12/10/18 (HD's) More Diesels than 6.0 on dealer lots (?)

7 hours ago, AronB said:

Follow up to my last post...got a call from my dealer this morning to tell me he just got a 2016 Summit White with 34K miles (6.0L) as a trade.  He also has a 2019 on the lot with a Duramax.  I decided to have him order me one and when he went into the system there were no more 6.0L gas engines available to be built.  He wants $43K for the 2016 so I'm going to wait and have him keep trying to get me a  2019 or I will order a 2020 in the spring.  After having a nightmare experience with a 6.0L Powerstroke I'm pretty hesitant to pull the trigger on a diesel.  

my guess is the new gas V8 is being built and GM does NOT want the old 6.0 gas (2019) sitting on the lot like an antique iron anchor with less HP than the 2020 - only guessing but not many 2019 6.0's avail still compared to other years +-

28 minutes ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

Someone in another thread said that GM has stopped production on all 2019 HD trucks and are doing an early changeover to the new models. I remember something else about 2019 being a short run, but can't find it. Can anyone confirm?

As of yesterday morning you can still order a Duramax it was the 6.0L Vortec that was no longer available.

10 hours ago, Cosmic Charlie said:

my guess is the new gas V8 is being built and GM does NOT want the old 6.0 gas (2019) sitting on the lot like an antique iron anchor with less HP than the 2020 - only guessing but not many 2019 6.0's avail still compared to other years +-

Thats what the assumption was yesterday at the dealer.  He said he has never seen it like this..usually it is the other way around where he gets 4-5 gas engine truck options for every diesel.

Just got a call from my dealer...seems as though a dealer he trades with regularly is willing to gave up a 2500HD Denali with a 6.0L Vortec.  I was looking for a silver, white or white frost tricoat with black interior.  I'm getting the white frost tricoat with Cocoa/dark sand interior.  It has all the options I wanted so I'm not gonna complain what so ever.

With 99.9% certainty, I will say your experience with the Duramax would be infinitely better than with the 6.0 Powerstroke blunder. 

However, hopefully they can get you into a gasser Denali if that’s what you are set on. 

Edited by dmax_ty
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, dmax_ty said:

With 99.9% certainty, I will say you’re experience with the Duramax would be infinitely better than with the 6.0 Powerstroke blunder. 

However, hopefully they can get you into a gasser Denali if that’s what you are set on. 

I agree 100% on my experience...if I had to do it all over again I would have went with the Duramax and probably be getting another one.  I just can't justify the $10K option with the increased operating costs.

22 hours ago, AronB said:

Follow up to my last post...got a call from my dealer this morning to tell me he just got a 2016 Summit White with 34K miles (6.0L) as a trade.  He also has a 2019 on the lot with a Duramax.  I decided to have him order me one and when he went into the system there were no more 6.0L gas engines available to be built.  He wants $43K for the 2016 so I'm going to wait and have him keep trying to get me a  2019 or I will order a 2020 in the spring.  After having a nightmare experience with a 6.0L Powerstroke I'm pretty hesitant to pull the trigger on a diesel.  

The dealer is lying to you.

I ordered a 2019 Denali HD to CA less than two weeks ago and GMC accepted my order.  My truck will be built the first week of February.

It is a 6.0L Gas TriCoat white Snow Plow Prep VYU 4WD .  I cant find gas trucks either only in double cab longbed and very rare.  They only stock Diesels because that is what GM corporate is pushing.  The dealers get allotment tickets based on previous sales yadda yadda yadda

Any questions let me know.  I am new here.  Read my other posts quickly if you want to see what I ordered and my little story.  Let me know if you have any questions and I can get the truck ordered for you through my dealer and with the correct emissions for your state (I had to get YF5 CA Emissions).  Your dealer is lying just find a family owned dealer.

I had to go to, no lie, nineteen dealerships locally to get the service I wanted.  Luckily I live in Los Angeles and we actually have that many.  I looked at Chevys and GMC's and settled on the GMC.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AronB said:

Just got a call from my dealer...seems as though a dealer he trades with regularly is willing to gave up a 2500HD Denali with a 6.0L Vortec.  I was looking for a silver, white or white frost tricoat with black interior.  I'm getting the white frost tricoat with Cocoa/dark sand interior.  It has all the options I wanted so I'm not gonna complain what so ever.

I got the jet black interior and snow plow prep VYU which deletes the sliding rear window.  I like the solid windows.

A word of advice the sunroofs leak make sure it DOES NOT have a sunroof.  you will regret it on year three or four of ownership.  I promise.

I would order the truck you want and wait.  Look at my other post and you will see why.

You want the larger alternator, the optional steps nobody ever orders, the dual battery, the 6.0L gas, no stupid tow hitch stuff in the bed.  etc.  Also I got the sport mirrors not the tow mirrors.  Up to you but I would order it, mine will be here in like 5-6 weeks maximum.

Edited by ITS_CLN
  • Thanks 1

it really shouldn't be that difficult to find a 6.0 that is spec'd the way one wants that is already built.  Thousands of dealerships across the country. One can find one and even get your favorite dealer to bring it to their lot.  My last 3 vehicle purchases I located at other dealerships and had the vehicles brought to dealer I wanted to work with.  One of the vehicles came in from out of state, roughly 215 miles away.  Dealerships swap vehicles around daily with each other.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, ITS_CLN said:

The dealer is lying to you.

I ordered a 2019 Denali HD to CA less than two weeks ago and GMC accepted my order.  My truck will be built the first week of February.

It is a 6.0L Gas TriCoat white Snow Plow Prep VYU 4WD .  I cant find gas trucks either only in double cab longbed and very rare.  They only stock Diesels because that is what GM corporate is pushing.  The dealers get allotment tickets based on previous sales yadda yadda yadda

Any questions let me know.  I am new here.  Read my other posts quickly if you want to see what I ordered and my little story.  Let me know if you have any questions and I can get the truck ordered for you through my dealer and with the correct emissions for your state (I had to get YF5 CA Emissions).  Your dealer is lying just find a family owned dealer.

I had to go to, no lie, nineteen dealerships locally to get the service I wanted.  Luckily I live in Los Angeles and we actually have that many.  I looked at Chevys and GMC's and settled on the GMC.

Well 2 weeks is a long time between when you ordered yours and I tried to order mine.  Salesman is a friend of mine..actually GM of dealership.  He had the allotment ticket for a 6.0 and I literally watched the computer reject the build because there were no more 6.0’s available.  In the end it doesn’t matter..I am getting the truck I want.  This is replacing a 2012 Silverado 2500HD LTZ with 145K on it with a 6.0 and plow prep pkg.  I basically kept what I liked and added what I wanted/needed.   I wanted the sunroof ..needed  the trailer tow mirrors.  Don’t need the extra battery..don’t have it on my Silverado don’t need it on the Denali. I like the cab steps...similar if not the same ones I have on my  Silverado as well.  The Denali has the 220 amp Alt like my Silverado has as well.   I actually like the Cocoa/dark sand interior with the frost white pearl paint.  

On 1/27/2019 at 3:28 PM, Cowpie said:

it really shouldn't be that difficult to find a 6.0 that is spec'd the way one wants that is already built.  Thousands of dealerships across the country. One can find one and even get your favorite dealer to bring it to their lot.  My last 3 vehicle purchases I located at other dealerships and had the vehicles brought to dealer I wanted to work with.  One of the vehicles came in from out of state, roughly 215 miles away.  Dealerships swap vehicles around daily with each other.  

It wasn’t that I couldn't find one...it was that my buddy had a hard time getting one from another dealer.  He got an email on Sat morning from a dealer that had one coming in that needed something he had and he jumped on it for me.  It all worked out fine in the end.

Edited by AronB

6 hours ago, ITS_CLN said:

I guess I got really lucky ordering the truck I wanted.  Wow.

I thought I wanted the sunroof but I’m scared it will leak!

Congrats on finding one!  The sunroof is my biggest worry too.  I love them, but I don't know.  If you plan on holding onto the truck for the long run then going without it is not a bad idea.  But if you plan on getting a new truck in 6 years then I think the risk of issues with the roof will be minimal. 

• Like 1