What did you pay for your truck?

On 6/23/2019 at 10:49 PM, txat4 said:

First, I used the NADA site (https://www.nadaguides.com/) as it will give you invoice pricing for every option for any vehicle along with invoice for the vehicle.  The MSRP prices for the options came out exact when you look at the window sticker on these car dealers sites, so you know its legit.  I then used a spreadsheet found here https://www.carbuyingtips.com/download.htm  When you are looking at these on the internet, I factored in all the rebates and the dealer savings as a whole.  It took a little bit of time for a dealership to bite but they did and took my offer to the penny.  I did everything via email, and a bit of talking on the phone.  My time is valuable and I'm not going to go sit down at a dealership and get screwed around as none of you should.  I also made them show me a buyers/purchase order with that price before I drove down to the dealership as it was over an hour from me.  When I got their, filled out the credit app, checked the truck out (already test drove one) then it was on to finance and I was out the door.  Extremely painless.  

How did you calculate in the dealer discounts on that spreadsheet? Put those up in the factory-to-dealer incentives spot? In my calculating, I'm finding AT4s in the $54k range after all their deals, but I'm not sure what I should do with this new info. I'm coming up with around $61k invoice price on that spreadsheet, just not sure if I can stack their own discounts on top of that.

11 minutes ago, HBKidJr said:

How did you calculate in the dealer discounts on that spreadsheet? Put those up in the factory-to-dealer incentives spot? In my calculating, I'm finding AT4s in the $54k range after all their deals, but I'm not sure what I should do with this new info. I'm coming up with around $61k invoice price on that spreadsheet, just not sure if I can stack their own discounts on top of that.

Yes, I stacked both of the discounts.  Used a 3% profit margin as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/25/chevy-is-working-on-what-could-be-the-first-pickup-to-top-100000.html

2020 Silverado 3500 HD High Country, stickered at $102,535... OTD for $38,530 and a lightly used iPhone 6.

LOL... GM is hilarious with their sticker prices, like no other.  Can't believe there are any people out there that pay ""MSRP"".

5 minutes ago, txat4 said:

Yes, I stacked both of the discounts.  Used a 3% profit margin as well.

I'm getting a final price of ~$51,500, before TTL. I've had more than one dealership laugh at me over that number. I did have one offer of $52k though. Now I'm waiting on their trade in offer.

1 minute ago, HBKidJr said:

I'm getting a final price of ~$51,500, before TTL. I've had more than one dealership laugh at me over that number. I did have one offer of $52k though. Now I'm waiting on their trade in offer.

Post the link to the truck and let me take a look. 

29 minutes ago, txat4 said:

Post the link to the truck and let me take a look. 

Here's an example.

MSRP is $65,195, which matches perfectly on the spreadsheet. $7,587 in incentives. Final price is coming up to $53,154. When I mention that price to that dealer, they refuse to go any lower than $56k. Maybe I'm either really bad at negotiating or maybe I'm really bad at this spreadsheet. It's even more laughable to them when I find one with like $11,000 in incentives. 

8 minutes ago, HBKidJr said:

Here's an example.

MSRP is $65,195, which matches perfectly on the spreadsheet. $7,587 in incentives. Final price is coming up to $53,154. When I mention that price to that dealer, they refuse to go any lower than $56k. Maybe I'm either really bad at negotiating or maybe I'm really bad at this spreadsheet. It's even more laughable to them when I find one with like $11,000 in incentives. 

With the link you sent, I'm getting a price of $53,284 (calculating a 3% fair profit margin) with the $7587 total incentives.  Invoice for the options on that vehicle comes to $9461.  Some of these high volume dealerships get better incentives depending on how many vehicles they can move.  Stand your ground.  It took several weeks for a dealership to take my offer.  These dealerships also get a set amount of money per month that they can play with to put toward vehicles to reduce the cost.  My thought process was I don't need this vehicle but they need to sell the vehicle.  

15 minutes ago, txat4 said:

With the link you sent, I'm getting a price of $53,284 (calculating a 3% fair profit margin) with the $7587 total incentives.  Invoice for the options on that vehicle comes to $9461.  Some of these high volume dealerships get better incentives depending on how many vehicles they can move.  Stand your ground.  It took several weeks for a dealership to take my offer.  These dealerships also get a set amount of money per month that they can play with to put toward vehicles to reduce the cost.  My thought process was I don't need this vehicle but they need to sell the vehicle.  

Yeah, I definitely am not in a hurry. Glad to know I wasn't off much compared to yours. But yeah, these are all high volume dealers. If I could get down to $51k-$52k, I'd probably jump on it as fast as I could drive there. I was just reading a thread over on Reddit about how this is a slow month for dealerships in general for some reason. Maybe as we get closer to Friday or Saturday, they'll start emailing me back. Thanks for the feedback!

Just now, HBKidJr said:

Yeah, I definitely am not in a hurry. Glad to know I wasn't off much compared to yours. But yeah, these are all high volume dealers. If I could get down to $51k-$52k, I'd probably jump on it as fast as I could drive there. I was just reading a thread over on Reddit about how this is a slow month for dealerships in general for some reason. Maybe as we get closer to Friday or Saturday, they'll start emailing me back. Thanks for the feedback!

No problem. Toward the end of the month you might get some emails calls as they are trying to meet goals. Good luck and look forward to the news. 

On 6/26/2019 at 2:13 PM, txat4 said:

No problem. Toward the end of the month you might get some emails calls as they are trying to meet goals. Good luck and look forward to the news. 

I'm betting he gets calls this weekend, especially if they are a volume dealer. This happens to be not only end of month, but also end of 2Q19...

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:33 AM, GMCShack said:

GM Financial loans are simple interest loans with no prepayment or refinance penalty of any kind, in any state, but if you get a GM Finance rebate or finance bonus cash or finance incentive cash, you must keep the loan for at least 90 days or you forfeit that GM Finance “bonus” money. 

I thought this was the case as well because that's what the dealer told me and I unfortunately believed those clowns. I had the cash to pay for the truck outright on day of delivery but the incentive rebate for financing with GM seemed to be worth it. I was never given information on how to make payments from the dealership. I called the dealership a week after picking up the truck because I don't want to be late on anything and was told GM Financial would send the instructions in the mail. I waited 1.5 months for it to finally show up and when I got logged in I realized I could pay the whole thing off in one shot immediately. The @ssholes at GM Financial had no problem dragging their feet giving me the payment instructions. Needless to say I paid an extra $252.68 in interest on the loan I didn't actually need for that 1.5 months to GM financial that I didn't have to. Do not believe the dealership, they're full of ****. GM Financial is fine with stealing your money in interest. I called them on it and they don't care. GM Corporate sent me out a survey on the truck where I blasted them on this strategy and they called me to show "they cared" but they didn't offer any kickback or credit towards service or accessories to make up for the interest they got from me. What a joke. I'm surprised there isn't already a class action lawsuit brewing up pertaining to this sort of shady business tactic.

5 minutes ago, Rckstr7 said:

I thought this was the case as well because that's what the dealer told me and I unfortunately believed those clowns. I had the cash to pay for the truck outright on day of delivery but the incentive rebate for financing with GM seemed to be worth it. I was never given information on how to make payments from the dealership. I called the dealership a week after picking up the truck because I don't want to be late on anything and was told GM Financial would send the instructions in the mail. I waited 1.5 months for it to finally show up and when I got logged in I realized I could pay the whole thing off in one shot immediately. The @ssholes at GM Financial had no problem dragging their feet giving me the payment instructions. Needless to say I paid an extra $252.68 in interest on the loan I didn't actually need for that 1.5 months to GM financial that I didn't have to. Do not believe the dealership, they're full of ****. GM Financial is fine with stealing your money in interest. I called them on it and they don't care. GM Corporate sent me out a survey on the truck where I blasted them on this strategy and they called me to show "they cared" but they didn't offer any kickback or credit towards service or accessories to make up for the interest they got from me. What a joke. I'm surprised there isn't already a class action lawsuit brewing up pertaining to this sort of shady business tactic.

Sorry that happened -- for anyone else in this situation, you can call GM Financial to get your account and payoff information.  Not sure what the soonest is you can do that; I did it after 8 days and my CU overnighted the refi check to them that day.

Edited by scdaren

1 minute ago, scdaren said:

Sorry that happened -- for anyone else in this situation, you can call GM Financial to get your account and payoff information.  Not sure what the soonest is you can do that; I did it after 8 days and my CU overnighted the refi check to them that day.

Thanks bro. I've never financed a vehicle so I had no idea. Always paid cash. My home mortgage company made me very aware of where the money needed to go from day one when I bought my house. I wasn't even given a number to call GM Financial from the dealership. It's pretty obvious they don't want you to know about this interest grabbing scam they have going on.

5 minutes ago, Rckstr7 said:

Thanks bro. I've never financed a vehicle so I had no idea. Always paid cash. My home mortgage company made me very aware of where the money needed to go from day one when I bought my house. I wasn't even given a number to call GM Financial from the dealership. It's pretty obvious they don't want you to know about this interest grabbing scam they have going on.

Yeah the dealership wants to try to delay you as long as possible from doing a refi.  This is because after a certain number of months and miles, the refi bank will treat it as a used vehicle refi, and won't finance the full MSRP, only the blue book value which would be much lower.  This would prevent anyone who made a small down payment from doing a full refi, and thus lock them into that high interest loan for a few years at least, while the dealership collects the kickbacks.

Edited by scdaren