What did you pay for your truck?

16 hours ago, Jglew82 said:

I'm betting he gets calls this weekend, especially if they are a volume dealer. This happens to be not only end of month, but also end of 2Q19...

I had a text waiting for me this morning when I woke up. Unfortunately this happens to be the volume dealer that has a decent price on the truck but giving me next to nothing for my trade. I'm standing firm. Like you guys said, they need me, not the other way around.

I actually had one salesman from a different dealer argue with me, straight up argue with me, about an offer another dealer gave me. When I sent him a screenshot of the email, he said it wasn't a similarly optioned truck. When I then sent him the VIN, he got aggressive. At that point, I told him I wouldn't buy a new vehicle from him if he sold it for $10k. 

2 minutes ago, HBKidJr said:

I had a text waiting for me this morning when I woke up. Unfortunately this happens to be the volume dealer that has a decent price on the truck but giving me next to nothing for my trade. I'm standing firm. Like you guys said, they need me, not the other way around.

I actually had one salesman from a different dealer argue with me, straight up argue with me, about an offer another dealer gave me. When I sent him a screenshot of the email, he said it wasn't a similarly optioned truck. When I then sent him the VIN, he got aggressive. At that point, I told him I wouldn't buy a new vehicle from him if he sold it for $10k. 

Good on you for holding your ground; they're putting their chips on making the money on your trade.

Sounds like what you were dealing with is the typical scenario with salesfolks - inflated ego and inability to admit when they're wrong. 

I picked out a '19 AT4, had Sunroof, Prem Pkg, Tech package with all the cams, Performance Pkg with intake and exhaust.  Sticker was $66,5xx and they were advertising it at $56,500.  It comes time for the numbers game and of course, their "advertised price" included every rebate available all stacked.  HA!  They came back with their piece of paper, their sales price was higher, much higher than advertised and they would not even give me KBB TRADE IN (Dealer Trade in Value) on my '18 SLT.  I stood up, thanked them for their time and left in my "old" truck.  These guys are supposed to be the VOLUME dealer in my town.  HA!  I guess my town has too many people buying trucks.  

I’ve used the spreadsheet and NADA with two different dealers thus far and both have scoffed at the number I offered.

One dealer had a truck at 66,500 MSRP with 11,200 in incentives. I plugged all of the numbers in and assumed 4% profit getting the truck just below 52K.

The GM called me after I emailed a sales person and proceeded to tell me they didn’t have that much in the truck to give up and they spend a lot of time and money to make sure their internet price is one of the most competitive around.

The other dealer I spoke with just said no. No other negotiating, just no.

I’m with everyone else, I do question the validity of spreadsheet’s accuracy because I’m usually a pretty decent negotiator because I’m always willing to walk away and use a plan b, c or d if necessary.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:35 AM, HBKidJr said:

Hell, I had a call yesterday asking if I had purchased a truck yet.  Told the guy, sure did.  It's the end of the month, keep holding out and stand firm.  

I’ve used the spreadsheet and NADA with two different dealers thus far and both have scoffed at the number I offered.

One dealer had a truck at 66,500 MSRP with 11,200 in incentives. I plugged all of the numbers in and assumed 4% profit getting the truck just below 52K.

The GM called me after I emailed a sales person and proceeded to tell me they didn’t have that much in the truck to give up and they spend a lot of time and money to make sure their internet price is one of the most competitive around.

The other dealer I spoke with just said no. No other negotiating, just no.

I’m with everyone else, I do question the validity of spreadsheet’s accuracy because I’m usually a pretty decent negotiator because I’m always willing to walk away and use a plan b, c or d if necessary.

Just got an email from the GM, they offered the truck to me at 53,500 if I finance all of it through GM (which I can before the wife gets her employee discount at the bank). I’d like to see it closer to 52 flat. What’s my move?

2019 Sierra Crew Cab SLT X31 5.3L with SLT Premium Plus and Sunroof.  Sticker was just shy of $60,000, they brought it down to almost $45,000 before TTL. I ended up getting around $10,000 off the sticker out the door. I feel okay with the deal. It was a retired service loaner with 2,500 miles which helped on the price. They also gave me a fair number for my 2016 Silverado trade. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, brianc636 said:

Just got an email from the GM, they offered the truck to me at 53,500 if I finance all of it through GM (which I can before the wife gets her employee discount at the bank). I’d like to see it closer to 52 flat. What’s my move?

I've used that spreadsheet on my wife's car and my car.  Worked both times.  Don't let the dealer jack you around.  They need to sell the vehicle more than you need it.  This is how they get their bonuses from the manufacturer etc.  My fully loaded AT4 came to $53284 and some change and they took my offer to the penny.  You need to ask them if everyone gets all the incentives and what is actually included in that money they are offering.  Some of those discounts could be if you have a lease etc.  

I've used that spreadsheet on my wife's car and my car.  Worked both times.  Don't let the dealer jack you around.  They need to sell the vehicle more than you need it.  This is how they get their bonuses from the manufacturer etc.  My fully loaded AT4 came to $53284 and some change and they took my offer to the penny.  You need to ask them if everyone gets all the incentives and what is actually included in that money they are offering.  Some of those discounts could be if you have a lease etc.  

I don’t have a lease and the GM told me the $7798 listed on the website is based on MSRP value and not any invoice based incentives.

I responded back to him already and said for full financing he needs to get to 52 flat.

6 minutes ago, brianc636 said:

I don’t have a lease and the GM told me the $7798 listed on the website is based on MSRP value and not any invoice based incentives.

I responded back to him already and said for full financing he needs to get to 52 flat.

That's good you are holding strong. They make money regardless as GM pays them for moving the vehicles. They just are not seeing the profit they want from you. Let them get that off another customer not as educated. 

• Like 1

That's good you are holding strong. They make money regardless as GM pays them for moving the vehicles. They just are not seeing the profit they want from you. Let them get that off another customer not as educated. 

Thanks, I want the truck but can live without it, especially since my kid doesn’t technically get my car for another 5 months.

I’d like for them to swap the steps on it to the off road ones at that price but I’m probably being greedy at this point.