08 GMC

Tire Pressure Sensors

I have a 2008' GMC Sierra 1500 2WD with a 5.3L non flex fuel.

My dash shows a light lit for the tire pressure and when I check the pressures they are fine but the truck says I have like 2 psi in one and normal in the others.

Is it common to have to change the sensors?

Thanks

Yes, it is normal.  The batteries go bad over time.  I would say if you are on the original sensors then you are lucky they lasted 10yrs.    Replace all four and you will be good for a long time.  Most shops charge a minimal fee if you purchase the sensors from them.  You can also purchase them on Ebay for a reasonable price, then find a shop that will install them for you. 

• Like 2

For sure your sensors. Mine made it 9 years, you can use them as a negation tool when buying tires. When I was calling around getting quotes, I got them to install the sensors free of charge. 

• Like 1

Go ahead and but them and when it's time to rotate the tires, have them installed...and might as well go ahead and get all 4 sensors replaced; if not, one, if not both, of the others will start failing right after you get the 1st two replaced

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dsr611 said:

Go ahead and but them and when it's time to rotate the tires, have them installed...and might as well go ahead and get all 4 sensors replaced; if not, one, if not both, of the others will start failing right after you get the 1st two replaced

This! ^^^^  I was a knucklehead and did this!  

13598771, 25920615, 56029398AA, 56029398AB, those last two are Chrysler but worked on my truck!  Currently running the first ones which are from a 2016.