Not another problem ?

Hey everyone... new here. I have a 2014 Sierra SLE it was bought in May this year and from June-September I had problems with “service stabilitrack” and “power steering reduced” messages along with the air surging in and out then eventually the truck dying completely restarting the radio and mpg. I put a new battery in in October with the old one testing bad and haven’t had anymore problems until a couple weeks ago my headlights would flicker... I didn’t think anything of it and last night they did the same thing. So I cut off the truck and it went completely black (usually the dash and music stay going) and cut it back on with no issues except wiping out my mpg and radio reset. Today as I got home from work I cut it off and everything went black again, took several key turns to get any kind of light response out of it. Finally it cranked and said open and close driver window. Then reset mpg and radio again. Anyone out there know what’s going on with this? I have a video but it’s too much storage for this forum to put up so I took a couple screenshots. 

1D69FEA3-E5EF-4741-80E0-E448618B15DE.png

14BC8162-BDEC-4277-A8DD-44B7F8A66374.png

52C2C60C-B0F2-45A6-B84F-1E3FFE36911F.png

I had somewhat the same issue.... ended up being water issues form the leak in the windshield and XM antenna.   Wires under carpet on driver side shorted out and caused computer issues.  GM bought back my '17.  Check for water issues under carpet... see if wires are corroded. 

I’m leaning towards it being the ground Brian, after this was posted I couldn’t get it to light up anything so I shook the heck out of the ground on the battery and out of nowhere the alarm went off, after that all was and has been well so far. 

Rukus I’ll check into that too when I look at it thanks for the heads up. I know water leaks in a little when pressure washing it on the top right. I’ll have to look some on the left and see if any water spots come up. 

14 hours ago, J_Mas6.2 said:

I just had this problem   replaced ground cable, does not happen as often now.  also google g218 and look into that.  I havent had a chance to check that ground on mine.

This.  It takes care of most of the problems.  There is also an entire thread that lists a PIT that instructs the Techs to check this ground, the battery cables, and a couple of other areas.

• 1 month later...

Having this problem for 6 months it also affects power steering I believe I have fixed the problem by replacing the parking lamps fuse in the engine compartment with a 30 amp. Trailer keeps blowing out 20 amp fuse every time fuse is blown problem persists, replace the fuse problem goes away. Has to be the fuse

Side bar to reading about these problems.  I can't help but comment on how shitty GM trucks are.  I get that a few trucks may have this problem but looking at the responses, this is another joke of poor design and quality control.  I'm at the wits ends on my POS tranny with its hard shifts, clunking, and other garbage.