In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2019 Canadian Truck King Challenge Winner Is......

Well this is utter hot garage. I know this site is biased. They must have paid off the magazine. ??? how could they! Lol. Remind you of some of the peeps here ? 

41 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Typically TFL Truck is against GM.

They are always picking Ford Toyota or Ram.

But this is the Canadian review not Roman and company in the states.

Cmon dan. Stop it bro. Ain’t no biased going on. It’s like the deep state against Gm. ?  just FYI Roman and Andre own TFL. So if they really hated GM as much as some say why let the GM win even in Canada? Zero sense 

They should have used an f150 with ecob as a better comparison, however, the results would be the same anyway...…..

It is a good video, what surprised me was the gas consumption, the Toyota's gas mileage was better than anyone would have expected.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SlowerTrafficKeepRIght
      Ok, 

I want to come back to the GMC/Chevy family.  For over 20 years, I owned a 98 GMC Suburban, putting over 230k miles on it myself and LOVED the truck. I too owned a 2003 Chevy 1500...put many miles on it too.

I am looking at the GMC/Chevy 2500 series diesel trucks.  I will stay within the 2016-2019 year range, with about $35k plus'ish budget.  I might look at the 2021 trucks, only due to many deals/rebates etc. 

What suggestions or tips are out there for these trucks?  What should I watch out for and/or look at getting? 

So, a few years ago, I bought a 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 EcoDiesel Lonestar -- well, I have been disappointed with  Chrysler/Fiat (FCA).  Short story, they lied about the ecodiesel, and after forced recall ECM update, they sucked all performance etc., from the truck.  When I had my suburban, I never had so many recalls, been lied to, and never had poor performance.

Thanks, for any suggestions that you will provide.  Gary

• By Stanleyj42
      Around 15K I had the transmission issue with it slipping  and the dealership replaced the fluid with the mobile 1 which seem to resolve it enough that i could live with.  The transmissions still clunks into first when down shifting but whatever.  Well now at 30K I have something similar going on, but seems just slightly different.  When I'm cruising around 35-40 it almost feels like the truck is braking or downshifting and then speeding up, but enough everyone in the truck can feel it. At first i was thinking it was the DFM kicking in and its opening and closing valves so i bought a pulsar box ( i needed it for tires and autostop/start as well) and disabled the dfm, but it still does this weird shimmy.   I know that doesnt necessarily still mean its not dfm but... still.

This may sound crazy, but its much worse when its really hot outside and the truck has been sitting for bit. This morning it was cloudy and about 80 degrees.  Didn't notice it too bad when i left, but this afternoon it was about 95 (truck had been sitting in the sun for several hours) and when i went to leave even the passenger was thinking i was about to run out of gas once we leveled out around 40.  After stopping and going a few times it settles down enough that its back to just being very subtle, but still noticeable.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?  Is it DFM, Torque converter, transmission or just something i will have to trade out to resolve. 

I appreciate any answers that are offered up because i really, really don't want to get rid of this truck. 

• By TyGriff13
      Welcome to my build! 

Started with a 2019 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4wd 5.3L, which I bought with 9k miles on her in August of 2020. Got a crazy good deal on it, justified me driving to Georgia from Houston to pick it up. It even came with the Ranch Hand front bumper on it already, other than that she was stock. 

Little bit of background on my past trucks, I've been fortunate to own quite a few: 07 JK Wrangler, 08 Silverado 1500 LT Z71, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71, 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT w/ 6.2L, 2016 Denali 2500 Duramax, 2017 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, and finally my 2019 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71. I also have my 2015 ZL1 Camaro for a little bit of fun on the side, my wife has gone off to German side and is rocking her Porsche Cayenne. 

So here's the current list of mods: 
      4" Zone Lift kit w/ Fox rear shocks  35x11.50's Nitto Terra Grapplers on stock 20's  Front and back Ranch Hand bumpers Hooker Blackheart Cat-back exhaust utilizing factory dual tips K&N Series 63 cold air intake  Rough Country Automatic drop down steps Camlocker Tool box Front windows tinted to match back factory tint  Front windshield tint strip  Chevy All-Weather floor liners Stubby antenna   
      Just went on a shopping spree of sorts and this is what I've got on order: 
      Boost auto parts auto fog mod Putco Blade LED Tailgate Light Bar w/ Putco wiring harness All LED bulbs; replacing turn signals, license plate lights, and reverse lights.  And the GRAND finale, King 2.5 PRS coilovers  
      The list of things to come in the near future: 
      High Country cluster from White Audio and Media, had their Tahoe cluster in my 2017 and it was fantastic!  Waiting to order the rear King Resi PRS shocks until my checkbook bounces back a little bit. Lol Going to be putting on several LED light bars and maybe a pod or two, going to do my best to blend them into the Ranch Hands and make them as non conspicuous as possible. I'm strongly considering doing a Dyno tune w/ Kooks long tubes as well. Going to be doing ceramic tint all the way around. Limo on back windows and back glass, 15% on front windows, and 35% on the front windshield.  I've got a drop in plastic bed liner that drives me crazy, so I'll more than likely go ahead and get the bed sprayed.   
      Things I'm considering: 
      Looking into changing up the rims and trying to clear 37's when the time comes for new tires.  Blacking out the badges? Still not sold on this one... Turbo or a supercharger kit? This one would be way down the line though. Anything else that catches my attention, let me know if you can come up with anything!   
      Here is the truck from stock:

• By Determined
      How many miles to get out of a 14 Sierra slt 4x4 5.3L?    Currently 118k , try to take best care as much as possible 
    • By Scott Kramer
      my 2017 gmc after crashing