Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Luke Martin

Thoughts on price *Updated details*

Recommended Posts

Wanted to see if I could get some opinions on a price for a certified truck.  Local Chevy dealer has a certified '18 Sierra SLT with the 6.2 4wd.  Car fax showing 2 owners, traded in around 19k and now has about 32k miles. They are asking $41k, getting closed to end of the year.  Pretty interested in this truck, do you think a stretch to possible get this think down the $37-$38k price if I bring them a check no financing through GM?

 

I am in Georgia also. Just curious if anyone has tracked values of used 15+'s

Edited by Luke Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you buy a brand new?
The 2018 SLTs with premium package are listed starting at $37K and with premium plus package, at $42K.

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&model=Sierra%201500&year=2018&trim=Crew%20Cab%20Short%20Box%204-Wheel%20Drive%20SLT&sort=salePrice%7Casc

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Luke Martin said:

Wanted to see if I could get some opinions on a price for a certified truck.  Local Chevy dealer has a certified '18 Sierra SLT with the 6.2 4wd.  Car fax showing 2 owners, traded in around 19k and now has about 32k miles. They are asking $41k, getting closed to end of the year.  Pretty interested in this truck, do you think a stretch to possible get this think down the $37-$38k price if I bring them a check no financing through GM?

 

I am in Georgia also. Just curious if anyone has tracked values of used 15+'s

2 owners already on an 18? 32000 miles, not much warranty left, and that is a lot of money for  a soon to be 3 owner truck. I would look at new, the dealership makes more money on financing than your cash offer, so they probably will not budge on price. Never hurts to try though.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, filipe1987 said:

Why don't you buy a brand new?
The 2018 SLTs with premium package are listed starting at $37K and with premium plus package, at $42K.

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&model=Sierra%201500&year=2018&trim=Crew%20Cab%20Short%20Box%204-Wheel%20Drive%20SLT&sort=salePrice%7Casc

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
 

Wow not seeing any deals like that here...but noticed it does say take delivery.  If I don't find one local is it common to buy out of state and ship not sure what kind of charges that would look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

2 owners already on an 18? 32000 miles, not much warranty left, and that is a lot of money for  a soon to be 3 owner truck. I would look at new, the dealership makes more money on financing than your cash offer, so they probably will not budge on price. Never hurts to try though.....

3rd owner is kind of a concern to me....but If I was going to custom tune and figure I'd be getting screwed by GM anyways might be a better deal to go 2017 or 2018 used.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best I've seen on new SLT with discounts posted online is around here is around $45k.  Also getting hard to find, I'm seeing a ton of Denali's but not many SLTs left.  If I could scoop up a new for under $40k I'd jump on that.  Longer the month goes on better they maybe willing to negotiate down that way.  Trucks seem to fetch a premium here in North GA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luke Martin said:

3rd owner is kind of a concern to me....but If I was going to custom tune and figure I'd be getting screwed by GM anyways might be a better deal to go 2017 or 2018 used.  

Used can be good, but new can be better for warranty and financing (overall price). See if your local dealer can "dealer trade" for a new one that you like. Just because it is new does not mean you can not tune it, sounds like you know the consequences, and with new you would know how the engine in broken in and maintained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wow not seeing any deals like that here...but noticed it does say take delivery.  If I don't find one local is it common to buy out of state and ship not sure what kind of charges that would look like.
From what I've heard, some people do all the negotiations by phone, fly there, and come back driving.

I'm planning to buy my SLT this month, just waiting they drop a little more.

I've found similar deals here in Arkansas.

Maybe if you show this deal to your local dealer, they may match the price, who knows.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luke Martin said:

Best I've seen on new SLT with discounts posted online is around here is around $45k.  Also getting hard to find, I'm seeing a ton of Denali's but not many SLTs left.  If I could scoop up a new for under $40k I'd jump on that.  Longer the month goes on better they maybe willing to negotiate down that way.  Trucks seem to fetch a premium here in North GA.

Dealers can do trades from other states, if they have a good working relationship with the other dealers. My truck came from Montana and I live in Washington. They put it on a flatbed and brought it here with no charge to me. Local dealer had to give up a fully loaded HD Duramax to make it work.

Edited by JimCost2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always buy out of state. Sounds crazy or illegal even but trucks( also other cars) are cheaper else where. Buddy's construction buys there 70-100k trucks out of texas. I have ran vins and seen the price change based on what dealer zip I use. And I may have bought a chevy brand new from a GMC dealer. It was after hours and they did a oil change service invoice to make it look on par. My truck now was under investigation in my state, before they would release title. 2016 with 3800miles every option $50k truck for $18500 cash sale. And before that a fully loaded LTZ crew cab 4x4, state treasurer investigated that one. All legal and cleared quickly. Just saying there are deals to be had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Folks, I used to buy ATVs up in TN new because a better deal, not sure why didn't think same about truck.  The Albertville dealer is only 140 miles from me too, so that's nothing.  Will broaden up the search range.

Edited by Luke Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're in Georgia, Carl Black in Kennesaw is offering $17k off the 2018 Denali. I went by there this weekend and they have a good selection remaining. I think you could get them lower than that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks Folks, I used to buy ATVs up in TN new because a better deal, not sure why didn't think same about truck.  The Albertville dealer is only 140 miles from me too, so that's nothing.  Will broaden up the search range.
I've bought 2 from Howard Bentley in Albertville over the last 2 years. And they definitely beat the deal you found.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding 6.2 equipped trucks can be tough.  I settled on a 1500 with the 5.3.   Either way, I think they will come down at 5k from 41k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.