. I understand your position (pun intended) as my wife's fob had her much closer to the wheel.

Good luck. 

The seat doesn't move until you start it. You have a exit button that you need to program and turn on that will move the seat into the exit position when you turn the trick off.

The chime and vibrate are controlled under your vehicle settings in the setting menu from the touch screen.

Button pictured set the easy exit setting where you put the seat and the other is where to find the settings under Vehicle in the settings. 03f8759c4272c2678fba1311a57661f2.jpg3549b9a8923a976aa5edf1d7caff8b3c.jpg

Thanks all!  I just programmed the exit position the same as my position 1,so it should be good now.  

It’s funny how they are all different.  The Ford moved the seat as soon as you unlock with whatever fob while my wife’s Toyota Highlander moves the seat as soon as you open the door and now the GMC doesn’t move until you use the key.  

Personally i think that’s one thing Ford has right over both of them.

17 minutes ago, BillK01 said:

Thanks all!  I just programmed the exit position the same as my position 1,so it should be good now.  

It’s funny how they are all different.  The Ford moved the seat as soon as you unlock with whatever fob while my wife’s Toyota Highlander moves the seat as soon as you open the door and now the GMC doesn’t move until you use the key.  

Unfortunately being a diehard gm fan i believe youre correct, fords set up is better, whoa that felt wrong to compliment the "F" word lol

25 minutes ago, BillK01 said:

My 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 was like you described your Ford. My 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 is the same as yours, which I prefer. Our Lexus RX 350 is the same as the 2018 Sierra, so it sort of spoiled me. On the 15 it started moving when opening the door and found myself "climbing" in. Another reason I like the movement on start is that if you are in and out without locking/unlocking on my 15 the seat would not move. At least with 18 it will withe a cycle start. Easy exit for my is 2 fold (easy exit / east enter). 

Another difference I have noticed between the 15/18 is how the memory recall bottom works. On the 15 I could hit it once and it would move the seat fully to remember position. On the 18 I have to hold the button until it has fully moved. 

4 minutes ago, Blue5.3l said:

Nice truck. Your lucky that fits in your garage. That combo is really hard to find in my area. 

Thanks.  I actually have about a foot behind and maybe 3 feet in front (there’s a workbench there now).  My old F150 barely fit because of the lift on it but was much shorter with the 5.5 bed so there was lots more room in front and behind.

I HATED the 5.5 bed with the burning intensity of a thousand suns and vowed I’d never have a bed shorter than 6 1/2 again.  As a result I had to trek to Calcutta, Ohio to get this one as the 6 1/2 bed option is also tough to find in my immediate area too.

• Like 2

I

16 hours ago, BillK01 said:

You are finding some good answers here but I would also suggest you take the time to read your manual.  It is an easy read and you will find some tips and features that you may not discover on your own.  Most of us give the manual a quick skim but not actually read for detail.  Try it and I'm confident you will discover something else you didn't know!