Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What did you pay for your truck?


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, spenpet said:

it is...bought it new then...i missed the 2019 part...my bad...i would say that regardless of year...i would not pay more than at LEAST 20% off MSRP...I have purchased 3 new chevys and have always been able to do that...I have also helped friends buy trucks and they have always been able to do that if they are patient...so I wouldn't really say 21% is a great deal...I would say that should be the standard deal...

That would be a heck of a deal if you got to choose your options & color, etc.

 

If you are shopping end of year leftovers the dealer is trying to get rid of, then maybe 20% off sticker can be your goal, but I doubt anyone is going to get that on a brand new model that only came off the line 6 weeks ago.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MSRP: 61k my price: 48k   Here is what i did recently to get 20% off of my truck.  On the last week of August i stopped by every dealership in my local area (6).  For the first 4 dealer

Got a 2020 LT trail boss this weekend MSRP 55,105 Discounted to 44,147 Was out the door for 49k (no trade in so tax was high) This is my first modern Chevy. I had a 68 Chevelle that I restored

Shout out to Classic of Denison TX. They have built their name on being honorable and it was tested today but they stood tall. Long story short, I've been shopping a while and have insomnia due to spi

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, spenpet said:

it is...bought it new then...i missed the 2019 part...my bad...i would say that regardless of year...i would not pay more than at LEAST 20% off MSRP...I have purchased 3 new chevys and have always been able to do that...I have also helped friends buy trucks and they have always been able to do that if they are patient...so I wouldn't really say 21% is a great deal...I would say that should be the standard deal...

Well I hope the 19's come down a bit, I can't bare to pay what they want right now knowing that the 18's (which are great trucks) are $15k off all day long right now.   I feel like i'm getting ripped off.   Laura GMC is around 7k off and my  local dealers in AZ are around 6-7k, if I coudl get that to about 10k i'd be real interested in an LTZ CC right now.  I'm hoping January they roll out some better rebates to try and move them.   The other guys are doing 10k plus off on their 19's so it has to be hurting their sales.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Smitty said:

Well I hope the 19's come down a bit, I can't bare to pay what they want right now knowing that the 18's (which are great trucks) are $15k off all day long right now.   I feel like i'm getting ripped off.   Laura GMC is around 7k off and my  local dealers in AZ are around 6-7k, if I coudl get that to about 10k i'd be real interested in an LTZ CC right now.  I'm hoping January they roll out some better rebates to try and move them.   The other guys are doing 10k plus off on their 19's so it has to be hurting their sales.   

there are plenty of people who buy completely new design as soon as they are available...I prefer to wait a bit and let some of the kinks get worked out...Autotrader, Edmunds.com, and having dealers bid on the same truck have been tools to help me get the deal I want...

14 minutes ago, aseibel said:

That would be a heck of a deal if you got to choose your options & color, etc.

 

If you are shopping end of year leftovers the dealer is trying to get rid of, then maybe 20% off sticker can be your goal, but I doubt anyone is going to get that on a brand new model that only came off the line 6 weeks ago.

I did not order my truck...but got exactly what I wanted...I did not say you could get a 2019 right now for that...but again, if you can be patient...I would bet in the spring you can...I have bought trucks in October, March and August...(the 2016 which is a refresh, but still a 'new style' in August of 2016...) and all at least 20% off MSRP...my point is it doesn't have to be end of the year left overs...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spenpet said:

I did not say you could get a 2019 right now for that...but again, if you can be patient...I would bet in the spring you can...I have bought trucks in October, March and August...(the 2016 which is a refresh, but still a 'new style' in August of 2016...) and all at least 20% off MSRP...my point is it doesn't have to be end of the year left overs...

ok, yes, you are correct, but the OP asked specifically about people who have bought '19s. So I doubt anyone has gotten a '19 yet for 20% off MSRP.

 

Smart shoppers will always wait for a good deal. I bought my brand new one in June 2015, when the 16's were only 2 months away. But there's always those who cannot wait to get in the brand new denali today. Seeing what prices people above are paying for these new trucks makes me very happy with what I got for my price paid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fishingtruck said:

So far, the dealer wants to talk invoice (3500 off), I think it would be great to get 8% off since they are new on the lots, on a 64K truck that is $5120.

You should be able to at least get 5k to 7k off because of GM Employee Pricing for Everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fishingtruck said:

Thanks will ask again, GMC did not want to share their enthusiasm about employee pricing as Chevy, but worth asking.

Check the websites of the Dealerships you are dealing with and look at their pricing models. The GMC Dealerships here list the MSRP and the GMFamily Price which

should be 5k to 7k off,

Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice that when people are talking about what they paid for their new truck and how much it was discounted that there is never any mention of trade being involved, most times there is. Just saying you got 5-7 thousand off MSRP doesn't mean much to me when they only give you  average trade price according to the NADA book which is what most dealers go off of. I'd much prefer that they allow retail price on trade and go off MSRP plus any incentives that are currently available. Even if they say they'll trade for invoice they will still make $ off your trade plus receive the dealer hold back from GM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
That would be a heck of a deal if you got to choose your options & color, etc.  

If you are shopping end of year leftovers the dealer is trying to get rid of, then maybe 20% off sticker can be your goal, but I doubt anyone is going to get that on a brand new model that only came off the line 6 weeks ago.

 

 

 

(Oops, pls ignore screen name, we have a 1500 (2018) also...)

 

 

Note:

 

Regarding discount... Laura Buick is usually aggressive with their pricing

 

 

 

 

 

2019

 

3500 Denali long bed diesel

 

Purchased 12/21/2018

 

Sticker (with freight) $72,060

 

Out the door: $59,450

 

2019 single rear wheel, Denali, off road suspension plus extra HD 220(?) dual alternator package

 

Picked it up, loaded s1000xr motorcycle in the bed, then hooked up new airstream and proceeded to drive 5,020 miles in the next three weeks (I’m so tired of driving) looking for sunshine and warm temps (None found).

 

Truck was great, except requisite DEF fills every 1750 miles

 

IMG_7646.thumb.jpg.b5624ba8fb3eb0592b02c023df9b389c.jpg

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Inventory seems to be really odd on a truck thats been on the market for 3-4 months. When I search autotrader for stock there are only (2) trail boss in 100 miles of me and I live in a major city. There are probably 10 - 20 dealerships in a 100 miles of me. I would have thought after a quarter of a year there would be more inventory.

 

Its no wonder people are only getting 7-8% off...I'm surprised they are getting that much with the limited availability. Either demand is really hot or they are trying to create demand with limited supply.

Edited by Chris walker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.