What did you pay for your truck?

I leased a new AT4 Carbon Pro Edition 6/30/19 for 36 months, 12,000 miles per year

MSRP                   $66,635

Dealer discount  $4,362

Rebates               $3,650 ($3,400 on GM lease and $250 for GM Loyalty - 2015 Z/28 bought new from GM)

Residual              $41,980.05 - 63% of MSRP (10k lease is 65% and 15k lease is 61%)

Drive Off's           $1,800 - taxes on capitalized reduction, fees and 1st payment, plus $655.96 capital reduction

Base Payment: $696.05 

Taxes                 $53.94 - specific to my zip code in San Juan Cap, CA 

Total PMT         $749.99 - including tax

Interest Rate:    5.06% - GMC buy rate - so not great - Trail boss has 3.7% - but overall I was very happy with the outcome. 

Very happy with the Lease and to get a Carbon Pro Edition!  Truck is in transit to the Dealer, they will add painted molded fender flares (my cost $690 installed, same as GM option cost) and they are paying to transport it by truck from Phx. to Orange County (about $400).   Dealer (Henry Brown GMC - Gilbert AZ) was super easy to deal with - sent email and told them what I wanted (drive off's only and $750 per month total pmt) - and which truck from their inventory by VIN - they called me back 10 minutes later and said - ok - overnighted me the paperwork, I overnighted back - done deal - 20 minutes start to finish!  Just how I like it.

Now hard part is having to was 10 days to 2 weeks to get the truck!   Lease will start when the truck is shipped.

Can't wait to get it.

Edited by Supercup

I don’t even understand what all that’s about.

I’ve never leased a vehicle and it’s not something we see a lot of with people I know. Just seems like your paying for a vehicle you don’t get to keep.

It’s cool you got the carbon version though. Post up when you get it.

From a what did you pay perspective

MSRP                   $66,635

Dealer discount  $4,362

Rebates               $3,650

Selling price        $58,623

Discount of         $8,012 - or 12%

Plus tax and license wherever you live - the lease is just an easy way to buy an expensive depreciating asset, lock in your downside and give yourself the option to keep or give back at the end.

Just got lucky on the Carbon Pro, was looking for a black one with what I wanted and came across it on their webste - did some research and realized it had everything I wanted, plus the carbon bed, which I wanted but was told I could not get until 2020 - so win - win.

Guess there will only be 500 Carbon Pro AT4's for 2019 - and was also told for 2020 the price will go down for the package, by $2k or so.  However the reason why is because the performance package (exhaust, airbox and factory tune) will not be part of the package in 2020.  Was told by the dealer that the performace package will no longer be offereed in 2020 on any Silverado or Sierra - GM will only offer cat back exhaust, dealer installed - not from the Factory - they will no longer offer the air box or the tune in the package in 2020.  That would be a bummer, as it is nice to get a factory engineered package with full warranty! 

Will post up photos once the truck arrives. 

Edited by Supercup

Still haven’t heard back from the guy about coming down to sign paperwork on Friday. It’s a 4 hour drive to get it and I figured he’d be foaming at the mouth when i basically said get to this number and we’ll drive 4 hours to pick it. He couldn’t get an easier sale.

The wife says I’m too impatient, she’s probably right.

I’m going to email the dealer tonight about the truck. The truck is listed at 66,445 (At4, off road, tech, premium, driver II, pacific blue) and we’re at 53,500 currently.

The wife asked about it first thing tonight when I got home if we were planning on going to get it.

I’m going to see if he’ll come down another $750 at least. That’ll get me to within 1k of what I originally offered.

3 minutes ago, brianc636 said:

I’m going to email the dealer tonight about the truck. The truck is listed at 66,445 (At4, off road, tech, premium, driver II, pacific blue) and we’re at 53,500 currently.

The wife asked about it first thing tonight when I got home if we were planning on going to get it.

I’m going to see if he’ll come down another $750 at least. That’ll get me to within 1k of what I originally offered.

Bro, you are looking at almost a $13,000 discount as it is.  Go buy that awesome truck and enjoy the heck out of it, you have close to a 20% discount, anyone would be happy with that deal.  

So I finally heard from the dealer. In short he said the deal he offered was only good for Saturday and now things have changed so thanks for shopping basically. He said he thought he responded to my email and apologized for not.

I responded with, that I was unaware of the deadline and I continued to ask questions the same day so why would I think otherwise. I asked what was currently available and left it open ended.

3 hours ago, brianc636 said:

That was a hell of a deal!

7 minutes ago, brianc636 said:

Was is the key word at this point. I’m keeping him engaged, so we’ll see what he comes back with.

Why not call and say you'll come now if they'll do that deal?  They'll get more than that if they keep it, that's probably why they're saying that now.

Why not call and say you'll come now if they'll do that deal?  They'll get more than that if they keep it, that's probably why they're saying that now.

Maybe. Depends how long they’ve had it. I may ask for him to honor his price and see what he says.

Just now, brianc636 said:

Maybe. Depends how long they’ve had it. I may ask for him to honor his price and see what he says.

Deals must be better where you're at then.  You wouldn't see that kind of a deal here really.

1 hour ago, brianc636 said:

So I finally heard from the dealer. In short he said the deal he offered was only good for Saturday and now things have changed so thanks for shopping basically. He said he thought he responded to my email and apologized for not.

I responded with, that I was unaware of the deadline and I continued to ask questions the same day so why would I think otherwise. I asked what was currently available and left it open ended.

Did some of the incentives they were including expire? Have to watch out for that. They’ll come back before long. 

Well....deal is done.

2019 AT4 CC short bed

Off road package

Tech package

Sunroof

Driver alert I and II

At4 premium and preferred packages

MSRP 66,445

OTD price (no TTL as it’s a different state)...

$53,000 with a foldable sunshade [emoji16]

Leveling kit, short antenna and carbon vinyl will be here tomorrow when I get back from the dealer. [emoji16]

• Like 2

18 hours ago, brianc636 said:

Well....deal is done.

2019 AT4 CC short bed

Off road package

Tech package

Sunroof

Driver alert I and II

At4 premium and preferred packages

MSRP 66,445

OTD price (no TTL as it’s a different state)...

$53,000 with a foldable sunshade emoji16.png

Leveling kit, short antenna and carbon vinyl will be here tomorrow when I get back from the dealer. emoji16.png

That is the best deal I have seen!  I have been trying for a deal close to that, no dealer within 500 miles/multiple states would even nibble.  Enjoy your new truck!!!

18 hours ago, brianc636 said: