2015 Silverado 2500 CarPlay worth it?

I have a Silverado 2500HD 8” non-Bose/non-nav. I don’t even get texts read. I’ve been considering upgrading to get CarPlay but at $900 it’s tough to convince myself. I loved CarPlay in my 16 F-150 and it kept my eyes on the road instead of fiddling with my phone. Is there a cheaper way to add CarPlay or should I just get a Proclip Mount and live without it?

7aecebcf3735a51606f78275869649f9.jpg
I’m am currently selling everything you need to upgrade to CarPlay, with Nav.

-Radio Screen
-Radio module
-HMI module
-CD module.

Programming still needed to match your vin number. Whiteautoandmedia.com can program for you.
Asking price is $600.00 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Radio Screen
-Radio module
-HMI module
-CD module.

Programming still needed to match your vin number. Whiteautoandmedia.com can program for you.

That’s a good deal if you ask me. I’d be up for it but all i need is the HMI module. I already have everything else.

• Like 1

You asked if carplay was worth it.  So just to give you my opinion, carplay is not worth it for half of what it costs to upgrade. 

I am a tech geek, worked in IT for 20+ years, and tend to want the latest gadget or software etc.  But now that I have upgraded my 2016 to have appleplay I wouldnt have done it at any cost.  It sucks. 

But you may feel differently.  You said you had it in a F150 so you must know what it is worth to you.  In my opinion, bluetooth connection does everything I need.

I am pretty sure I am in the minority with this opinion.

I upgraded my system through MVI but I have factory Nav also and use Android Auto with Waze.  I love Waze when it comes to navigating through traffic. I don't know if Car Play on this system uses Waze or not.  I just installed a Pioneer AVIC-7200 NEX radio in my son's Pathfinder and his Car Play does use Waze...

3 hours ago, Viktorrocks15 said:

-Radio Screen
-Radio module
-HMI module
-CD module.

I already have the 8" non-Nav screen..do I need all of that stuff or just the HMI and Radio modules?