Tire size suggestions and pics on AT4/Trail Boss

8 minutes ago, z1boss said:

Honestly, it will probably be flush or barely sticking out with the fender.  My 12.5 wide tire is sticking out about 1 inch and that tire is only 11 wide so .75 inch less wide on each side.  Do u want absolutely no rub or are you trying to run a wider tire and dont mind a very slight rub like me cuz it is the slightest rub and only at full lock.

20181109_112343.jpg

I want something that will look good with fender flares 

7 minutes ago, Trailboss19 said:

I want something that will look good with fender flares 

Lol then its gonna rub in order to stick out that much, unless you level it.  They do make a 285/60 and 295/60 which may or may not rub.  They also make a 305/55 like mine in the Ridge Grappler that is 12.44 wide and should stick out close to mine.  From an angle(see below pic) mine look like they stick out a lot more than they do from directly from the front so that size would look good with the fender flares.  Up to you, but like I said my rubbing is very minimal and it doesn't bother me personally at all. 

20181202_152648.jpg

Edited by z1boss

19 minutes ago, z1boss said:

Lol then its gonna rub in order to stick out that much, unless you level it.  They do make a 285/60 and 295/60 which may or may not rub.  They also make a 305/55 like mine in the Ridge Grappler that is 12.44 wide and should stick out close to mine.  From an angle(see below pic) mine look like they stick out a lot more than they do from directly from the front so that size would look good with the fender flares.  Up to you, but like I said my rubbing is very minimal and it doesn't bother me personally at all. 

20181202_152648.jpg

Is there a good leveling kit for the trail boss

3 minutes ago, Trailboss19 said:

Is there a good leveling kit for the trail boss

There is no official kit yet for the Trail Boss but some have used the Motofab 1.5 inch level with no issues so far.  Angles look okay from the pictures they have posted.

3 hours ago, 21STCMC said:

What are you guys doing for the editing of the stock calibration for the taller size tires?

The taller tire without reprogramming should make the truck short shift resulting in the

RPM the truck shifts at being lower

the dealership can typically reprogram for larger tire sizes

4 hours ago, 21STCMC said:

What are you guys doing for the editing of the stock calibration for the taller size tires?

The taller tire without reprogramming should make the truck short shift resulting in the

RPM the truck shifts at being lower

I have not reprogrammed at all and have not noticed any issues at all.  I did calculate it and it is off 1 mph for every 30 so if it says 30, I'm going 31.

• 3 weeks later...

Just put Nitto Grappler G2s on my 2019 Sierra SLT this weekend 285/65/20 on factory rims to replace the original 275/60/20.  Really fills up wheelwell better as it is 1.6 inch more in diameter.  Really like my stance now with the GM Accessories lift (aka Trailboss/AT4 Lift) and Rough Country 2 inch leveling lift. 

85619854-3DCA-4B65-A806-DB588E133E7E.jpeg

• Like 2

Has anyone tried putting 33x12.5x20 tires on the stock AT4 wheels yet? I'm about to buy an AT4 and I'm going to work the Nitto Ridge Grapplers into the deal. Any modifications? They are roughly the same diameter as the stock tires but they are about 1.5" wider.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Scooter Scott said:

If I'm seeing this right...on a stock AT4, using stock wheels, I can fit a 275/65/20...and anything bigger will probably rub?

I test drove an AT4 recently. During the test drive we stopped at 4 wheel parts. They came out and measured some stuff while I turned the wheel back and forth and proclaimed they were confident 275/65r20 would fit. 

Of course i am going to push my luck and try to fit a hair wider - 285/70r18 (I like the look on the 18” wheels better) when my truck comes in