Thoughts on price *Updated details*

1 hour ago, GMCinGA said:

If you're in Georgia, Carl Black in Kennesaw is offering $17k off the 2018 Denali. I went by there this weekend and they have a good selection remaining. I think you could get them lower than that too.

Yes I saw this too seeing a lot of 6.2 Denali's still on lots. I wish they had an SLT to get it down more, last new car I bought was through them as well going back a few years though.

18 hours ago, Luke Martin said:

Wow not seeing any deals like that here...but noticed it does say take delivery.  If I don't find one local is it common to buy out of state and ship not sure what kind of charges that would look like.

Laura GMC has 30 2018 crew cab SLT, 6.2 with several priced at $41,722 ($55,716 MSRP) which is 25% off.   2019's are still not discounted too heavy yet looks like the 6.2's start around $55k which is about 9% off sticker.  Depending on where at in TN your at it could be only a few hour drive away.  Something to consider.  I purchased my 2017 6.2 there last year and drove down from Chicago.  Transaction went exceptionally smooth including trade in. 

Edited by reardiff

Wow not seeing any deals like that here...but noticed it does say take delivery.  If I don't find one local is it common to buy out of state and ship not sure what kind of charges that would look like.

It’s pretty common, and easy, to buy a car from a dealer in another state, and have it shipped to you.

Shipping charges are all over the map, you’ll find rock bottom prices if out the transport up onto Central Dispatch, or some other “eBay for shipping” service for consumers like UShip.

When I bought my truck from a dealer in Michigan, I put it on Central Dispatch and got it shipped to me in Dallas for $1050.

The dealer wanted $1500, which would have been Central Dispatch plus a markup.

This was on an open rack.
If you want it shipped enclosed, it’ll be a lot more money.
My company owns a fleet of enclosed car carriers and I’d be happy to give you a quote [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought my truck 3 month ago.  2017 Denali 1500, 6.2L, 8-speed, 4WD, one local owner, 15K miles, CPO for 43K.

I don't know if that was a great price or not but so far I put about 7K miles on it and really like it.  My first GM truck ever after driving Ford or Ram.

That is for sure a bit high, for that price I would be looking at new SLT's or I'd spend another $5,000 and buy a new Denali. I would look around for a better deal and I am almost positive you will find it. Especially the third owner on an 18 talk about a pain in the ass when it comes to reselling. My dad bought his truck at Howard Bentley in AL and got a great deal.

I could look for about 15 minutes and find a better deal than that, don't let distance deter you. Get on a plane and go pick it up or ask them about trailering the truck to you, get creative and you'll get a better deal. 

Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing.

On 12/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, Luke Martin said:

You have to buy in person.  Cost me a $149 flight and burned a Saturday to do it; early flight, they pick you up from the airport and I had a 6.5 hour drive home.  Well worth it for the massive savings.  

Your description doesn't really describe the truck enough.  A SLT Crew Cab can vary a LOT in price based on options.  Mines pretty much as loaded as you can get a SLT Crew (4x4, short bed, Z71, sunroof, paint option, floor liners, 6.2L, Premium Plus [the Plus part of that makes a big difference in price]), paid $44,055 out the door before tax.  Assuming that truck is optioned as well as mine, I'd still want quite a bit less than 41k for that one.  A 3 owner, 32k mileage used truck for 3k less - makes no sense.  If it isn't a Premium Plus, that's another few grand right there alone.  Sunroof is also a $1000 option.  Let us know exactly what is on the truck and we can tell you how bad of a deal it is (it is bad regardless).