Thoughts on price *Updated details*

Wanted to see if I could get some opinions on a price for a certified truck.  Local Chevy dealer has a certified '18 Sierra SLT with the 6.2 4wd.  Car fax showing 2 owners, traded in around 19k and now has about 32k miles. They are asking $41k, getting closed to end of the year.  Pretty interested in this truck, do you think a stretch to possible get this think down the $37-$38k price if I bring them a check no financing through GM?

I am in Georgia also. Just curious if anyone has tracked values of used 15+'s

Edited by Luke Martin

Why don't you buy a brand new?
The 2018 SLTs with premium package are listed starting at $37K and with premium plus package, at $42K.

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&model=Sierra%201500&year=2018&trim=Crew%20Cab%20Short%20Box%204-Wheel%20Drive%20SLT&sort=salePrice%7Casc

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Luke Martin said:

Wanted to see if I could get some opinions on a price for a certified truck.  Local Chevy dealer has a certified '18 Sierra SLT with the 6.2 4wd.  Car fax showing 2 owners, traded in around 19k and now has about 32k miles. They are asking $41k, getting closed to end of the year.  Pretty interested in this truck, do you think a stretch to possible get this think down the $37-$38k price if I bring them a check no financing through GM?

I am in Georgia also. Just curious if anyone has tracked values of used 15+'s

2 owners already on an 18? 32000 miles, not much warranty left, and that is a lot of money for  a soon to be 3 owner truck. I would look at new, the dealership makes more money on financing than your cash offer, so they probably will not budge on price. Never hurts to try though.....

4 minutes ago, filipe1987 said:

Why don't you buy a brand new?
The 2018 SLTs with premium package are listed starting at $37K and with premium plus package, at $42K.

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&model=Sierra%201500&year=2018&trim=Crew%20Cab%20Short%20Box%204-Wheel%20Drive%20SLT&sort=salePrice%7Casc

Wow not seeing any deals like that here...but noticed it does say take delivery.  If I don't find one local is it common to buy out of state and ship not sure what kind of charges that would look like.

4 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

2 owners already on an 18? 32000 miles, not much warranty left, and that is a lot of money for  a soon to be 3 owner truck. I would look at new, the dealership makes more money on financing than your cash offer, so they probably will not budge on price. Never hurts to try though.....

3rd owner is kind of a concern to me....but If I was going to custom tune and figure I'd be getting screwed by GM anyways might be a better deal to go 2017 or 2018 used.  

Best I've seen on new SLT with discounts posted online is around here is around $45k.  Also getting hard to find, I'm seeing a ton of Denali's but not many SLTs left.  If I could scoop up a new for under $40k I'd jump on that.  Longer the month goes on better they maybe willing to negotiate down that way.  Trucks seem to fetch a premium here in North GA.

5 minutes ago, Luke Martin said:

3rd owner is kind of a concern to me....but If I was going to custom tune and figure I'd be getting screwed by GM anyways might be a better deal to go 2017 or 2018 used.  

Used can be good, but new can be better for warranty and financing (overall price). See if your local dealer can "dealer trade" for a new one that you like. Just because it is new does not mean you can not tune it, sounds like you know the consequences, and with new you would know how the engine in broken in and maintained.

Wow not seeing any deals like that here...but noticed it does say take delivery.  If I don't find one local is it common to buy out of state and ship not sure what kind of charges that would look like.
From what I've heard, some people do all the negotiations by phone, fly there, and come back driving.

I'm planning to buy my SLT this month, just waiting they drop a little more.

I've found similar deals here in Arkansas.

Maybe if you show this deal to your local dealer, they may match the price, who knows.

4 minutes ago, Luke Martin said:

Best I've seen on new SLT with discounts posted online is around here is around $45k.  Also getting hard to find, I'm seeing a ton of Denali's but not many SLTs left.  If I could scoop up a new for under $40k I'd jump on that.  Longer the month goes on better they maybe willing to negotiate down that way.  Trucks seem to fetch a premium here in North GA.

Dealers can do trades from other states, if they have a good working relationship with the other dealers. My truck came from Montana and I live in Washington. They put it on a flatbed and brought it here with no charge to me. Local dealer had to give up a fully loaded HD Duramax to make it work.

Edited by JimCost2014

I always buy out of state. Sounds crazy or illegal even but trucks( also other cars) are cheaper else where. Buddy's construction buys there 70-100k trucks out of texas. I have ran vins and seen the price change based on what dealer zip I use. And I may have bought a chevy brand new from a GMC dealer. It was after hours and they did a oil change service invoice to make it look on par. My truck now was under investigation in my state, before they would release title. 2016 with 3800miles every option $50k truck for $18500 cash sale. And before that a fully loaded LTZ crew cab 4x4, state treasurer investigated that one. All legal and cleared quickly. Just saying there are deals to be had.

Thanks Folks, I used to buy ATVs up in TN new because a better deal, not sure why didn't think same about truck.  The Albertville dealer is only 140 miles from me too, so that's nothing.  Will broaden up the search range.
I've bought 2 from Howard Bentley in Albertville over the last 2 years. And they definitely beat the deal you found.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk