In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Crazyjoker77

What and Where do you always carry in your truck.

Just wonder what others Keep in their truck.  I'm pretty minimalist so mines a pretty short list. 

Driver door pocket- Gloves, toque, handfull of napkins, Microfiber cloth.

Center console - insurance and registration, flashlight,cheapo tire pressure gauge, knife, usb cable and a thumbdrive full of music(in the usb ports)

Ash tray - Remote for interior leds

Under pasenger seat - pack of 8 ratchet straps i picked up.

Under Rear seat - snow brush

Plan on picking up a 4in1 hitch and a tow strap after christmas.  (taking recommendations on tow strap)

Center Console:
- Pen
- BlueDriver Scan tool (Bluetooth units; reads BCM and other computers in the vehicle, so far more useful than most scanners)
- Small back scratcher
- Flashlight
- Key to my boat's gas cap

Glove Box:
- Registration and Insurance cards

Bed (have the UnderCover soft wheel well saddle tool pouch):
- Ratchet straps
- Lithium Ion jump pack
- Tow strap

Inside:
Glove compartments empty
Center console, insurance card, usb charger for my iphone

Rear seats: baby’s car seat
Backpack with my fishing tackle
And 1 gauge jumper cables under seats and umbrella for my wife incase it rains

Bed:
1 fishing pole with a baitcaster on it
Tow strap
Extra 3 way ball hitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front center console: USB to SATA hard drive bay with a 512gb solid state drive installed in it, my windshield mount for my cell phone, fast charge cigarette adapter for my cell phone, change holder (never gets used but it's there if my ezpass breaks and I need a little change), notepad, pen, and a log I use to track my mileage and how much fuel I put in every time I fill up along with what grade of fuel I used.

Front center seat: OBD2 bluetooth adapter, small/outdated map of WNY but good in a pinch if I had no cell phone or whatever, small pigtail adapter to use in the rare event the security bypass module for my remote start fails and I can't start the truck (all I would need to do is just connect that jumper and it will put the security wire back to factory and I can start the truck from the key again), LED flashlight, nail file and nail cutter.

Front dashboard/glovebox: a pair of gloves (who would have thought, gloves in a glovebox), owners manual, proof of insurance, registration, small bottle of ibuprofen,  a few imodium pills that never get touched, small bundle of tissues and napkins, cigarette lighter that is unused, the little pouch you can stick your ezpass in if you don't want it to get read when going through a toll.

Underneath rear seats: a few small towels, fire extinguisher, tire pressure checking tool (one of the long ones you can use on semi's), small blanket, bungee cords, 5 or 6 long ratchet straps, spare pair of headlight bulbs, ungodly long tow strap, 2 gauge copper jumper cables.

Truck bed: nothing but the somewhat leaky ranch truck cap.

Drivers door cd's(never use but dont know what to do with them) and a refillable spray bottle car freshener 

Glove box insurance and registration,wheel lock,map

Console cables tablet headrest mount, tactical knife and gun, pen, owner's manual in case, HPT, dental picks and change

Front console led controler and more cable hard wired to truck. 

Back under seat sub box with stainless hitch behind it

MOST IMPORTANT all back seat has dog cover cover everything but doors and can still get kids seats in. Has cargo pockets with dog leashes and poop bag. 

Oh bed has BakFlip F1 and under it moving blanket ,cardboard, tie down strap, double loops, bike cable lock, and sometimes a 2×4. 

drivers door compartment: mag lite

under back seat: small tool box with simple hand tools, ball hitch, snow brush.

undercover swing case in bed: tow strap, ratchet straps, gloves, jumper cables, other hitch, etc.

1 hour ago, 14cris said:

Inside:
Glove compartments empty
Center console, insurance card, usb charger for my iphone

Rear seats: baby’s car seat
Backpack with my fishing tackle
And 1 gauge jumper cables under seats and umbrella for my wife incase it rains

Bed:
1 fishing pole with a baitcaster on it
Tow strap
Extra 3 way ball hitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got to have a rod and reel!.. never know when you'll need to wet a line!

drivers door... howler brother's koozie... a bunch of crap in the center console, and the rest is in the tool box, from tow chains, straps, jack, tie downs, tools..etc...

Tow strap 

https://www.theisens.com/products/economy-tow-strap/17171537/

I run two of these (well the HD version on these anyway can’t find that link) in my 3/4 ton gives me 60’ of length if I’m or somebody I’m pulling out is farther off the road than that call the tow man cause it ain’t happening anyway. Carry 2 6.5 ton 7/8” screw type D rings and 2 tractor hitch pins with the rubber coated loop handle and cotter pin with retention wire (rubber loop works good with gloves on and wire so don’t drop and loose pin in snow) forget what size I found to fit the hitch hole but it’s a tight squeeze. Strap ends are loops and will slide into any 2” or 2.5” hitch then hitch pin in hole, if a receiver in the hole or smaller hitch can loop strap around the hitch assembly, can loop/hook most tow hooks/loops (also carry a short “axle” strap will work with smaller loops) or go around a differential or A arm assembly if needed. Use both Drings if using both straps one as a just in case/share the load. Also can loop hitch to hitch with a Dring if pulling in a tight spot to make a 15’ strap. Straps are obviously oversized could pull a semi with these but I’ve used this set up for 8 years now and have yet to break/fray one and don’t worry about dragging them over rocks, up ditches, around poles, ect. Also they are heavy enough that I can roll them up and leave them in the corner of the bed behind the cab and won’t blow out. If I break, lose, bend something a replacement piece is as close as the nearest “farm” store and whole set up is still less than a Buba strap...

found a link for the “HD” one

https://www.amazon.com/Erickson-59800-Recovery-Breaking-Strength/dp/B003AP86S0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1544797383&sr=8-4&keywords=Erickson+tow+strap

Edited by wforrest08
Added Link

5 hours ago, Crazyjoker77 said:

Just wonder what others Keep in their truck.  I'm pretty minimalist so mines a pretty short list. 

Driver door pocket- Gloves, toque, handfull of napkins, Microfiber cloth.

Center console - insurance and registration, flashlight,cheapo tire pressure gauge, knife, usb cable and a thumbdrive full of music(in the usb ports)

Ash tray - Remote for interior leds

Under pasenger seat - pack of 8 ratchet straps i picked up.

Under Rear seat - snow brush

Plan on picking up a 4in1 hitch and a tow strap after christmas.  (taking recommendations on tow strap)

Thanks for the reminder.  Next week we're heading off to visit family and do some holiday tourist activities.  When travelling, I carry a good quality first-aid kit, snack-bars and blankets.  These items are in addition to the usual tools straps and entertainment already mentioned.

Center storage - GPS, flashlight, pen, small note pad, tire gauge, snack bars, candy bars.

Center council - 2 bottles water.

Center small storage with the door - keys for cabin, key for front door.

Drivers door - quart of oil, mail box key, leather gloves.

Dash - in winter a pair of knit gloves for cold steering wheel.

Beside drivers seat - winter gloves.

Passenger door - hand wipes, bottle water.

Glove box - users manual, maintenance records, tissue, head phones, Range device.

Back seat - hitch ball, coat, hat, snow brush, window shade, blanket.

Bed - tool box, spare tire for boat, bungee cords and tie down straps in a container, anti freeze. 

This is a lot of stuff but my travels can be rural with no cell phone service.

We go for rides to get out of the house to see wild life.

If you have a problem you wait until someone comes by.

I said before in 50 years I have broken down twice due to part failures so I do what I can.

:)

Edited by diyer2

I'll do my best to go by memory on this one.

Driver's Door:

Change

Doggie bags

Leatherman tool

Tape Measure

Front Passenger Door:

?

Rear Driver Door:

Leather Gloves

Two full water bottles

Rear Passenger Door:

Lithium Booster Pack

Rags

Centre Console:

Large Towel

Glove Boxes

Hand Cream

Mini bike pump

Spare bicycle tire tubes

Wheel Nut Socket

Owners Manual

Insurance / Registration

Extra phone charge cable

Tire Pressure Gauge

OBDII Reader

Pen

Paper Towel

Dash Cubby

Snacks (cliff bars)

Chap Stick

Tylenol

Under Driver Seat

Air compressor (sometimes)

Driver's Seatback Pocket

Backroads Map Book

Under Front Passenger Seat

Chain and Padlock

Under Rear Seat

Breaker Bar

Ratchet / tie down straps

Snow Brush

Umbrella

Tool Bag on floor, behind Driver Seat

Tow Strap

Shackles

Liquid Wrench lube

Stubby Wrench Set

Screw driver with changeable bits

Small Vice Grips

Basic first aid kit

Bed

Empty, ready to haul.  I hate having things I have to move if I need the full bed.

Edited by rkj__
  • Like 1

Sunglass Holder : Sunglasses

Center Console : Wet Wipes, Spare Change, Winter driving gloves, Spare Change and phone Charging Cord.

Under Rear Seat : Tie Downs, Detailer Spray and Microfiber Towel

Glove Box: Owners manual

Center Console:
- Pen
- tape measure
- Role O'Toilet paper
- Flashlight
- GPS unit

- 9MM

-screw drivers

- Tire Gauge

- CD's

Under Hood

- Ratchet straps

- jumper cables

Bed

- Crow bar
- Wood

- Chain

Glove Box:
- Registration and Insurance cards

- Trailer adapters 

- Brake controller when not in use

Four way under the seat, phone charger, pens, hairbrush, flashlight, ibuprofen, tums in the console and a 9mm on me.